Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Fox announcer busted for drugs

Now I know why his analysis was so bad all these years. Guy always seemed to hyper, making statements that made no sense.

PEORIA, Ill. (AP) — Former NFL player and Fox Sports broadcaster Bill Maas was charged with drug possession and weapons charges following a roadside safety check.
    The 45-year-old Maas and a passenger in his Hummer, Sarah J. Murphy, 27, were arrested late Friday by Illinois State Police. During the stop, police indicated Maas seemed nervous, and he agreed to a search of his vehicle.

Police found a .22-caliber revolver, 5 grams of suspected marijuana, 6 grams of suspected cocaine and 28 pills of Ecstasy. Maas and Murphy were charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana. Maas was also booked on a charge of unlawful use of a weapon.

"We didn't recognize him until about 5 p.m. this afternoon," Trooper Tony Halsey told the Journal Star of Peoria on Saturday.

Halsey said he had no idea why Maas and Murphy, both residents of Lee's Summit, Mo., were in the area.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Now I know why his analysis was so bad all these years. Guy always seemed to hyper, making statements that made no sense.

PEORIA, Ill. (AP) — Former NFL player and Fox Sports broadcaster Bill Maas was charged with drug possession and weapons charges following a roadside safety check.
    The 45-year-old Maas and a passenger in his Hummer, Sarah J. Murphy, 27, were arrested late Friday by Illinois State Police. During the stop, police indicated Maas seemed nervous, and he agreed to a search of his vehicle.

Police found a .22-caliber revolver, 5 grams of suspected marijuana, 6 grams of suspected cocaine and 28 pills of Ecstasy. Maas and Murphy were charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana. Maas was also booked on a charge of unlawful use of a weapon.

"We didn't recognize him until about 5 p.m. this afternoon," Trooper Tony Halsey told the Journal Star of Peoria on Saturday.

Halsey said he had no idea why Maas and Murphy, both residents of Lee's Summit, Mo., were in the area.
    Almost two 8 balls, a little less then a quarter of weed, and X..? A 45 year old man with a 27 year old woman... He was on his way to go have one hell of a time that JJ can appreciate...

The coke and weed aren't all that much but 28 shots of X..? God Damn!!!

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

He can kiss his FOX job goodbye,

ShamsWoof10

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
    From time to time I guess but for the most part I find this particular drug very annoying...

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

God i hope so. There are alot of bad color guys out there, but he takes the cake. I prayed every sunday that the games i bet, he wasn't doing.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

He was truely horrible, and Fox actually cut him back last season to only about 8 weeks of games. I don't think he did any games the last couple months.

He just had to talk all the time, even though he would contradict himself a minute after saying something. My favorite was early last year. Dennis Green makes some stupid challenge (what a shock) of a meaningless play in the first quarter. As they go to commercial Maas says "this is a great challenge by Dennis Green. They will overturn this."

Back from commercial, play stands. Mass: "You knew that play might or might not be overturned because it was so close."

Wait, you just said no doubt it'll be overturned. I wonder if the networks listen and grade their announcers. The NFL has some of thw worst color men in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_king View Post
    God i hope so. There are alot of bad color guys out there, but he takes the cake. I prayed every sunday that the games i bet, he wasn't doing.

colt29
    colt29's Avatar Become A Pro!

Remember Dickerson, he was the best sideline reporter ever.

ShamsWoof10

Ahmead Rashad was pretty good too but f*ckin' hang up on proposing to your girlfriend on the air...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh I don't know. He could use the Irvin defense.

osotogari
    osotogari's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hahahaaha

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    From time to time I guess but for the most part I find this particular drug very annoying...
    Get better stuff if it annoys you.

ShamsWoof10

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    Get better stuff if it annoys you.
    nahh I had some pretty good stuff and it's just me I guess... I have never heard anyone say it irritated them but my body and alcohol don't get along well either... My idea buzz is ONE pill of ephedrine and a bowl is some quality stuff...

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

never consent to a search