DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7917

Breaking: The Eagles confirm that Carson Wentz has a torn ACL, ending his season.

Breaking: The Eagles confirm that Carson Wentz has a torn ACL, ending his season.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25256

Ya. Sad.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

It's sad be sure he's young but is anyone here surprised? The guy got beat up every week. I've only seen o e other QB take the constant beating he's taken week in and week out- Cam Newton, and even Cam missed a lot of time.

Philly owns this, they put him in terrible situations time and time again needlessly.

Foles is ok, but Wentz will never be the same and the Eagles will not be a 9-1 or 10-2 team with him ever again. They will scale it back and preserve him for a career versus one fluke season of success.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Eagles don't put him in bad situations at all - he puts his body at risk too much, plays backyard football. At least now he will learn to protect himself, you can't put your body at risk every play.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

That's a damn shame, Wentz was having a great season.. NFL is a contact sport and injuries do happen.. Next....

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    It's sad be sure he's young but is anyone here surprised? The guy got beat up every week. I've only seen o e other QB take the constant beating he's taken week in and week out- Cam Newton, and even Cam missed a lot of time.

Philly owns this, they put him in terrible situations time and time again needlessly.

Foles is ok, but Wentz will never be the same and the Eagles will not be a 9-1 or 10-2 team with him ever again. They will scale it back and preserve him for a career versus one fluke season of success.
    at least fatty is consistent with the utter garbage that comes from that half a brain he has.

Because no player has came back from a torn acl

your “most compete team in the nfc” looked good v the Chargers yest

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Is everyone walking around with a TORN ACL? Like the average Joe and we don't even know it?

The number of athletes tearing an ACL is mind boggling. WTF is going on?

I played in at least 20 tackle football games in my life (no pads)... probably more.... and the only thing I ever got was a severe ankle sprain in one game. How the fuk do you tear an ACL?

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Wentz and Watson

Luck Rodgers

Everyone that's good is hurt.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The Eagles don't put him in bad situations at all - he puts his body at risk too much, plays backyard football. At least now he will learn to protect himself, you can't put your body at risk every play.
    Jesus man are you ever right? About anything? This is borderline retarded logic here.

Blame this man. He’s got Blount and now Ajayi to run the ball but he calls QB runs in the Red Zone. Just asking for something like this to happen.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Jesus man are you ever right? About anything? This is borderline retarded logic here.

Blame this man. He’s got Blount and now Ajayi to run the ball but he calls QB runs in the Red Zone. Just asking for something like this to happen.
    I agree... play calling was questionable. Wentz plays like a Wild Man at times.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

I agree with the RB's this team has there's no need to have your QB running with basically 13 yards of field - with that being said, kids like 22-23 years old....I'm sure he felt he was superman

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Too bad
    Kid is a baller
    Eagles done now

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This never use to happen

Must be training wrong

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Is everyone walking around with a TORN ACL? Like the average Joe and we don't even know it?

The number of athletes tearing an ACL is mind boggling. WTF is going on?

I played in at least 20 tackle football games in my life (no pads)... probably more.... and the only thing I ever got was a severe ankle sprain in one game. How the fuk do you tear an ACL?
    I was thinking that to,seems to happen a lot.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 12-11-17 at 12:58 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yes it’s bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I was thinking to,seems to happen a lot.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Why more knees are getting blown out these days ^^ Players are bigger, stronger and faster..

For example - Wentz is what 240lbs? When have seen QB that big let's say 20 years ago? More players are bigger and running around so when they plant wrong or get hit low the knee folds easier.. I think in years past players will smaller and weighed less. You add an extra 40 pounds of muscle to your frame that's just more weight and pressure coming down on your knees...

Drydin
    Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
    Drydin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2266

A lot of players tackling low now due to Rule Changes. Don't want to be fined for Head to Head hits leading to more injuries to lower body.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

theres only one more injury that could happen that would make this season fitting but i wont dare say his name to jinx it

Jetsfan
    Update your status
    Jetsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10090

What do you mean he will never be the same? Brady tore his ACL in 2008.

leovegas
    leovegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

How many games has he won in the playoffs? How many has Foles won?

I am taking Eagles to win it all at a better price now.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave opie1988 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

Shots fired!

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Shots fired!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I guess when your team consist of felons and domestic abusers you need to find some happiness somewhere

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    I guess when your team consist of felons and domestic abusers you need to find some happiness somewhere
    Doesn't that apply to every NFL team?

NFL - National Felon League...

Can't let the inmates run the prison ...

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Huge difference getting hit by a big in shape guy going all out..big difference

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

He wasn't hurt on the hit, he was hurt planting before lunging into the end zone

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14055

Don’t worry Philly, so their great season was all for not. The Sixers will be good in 2-3 years.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Too bad
    Kid is a baller
    Eagles done now

Agreed, what a shame

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by sharpangles View Post
    jesus man are you ever right? About anything? This is borderline retarded logic here.

blame this man. He’s got blount and now ajayi to run the ball but he calls qb runs in the red zone. Just asking for something like this to happen.
    thank you!

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    He wasn't hurt on the hit, he was hurt planting before lunging into the end zone
    they gonna call Romo? this would be perfect spot for him, no?

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan View Post
    What do you mean he will never be the same? Brady tore his ACL in 2008.
    With all due respect Brady is a pure pocket passer who has admittedly taught himself to go down w the tackle. It is a mental and physical gift and testimony to him for giving up the temptation to run more in favor of throwing the ball away.

Wentz does not go down w the tackle. He is a beast, aggressive and a blunt instrument. His scrambling and his pocket awareness are reckless and dangerous and he is extremely vulernable without movement in the pocket or the run threat.

250 pound men do not come back from knee operations the same as 185 pound running backs. He might Bill up and have more arm strength but he just isn't an accurate pocket passer- sorry, and he is no longer a scrambler and now you've got the mental angle and a lost season wearing on his clear mindedness.

You cannot win football games passing 48 times per game and having your an scramble every play, taking headers, getting hit, etc. Run the damn ball, win by 3... Douggie Boy wants to run it up on everyone every week. It's reckless coaching.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

With all due respect Brady is a pure pocket passer who has admittedly taught himself to go down w the tackle. It is a mental and physical gift and testimony to him for giving up the temptation to run more in favor of throwing the ball away.

Wentz does not go down w the tackle. He is a beast, aggressive and a blunt instrument. His scrambling and his pocket awareness are reckless and dangerous and he is extremely vulernable without movement in the pocket or the run threat.

250 pound men do not come back from knee operations the same as 185 pound running backs. He might Bill up and have more arm strength but he just isn't an accurate pocket passer- sorry, and he is no longer a scrambler and now you've got the mental angle and a lost season wearing on his clear mindedness.

You cannot win football games passing 48 times per game and having your an scramble every play, taking headers, getting hit, etc. Run the damn ball, win by 3... Douggie Boy wants to run it up on everyone every week. It's reckless coaching.
    ”the redskins are the class of the NFC”

yeah fattys a real authority about the NFL

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

You're an idiot! It's an ACL not a death sentence! Brady tore an ACL, came back and threw 50 TD's the next year. In this day of modern medicine he'll heal up and be back as good as new. The guy can read NFL defenses, has a solid arm, and will be an MVP candidate for years to come. Roethlisberger took the same kind of beating, so did Elway, Montana and countless others. I've watched every game and he didn't take a beating every week. Terrible situations???? What like having a chance to win every week? Take your troll azz out to the highway and step in front of a truck asswipe!

12 Last