Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Just When You Think NFL Refs Couldn't Get Any Worse

Within a matter of 2 days they watch Gronk and Juju Shuster-Smith commit egregious fouls but don't toss either one out of the game. Why don't those morons know what everyone else in the stadium knows?! Those players should both have been ejected immediately.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Gronk yes, ju ju no.,one was a football play the other was a punk ass cheap shot.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

ju ju hit shouldnt even be a penalty. nfl is shit now.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

That was a long time coming for burfict after his numerous dirty hits over the years. Juju just became a hero in pitt

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

JuJu's hit is what football is all about. Best legal hit of the year. It was a thing of beauty.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

They get worse every year.

But MLB Umpires are worst in my opinion considering the fact there all allowed to make up their own rules (strike zones) as they go along.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

The hit was a football play. Standing over a prone injured player ain't cool (even if it's Burfict). They should just re-name the AFC North as the Ghetto League. Low-lifes everywhere.

BTW, did anyone else think Burfict might have embellished a bit. First he gets up to fight JuJu, then he needs to get carried off on a stretcher. I think he was playing up the victim card.......at the cost of his team losing. After the game he was in the Steelers locker room looking for trouble.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Gronk should’ve been ejected no doubt. Juju made a mistake and should be fined but ejection or 1 game suspension is ridiculous.

Forget the refs, how bad was the play by play last night? Sean McDunugh was coming off like the biggest pussy ever and Gruden was stroking him the whole time talking about how disgusting the hits were. Almost made me feel bad for enjoying the violence and old school feel of that game.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Gronk yes, ju ju no.,one was a football play the other was a punk ass cheap shot.
    Standing over the guy and taunting him was dirty,and very selfish at that.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Juju needs a raise after that hit

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Juju needs a raise after that hit
    Agree.

I never expected to see him lay that hit. It was Hines Ward-esque.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

With a Bengals and Steelers match,you always get this sort of crap.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

The game is all about thugs trying to knock each other out. Guys don't even give a shit about winning. Bengal dumbass yesterday was eyeing up a WR ready to drill him and got hit in the shoulder with the pass. Woulda been the easiest pick of his life, but he just wanted to lay a guy out. Unwatchable league.

Kermit

What comes around, goes around.

Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave Kermit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    ju ju hit shouldnt even be a penalty. nfl is shit now.
    Exactly,, why I wasn't even watching cause who knew a real football game would beak out. They think that dumb kneeling shit costing them fans they retarded, it the dog shit flag football product that has die bards like me disinterested.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Standing over the guy and taunting him was dirty,and very selfish at that.
    Not gonna argue that part of it but you don't get suspended for taunting. Flag yes, suspension no. Far as hit itself I want my guys to block, yes the helmet made contact but he planted his shoulder firmly in guys chest, used to be textbook although I know NFL now frowns upon such blocks, years ago that would have been the lead on next weeks "jacked up!"

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

didn't have a problem with the JUJU hit... the taunt was uncalled for though.. Gronk is an ass and should've been canned for 3 games. Only reason he's not being chastised worse is because, well you know.....

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    didn't have a problem with the JUJU hit... the taunt was uncalled for though.. Gronk is an ass and should've been canned for 3 games. Only reason he's not being chastised worse is because, well you know.....
    I really didn't care Gronk only got 1 until they started handing out game each to these guys for making football plays last night..to give the same panalty for that cheap shot bitch move as the other guys playing the game is straight up bogus. I rather other guys didn't lose a game then I'd be fine with one for Gronk, but I wouldn't have argued had he gotten more cause it was a bitch move.

Kermit

I'd really like to know what led up to that hit and taunt. Burfict left the game 2 separate times with an injury and came back both times. He had do something in that game that brought out JuJu's inner Hulk. Or maybe JuJu just wanted to get some team respect against a dirty player who the Steelers had a history with. I don't know.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I'd really like to know what led up to that hit and taunt. Burfict left the game 2 separate times with an injury and came back both times. He had do something in that game that brought out JuJu's inner Hulk. Or maybe JuJu just wanted to get some team respect against a dirty player who the Steelers had a history with. I don't know.
    I assumed it was the latter but who knows, doubt a game ever goes by burfict doesn't piss someone off.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

are you not familiar with the work of Vontez? guys cracked Antonio brown and a ton of other guys for years. I really don't have a problem with laying a hit on someone as long as its within the game... Gronks couldn't have been any more egregious.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

I really didn't care Gronk only got 1 until they started handing out game each to these guys for making football plays last night..to give the same panalty for that cheap shot bitch move as the other guys playing the game is straight up bogus. I rather other guys didn't lose a game then I'd be fine with one for Gronk, but I wouldn't have argued had he gotten more cause it was a bitch move.
    can't only give him one game there...what he did is beyond bush league. Guy is on the ground turned away near the fetal position and Gronk gets mad that the ref didn't throw a flag so thats what he does? gave the guy a concussion, had blood coming out of his mouth. Last time I checked, thats assault and battery, not football.

Kermit

are you not familiar with the work of Vontez? guys cracked Antonio brown and a ton of other guys for years.
    Yeah, I know. I mentioned that they had history with him. I was just wondering if something else happening in the game that maybe we didn't see that made the rookie lay him out like that.

Gronk's late hit was definitely uncalled for.

2daBank

Yea but my thinking is 1 game a lot, until they start giving guys same punishment for nothing As serious. You have a point, they gave zeke 6 for allegedly beating a girl, think Gronk prob deserves 3 in that context.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Yeah, I know. I mentioned that they had history with him. I was just wondering if something else happening in the game that maybe we didn't see that made the rookie lay him out like that.

Gronk's late hit was definitely uncalled for.
    why would you even play football if you dont want to lay someone out like that? i dont recall anyone saying "i cant wait to gently block that guy" when i played.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Juju committed suicide . You know damn well as men they will be out to end Brown's, Ben's or JuJu"s career. I know I would.

Kermit

why would you even play football if you dont want to lay someone out like that? i dont recall anyone saying "i cant wait to gently block that guy" when i played.
    Because the game has changed and guys are scared to get penalized for hitting. There were only a couple hard hits in the entire game yesterday and only a few all week.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Because the game has changed and guys are scared to get penalized for hitting. There were only a couple hard hits in the entire game yesterday and only a few all week.
    scared to get penalized? cincy set a record for penalty yards that game.

2daBank

Shit man they taking dudes checks for playing football, I'd be scared, they already get screwed compared to other sports in pay and bodily harm now league stealing their money back when dudes make plays!! Such garbage. Then we wonder why we see games where defender passes on making a stinking tackle!!! Cause he don't wanna lose a game check!!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Agree.

I never expected to see him lay that hit. It was Hines Ward-esque.

look at how Bell destroys #27

Kermit

Yeah, but the players are not going to get fined for them.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    There was another play where Bell steamrolled(I think) that same guy.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Shit man they taking dudes checks for playing football, I'd be scared, they already get screwed compared to other sports in pay and bodily harm now league stealing their money back when dudes make plays!! Such garbage. Then we wonder why we see games where defender passes on making a stinking tackle!!! Cause he don't wanna lose a game check!!
    most ppl have no self control especially during a fast paced football play. every week you see ppl getting suspended for fights over minor things like getting shoved or being blocked away from the play. they cant even stop from blocking ppl in the back that they chased all the way down the field during punts even if they arent in the play. its just instinctual for a lot of players.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Yeah, but the players are not going to get fined for them.
    players arent thinking things through during games. you think gronk was thinking it was worth 700k to cheapshot that guy because he got away with pass interference on the int when they already had the game won? gronk angry! gronk smash!

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Kirkpatrick got waxed the entire game.

12 Last