shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I know his team sucks now but in the beginning of the year he sucked with a solid defense and a good offense. When they got hurt he got worse which i understand. He has been overrated his whole career. Yeah yeah he won two super bowls just like Trent Dilfered won one. It amazing how the quarterbacks with great defenses get the credit for the Super Bowl wins. He has always been about a above average quarterback and that is it.
    They don't win either of those superbowls without him. Get your head checked. Guy threw for 5k yards and beat New England in New England, The superteam eagles in Philly and the swept the cowboys in 2011 ( a year they also had the 30th ranked pass defense). take your gasbag rhetoric somewhere else unless you have some numbers that prove the guy isn't one of the most clutch QB's to ever play.Beat the packers in Green Bay, and so forth. Find me another QB who could've taken that beating in the nfc championship game against the niners on the second SB run.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11728

Shocka makes some good points that are tough to argue with. He’s a lock for the Hall of Fame and I think he deserves it. I think he should retire but it will be interesting too see if he lands somewhere.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Eli was never a consistently good QB, he got hot and a bit lucky at the right time on both those SB runs. Compared to other QBs during similar years Rivers, Romo and Philips, Eli was noticeably worse. OB rating 94.8, 97.1, 94.8 Eli-83.8 Eli's completion % is at least 5% lower than all three. Eli has lead the league in INTs thrown 3 different times, his worst was 27 in one season, that's really bad. Eli's INT rate is significantly higher than all three. Phillips and Eli each have 334 TDs, but Eli has thrown 60 more picks.

If Eli makes the HOF, it's because he was in the right place at the right time, he was an above average QB, but not one of the greats.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    Eli was never a consistently good QB, he got hot and a bit lucky at the right time on both those SB runs. Compared to other QBs during similar years Rivers, Romo and Philips, Eli was noticeably worse. OB rating 94.8, 97.1, 94.8 Eli-83.8 Eli's completion % is at least 5% lower than all three. Eli has lead the league in INTs thrown 3 different times, his worst was 27 in one season, that's really bad. Eli's INT rate is significantly higher than all three. Phillips and Eli each have 334 TDs, but Eli has thrown 60 more picks.

If Eli makes the HOF, it's because he was in the right place at the right time, he was an above average QB, but not one of the greats.
    Please tell me you're just making this argument to either A. piss me off or B. to deflect that your argument is rather weak.

Lucky? the guy went into hostile environment and made crucial plays down the stretch CONSISTENTLY in the 4th qtr. Double digit deficits on the road and more 4th qtr game winning drives than anyone in that span while turning receivers who haven't been able to make rosters on any other team, 100 reception receivers in New York .. I think you're buying into the notion of "Classic Eli" shoulder shrug when the guy has been a winner. Rivers has spent his entire career down by a field goal with 2 minutes to go and threw 4th qtr ints in many spots, and don't get me started on Romo. Yes, Eli has led the league in int's a few times but what ill say to that is he hasn't had a good offensive line since 2008. If I'm not mistaken, one of the years he led the league in ints, more than 50% of them were tipped passes so I wouldn't fall in love with the raw stats because context plays a big part. If we're going to bypass for the tom bradys of the world when their division has been a joke the past 18 years, lets give the 2 time Super Bowl MVP a little credit here because he's had to overcome a lot and has done so with a ton of class...

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

watch geno sling it sunday

giants ML all day

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    They don't win either of those superbowls without him. Get your head checked. Guy threw for 5k yards and beat New England in New England, The superteam eagles in Philly and the swept the cowboys in 2011 ( a year they also had the 30th ranked pass defense). take your gasbag rhetoric somewhere else unless you have some numbers that prove the guy isn't one of the most clutch QB's to ever play.Beat the packers in Green Bay, and so forth. Find me another QB who could've taken that beating in the nfc championship game against the niners on the second SB run.
    I guarantee all those wins his team wasn’t being bet. Now that is way over your head so ask Lakerboy to explain it. If the NFL wants a certain guy to win they can make it happen. He has a big name and stays out of trouble. A good recipe for any quarterback. It is obviously u are a Eli nut hugger. Wouldn’t be surprised if u were related to him. Oh and what i mean is New Orleans won after a terrible catastrophe called Katrina. As Peyton made sure of it forgetting how to play in the second half. Astros win after their city gets washed away. Like i said this kind of stuff is over your head but don’t worry it is over most sports fans heads.

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15037

Best QB ever
    penetrate the haters
    penetrate Ben Mcadoo

No longer a Giants fan, sad day

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

I guarantee all those wins his team wasn’t being bet. Now that is way over your head so ask Lakerboy to explain it. If the NFL wants a certain guy to win they can make it happen. He has a big name and stays out of trouble. A good recipe for any quarterback. It is obviously u are a Eli nut hugger. Wouldn’t be surprised if u were related to him. Oh and what i mean is New Orleans won after a terrible catastrophe called Katrina. As Peyton made sure of it forgetting how to play in the second half. Astros win after their city gets washed away. Like i said this kind of stuff is over your head but don’t worry it is over most sports fans heads.
    Your side is pure conspiracy, you're aware of this correct? So you just look at every situation and say it was luck? Then call it a rig job if they actually produced? trying to understand what you're saying but it doesn't make much sense. Giants have an awful offensive line, no running back, and practice squad receivers. Just trying to say that Eli is a scapegoat here when he has no business being the fall guy, can still throw the ball the same way and has not lost arm strength and I hate to break it to everyone but you sound like clowns saying Manning has regressed when you all trashed him during his "prime" saying the defense won them the Super Bowl. Guy hasn't had an offensive line or running game in nearly 10 years. Look at that team in 2011, none of those guys could even make an NFL roster in any other organization. Not nut hugging, just using my eyes and brain which is what some struggle to do so they just say "Luck" "conspiracy" or "washed up"

PS, Saints won that Super Bowl because they took the ball out of Mannings hands every chance they got (onside kick to open the 2nd half, and it was 4 years after the hurricane so I'm not sure where you're going with that.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

I know his team sucks now but in the beginning of the year he sucked with a solid defense and a good offense. When they got hurt he got worse which i understand. He has been overrated his whole career. Yeah yeah he won two super bowls just like Trent Dilfered won one. It amazing how the quarterbacks with great defenses get the credit for the Super Bowl wins. He has always been about a above average quarterback and that is it.
    Wait a second... did this guy really just compare Eli Manning to Trent Dilfer?? LMAO.

First 12