JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Canadians do not fit well in LA

I say the kid does not like it

Best of luck
    JJ what the hell are you talking about?

Canadians love LA, there's a lot to do and see here compared to Canada.. The warm weather and beaches alone is something that is desirable for most Canadians that visit... I've never met a Canadian that had a bad time coming to LA especially if they live near the Vancouver area...

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I can assure you, I will have a great time. I have actually liked every single major city I have visited in the US.

Yes, there are areas that you need to steer clear of. Yes, take a wrong turn and you may fear for your life.

But who who are we kidding? The good parts are great. The people are friendlier than they are in Vancouver (I know Canadians are going to be pissed at me about this, but it’s true). The weather is clearly better.

Man, if the US started to actually produce good beer (Portland aside), you guys would be in great shape.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Coming from Palm Springs early Sunday. Game time is 1:15. Staying at the Westin Bonaventure. Will drop the car there and Uber from there.

What’s the word on places to hang out before/after the game? Should we stay in the stadium area or head back to the hotel area?

I dont know shit about LA. Anyone else done there want to meet up for a beer?
    Go to Julies which is across the street from the Coliseum. It is a landmark in Los Angeles. Any USC fan and most of the college fans in Los Angeles have been to Julies at least once. Julies is Tradition. John McKay had his own booth there and had it shipped to Tampa when he took the NFL job. Going to Julies is like going to a historical landmark with booze. When I went to USC, students got their classes, paid their tuition, and then immediately went to Julies. As long as you were going to USC, age was not a consideration. Going to a game at the Coliseum and not going to Julies if you have not been there is like going to a Notre Dame home game and not going to see Touchdown Jesus.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 11-22-17 at 07:24 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    My nef is pushing me to go but I haven't given him the green light yet. 50/50 chance as my nef is at USC .. I'll know on Thanksgiving day whether I'm going or not.. I got a busted toe that may hold me up, can't wear a shoe yet.. That's the main problem..
    If your nef is at USC, and does not know about Julies, he has a major problem.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Go to Julies which is across the street from the Coliseum. It is a landmark in Los Angeles. Any USC fan and most of the college fans in Los Angeles have been to Julies at least once. Julies is Tradition. John McKay had his own booth there and had it shipped to Tampa when he took the NFL job. Going to Julies is like going to a historical landmark with booze. When I went to USC, students got their classes, paid their tuition, and then immediately went to Julies. As long as you were going to USC, age was not a consideration. Going to a game at the Coliseum and not going to Julies if you have not been there is like going to a Notre Dame home game and not going to see Touchdown Jesus.
    Thanks dude, I will be there for sure then. Never heard of it, but that’s exactly the kind of place that I want to see.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

anybody that thinks LA is worse off than 20-30 years ago is a fuckking idiot that lives in a bubble.... crime is way down and most gangs are dead...old gang hoods are infested by hipsters...and like gaucho said don’t wear a SF hat and you’ll be good throughout LA.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most people cannot live in Calif

Too fukkin expensive

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

In the AC lounge, relaxing with a stiff Caesar (knowing I won’t get another one for four days).

Here we come!

jhilbert
    jhilbert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Flip-flops, dude ....

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Doesn't look like we are tailgating this week...might go to the museum with the family before the game. Have fun - make sure we get a full trip report. Overcast today so at least we won't be sweltering in the heat.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

THanks for the update.

We are at the hotel, drinking. Heading down there right away.

PM me at the game and I will find you and buy you a brew.

Cheers

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Coming from Palm Springs

First 12