jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Brady and manning didn't have arm talent, their strength is between the ears

Favre and rodgers have arm talent

Would you prefer dak over Andrew luck at this point? Luck has the arm talent, dak has what brady and manning had
    You dont think Brady and Manning's passes are on the money for the most part? Those guys place the ball where its needed, thats what I mean by arm talent, not referring to arm strength. I agree with Rodgers, prob the best arm Ive seen or next to it.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    You dont think Brady and Manning's passes are on the money for the most part? Those guys place the ball where its needed, thats what I mean by arm talent, not referring to arm strength. I agree with Rodgers, prob the best arm Ive seen or next to it.
    Well in that case no not rly, good but not great. Neither can throw accurately deep with touch like rodgers or greats like warren moon and Kurt warner. The short to intermediate routes? Yeah sure but so can Alex smith

Today's qb needs elusive ness in the pocket as a required trait in comparison to older generations. It is becoming mandatory to be successful. Look at russell wilson pioneering it. Dak has that

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10250

Dak not in the NFL Top 10 QB's.

He may be having an NFL sophomore slump but definitely is a quality QB.

Look around the league and see who started Sunday for Buffalo, Cleveland, Chicago, Green bay,
    Denver.
    And O.P. jumps on Presott.. That's pathetic.

Common man.
    All-Pro as a rookie

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Well in that case no not rly, good but not great. Neither can throw accurately deep with touch like rodgers or greats like warren moon and Kurt warner. The short to intermediate routes? Yeah sure but so can Alex smith

Today's qb needs elusive ness in the pocket as a required trait in comparison to older generations. It is becoming mandatory to be successful. Look at russell wilson pioneering it. Dak has that
    I dont mind a qb at all who'll run for a first down, many just dont have the speed. Starting to like Cousins more because he'll run for it after nobody is open. Brady and Manning just not fast enough I dont knock them for that though, thats just genes. Id like to see Wilson stand in the pocket and throw 30 passes though without running just to see what he looked like.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Will be out of the league within 5 years

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!
    PeterJohnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    The offensive line was not really regarded as elite heading into the season and was only receiving mediocre grades through the first half of the season. Losing Tyron Smith the last 2 weeks has clearly hurt a lot. I think the jury is still out on Dak. He certainly has potential and I don’t see anything stopping him from developing into an elite QB. He’s not there yet though. Time will tell.
    Fox the were considered the best in NFL coming into the season lol.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I dont mind a qb at all who'll run for a first down, many just dont have the speed. Starting to like Cousins more because he'll run for it after nobody is open. Brady and Manning just not fast enough I dont knock them for that though, thats just genes. Id like to see Wilson stand in the pocket and throw 30 passes though without running just to see what he looked like.
    They have computer like brains that process the information put in front of them at lightning speeds. athletism nice, this day and age where qbs get thrown out there before learning to read NFL defenses it a must so they able to buy little more time. Given the choice of one or the other I'll take the ones with lightening fast ability to go thru progressions and understand where defenders will be before they get there.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Brady and manning didn't have arm talent, their strength is between the ears

Favre and rodgers have arm talent

Would you prefer dak over Andrew luck at this point? Luck has the arm talent, dak has what brady and manning had
    If you told me luck was gonna fully recover back to what he was athletically it not even debatable, give me and every gm in league luck.

I agree about the arm talent, hell his Denver days I called Peyton "noodle arm" , obviously it was better before all the surgeries but never super elite. Accuracy, ability to process information, and anticipation what makes manning and Brady elite. What I disagree with is you saying dak has that and luck doesn't. The reason luck was most touted kid out of college in forever was he has the elite arm talent, athleticism, and by all accounts shown he capable of being the same type field general. I don't think dak has any more information processing ability than luck and he certainly not on level of the all timers. That something that takes years and years to master.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Not in my book, I have him rated very lowly to begin with

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I'm a diehard Cowboy fan and season ticket holder.

I wish it wasn't so but this team has problems and Dak is a big one. He can't/won't throw downfield and has gravitated to being captain checkdown/game manager, thus generally no picks. He doesn't find open receivers often, has become less accurate with more pressure and has been exposed without Zeke. If any of you watch the full 22 tapes it's very easy to see.

Teams have tape on him and are stacking the box, daring him to beat them, and he can't do it. Opponents only need cover 20 yards of the field. He can't get on the same page as Dez and the 2 minute drill with Dak is a joke.

He is a very good player, and all of these things will improve with more experience, but a year ago this team made a huge mistake when they ditched Romo. The 10-1 or whatever start last year was much more about the line and Zeke, and opening up the play action than Dak's skills. Like Romo or not, this team was built for him and he had a couple more great years left, if he could stay healthy of course, which was a big if.
    Last edited by KKoz9; 11-20-17 at 04:11 PM.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

you cant cover receivers anymore

300, 400, 500 yards passing the norm now

cant compare game today to even 10 years ago

cant compare daks 1st year stats to brady's stats, completely different rules, today makes it so easy everyone has 300 yard passing games

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!
    PeterJohnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post

I wish it wasn't so but this team has problems and Dak is a big one. He can't/won't throw downfield and has gravitated to being captain checkdown/game manager, thus generally no picks. He doesn't find open receivers often, has become less accurate with more pressure and has been exposed without Zeke. If any of you watch the full 22 tapes it's very easy to see.

Teams have tape on him and are stacking the box, daring him to beat them, and he can't do it. Opponents only need cover 20 yards of the field. He can't get on the same page as Dez and the 2 minute drill with Dak is a joke.

He is a very good player, and all of these things will improve with more experience, but a year ago this team made a huge mistake when they ditched Romo. The 10-1 or whatever start last year was much more about the line and Zeke, and opening up the play action than Dak's skills. Like Romo or not, this team was built for him and he had a couple more great years left, if he could stay healthy of course, which was a big if.
    I agree with almost everything in this expect for the fact is yea they lost Zeke but thats not an excuse there bad play, Morris is avg 5 yards per touch last 2 games but they are relying on Dak way to much when they dont have to they "think" they do... Dak simply aint as good this year as last, they have no secondary and there O-Line is terrible that's why there not a good football team this yeae Zeke or no Zeke they probably wernt making playoffs anyway.. This shouldnt be a big suprise being its his 2nd year a lot of tape this is the NFL and they pick your game to pieces with film.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    If you told me luck was gonna fully recover back to what he was athletically it not even debatable, give me and every gm in league luck.

I agree about the arm talent, hell his Denver days I called Peyton "noodle arm" , obviously it was better before all the surgeries but never super elite. Accuracy, ability to process information, and anticipation what makes manning and Brady elite. What I disagree with is you saying dak has that and luck doesn't. The reason luck was most touted kid out of college in forever was he has the elite arm talent, athleticism, and by all accounts shown he capable of being the same type field general. I don't think dak has any more information processing ability than luck and he certainly not on level of the all timers. That something that takes years and years to master.
    I think luck has it, bank. He's a purebred pedigree with the nicest throw I've seen since rodgers. It's bc of that once in a generation talent his will gets overlooked.

Whereas dak has nothing but the will

eswerve4
    eswerve4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3821

Dak is gonna be a stud, so obvious and easy to see
    Definitely needs help but I don’t know about being a stud. He’s top 12 q.v. though

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Zeke got robbed of ROY

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

ttwarrior is a really big fan of big dak......

Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    Name 10 QBs in the league that you would take over Dak right now....
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Big Ben
    Brady
    Wentz
    Rivers
    Newton
    Cousins
    Carr
    Ryan

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post

And Dak's 3 game line - 475 yds, 0 TD, 5 INT, 4 FUMBLE

speaks for itself

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

Quote Originally Posted by iceman02 View Post
    Shame on those who thought he was a great qb because he has a elite line and a beast RB.
    This times 1,000.

They were stupid to bench Romo last year (after he got healthy) in favor of Prescott. Dak is being exposed for what he is now that he doesn't have an elite RB behind him and the line has a couple injuries.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    People forget though Brady was not a good statistical QB until 2007, he was just a winner. His first 7 years in the league he never had a QBR over 92.6 and was a middle of the road fantasy QB.
    It sounds crazy to say this since it was only 10 years ago, but it was a different league back then. Passing stats have exploded in the past decade or so as they continually tighten the rules for defenses.

BriGuy

What's changed?
    There have been several rules changes (and rules "emphasis") since Manning and Brady came into the league which make it tougher for defenders to cover receivers.

Seriously.... just look at QB stats from pre 2005 compared to today. It's ridiculous.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Alfred Morris had a better average yards per carry in the last 3 games than Elliot did in the first 8 games.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by Yazworm91 View Post
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Big Ben
    Brady
    Wentz
    Rivers
    Newton
    Cousins
    Carr
    Ryan

Desean Watson for sure.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Are you serious? Go look at totals from those guys early years compared to now. This season might be little lower than last few on average because of all the horrid qb play going on at the moment. I've seen enough of your post to know logic isn't gonna sway your opinion but fact is the way game being played even 15 years ago more favorable to qbs, when those guys came in it was right at beginning of the offensive revolution. What you saying doesn't hold water, you can find outlier years from greats going back to Morino, the fact they put up monster numbers doesn't mean it was just as easy to do so, it speaks to those select fews greatness. Dak not a all timer and never will be. He a nice qb not a legend.
    This. QBing is way different today compared to back then.

There have been 9 5,000 yards season. 8 of them took place since 2008. (Marino is the only one with a 5,000 year season prior to 2008). 4,000 yards used to be a big deal but now 5,000 is the new 4,000.

Right now, 22 of the top 25 passing yards by season have taken place since 2007. TD:INT ratios have gone sky high compared to where they used to be. 20 years ago, 2 was an incredible TD:INT ratio. Even Marino, Favre and Montana fell short of that ratio. But today? Brady is at 3. Rodgers is at 4.

First 12