Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14577

Saturday CFL: Toronto Argonauts vs. Hamilton Tiger Cats, Leans, Discussion, Plays

Toronto/Hamilton matchup thoughts so far in 'leans and discussion' talk. It seems so far that Toronto might be the play as Hamilton is supposed to be useless this year.

It's confusing though because I've also heard the cliche around that the CFL is so full of parity that any team can beat any other given team on any occasion etc.

So, let's update the discussion in time for potentially putting some action down on today's game.

Checkerboard

Toronto currently -4.5 total 43.5

Looking at dog play on cats + points.

Game time 7 p.m. EST.

Checkerboard

Cris has -5 and 44.5 at the moment . . .

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Toronto is the better play here but I'm staying away. These 2 offenses are both so inept that this game could turn into a 15-12 type of laugher. One of those games that its almost a shame someone has to win because neither team deserves it.

But if I were to play it, Toronto has the more veteran defense and should hold down the mostly disjointed Hamilton offense. The Tabbies defense on the other hand has a lot of talent but too many rookies starting to be able to play consistently at this point. I think Hamilton has 23 rookies on their 46 man roster this year plus all new GM and coaching staff. This is basically like an expansion team.

The only thing going for Hamilton is that this is their home opener against their oldest rival so there should be a good crowd on hand and Hamilton crowds are nasty.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36785

Under looks like the play to me. As i stated before, when teams have a chance to prepare for Micheal Bishop he tends to struggle enourmously. With that in mind I can't see the Argos putting up huge numbers offensively. Hamilton is just plain inept on offense, and the Argos defense is pretty solid. For this game to go over the defense and special teams will have to put up more than it's share of points. Anyway, that's my opinion on this game, gl to all.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Hamilton +4.5 is my play

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by zootiehead View Post
    Hamilton +4.5 is my play
    that's the way I would have played it if I hadn't decided to lay off altogether. I'll be rootin' for ya though zootiehead.

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Wow Hamilton is even worse than I thought. They don't even have a rumor of an offense. 2 games now and no touchdowns. Pathetic.