JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Should the Chargers get rid of Philip Rivers?

10 years with the same team and no championship titles.

Usually after 10 years, if nothing happened, it's time to go back to the drawing board.

kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 497

It's not him, their coaching and their fans are suck!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Rams are LA's team right now.. Chargers and Rivers who?

The Chargers crazy loss to the Jags should have never happened.. That Charger team is good but cursed.. I watched that entire game and the Chargers should have won it.. Rivers was playing good.. Rivers would be great on a team like the Denver Broncos right now though....

kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 497

First 3 games lost because of a kicker named Young Hoe...lol, remember? So it's not the Chargers, it's all about the damn coach who gave that YoungHoe 3 chances and said shit like *we believe in that young man, he came here with no English and he overcome that, so he will overcome this madness and kick well*, lol they fired that young hoe on the 4th game.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

its their coach. idiotic play calls. they think running the ball can only win football games

Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

I'm always fascinated how many people defend this guy. Never his fault, bad line play, bad receivers, etc. Without looking it up this bum has to be top five all time in picks fourth quarter or ot.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    its their coach. idiotic play calls. they think running the ball can only win football games
    Theyve got something good brewing in defense

AshinKusher
    AshinKusher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Coaching change really changed the tempo of the charger offense. All D. Rivers still good to go for years, but time to draft QB next year or two if someone good is available.

Stick with the vet but draft a qb to let him know it's almost the end, hopefully spark him

AshinKusher
    AshinKusher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Gates will retire before rivers leaves the chargers

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

i've never seen a team lose games like the chargers do, last year was the same always one possession games 4th qtr and find a crazy way to lose, philip rivers is 35 years old and prob has 2 or 3 good years left so prob wouldn't hurt for the chargers to draft somebody and groom them to take over when rivers is done

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

They do have to look towards the future. Probably a good draft to snag a QB. Better than wasting picks on WRs, and RBs.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

The Chargers are snake bit. Rivers is usually the reason they have a chance to win late and also why they don't win late. When Rivers doesn't blow it late the kick will

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

This team can find any possible way to lose a game , it's unbelievable.
    They have some talent , defense will get better but the coaching + dumbass penalties , it'll do any team in .
    Bosa trying his talent at the WWE with his version of a QB hip toss on the QB on 3rd down out of FG range, what good does that do ? I mean you're watching the game , at least I was asking , WTF would you even think about doing that for ?
    I just turned to another game, you knew it was over even with it not being . That's the Chargers .
    I expect Rivers to absolutely lose it on the sidelines with how they're giving games away before long .

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

yes

its over

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    This team can find any possible way to lose a game , it's unbelievable.
    They have some talent , defense will get better but the coaching + dumbass penalties , it'll do any team in .
    Bosa trying his talent at the WWE with his version of a QB hip toss on the QB on 3rd down out of FG range, what good does that do ? I mean you're watching the game , at least I was asking , WTF would you even think about doing that for ?
    I just turned to another game, you knew it was over even with it not being . That's the Chargers .
    I expect Rivers to absolutely lose it on the sidelines with how they're giving games away before long .
    That about sums up these Chargers.. Agreed...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

And replace him with who? It really easy to say get rid of a guy but give me the list of available qbs who are better?

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I have a feeling River's calls it quits in next season or 2. Chargers are dead 2 right in LA. They need some magic to happen or they will be playing in a real empty stadium when they move in with the Rams.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

only 2-3 yrs left in him

will retire a Charger

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Rivers really is only as good as his offensive line can protect him.. Guy has to be the slowest running QB in the league.. I think even Payton Manning today could beat Phillip Rivers in a 50 yard dash...

ridgeway
    ridgeway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6205

He has a few more decent years left.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    I have a feeling River's calls it quits in next season or 2. Chargers are dead 2 right in LA. They need some magic to happen or they will be playing in a real empty stadium when they move in with the Rams.
    Oh is that what going on, they gonna share a stadium w rams once the new one is complete? I knew the soccer stadium was temporary, didn't know what the plans were. They shouldn't have moved them, beyond stupid to move away from sd fan base that supported them.

2daBank

Read he in concussion protocol right now, strange he never left last game w a concussion!! Probably tough for him to pass the test cause he kinda dumb anyways!! Lol

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

He's not retiring anytime soon. Guy competes. Funny- both he and Eli gonna be on new teams next year!

Denver could use one w that D
    Buffalo maybe

I could see one winding up in NE as a backup to finish out career.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    He's not retiring anytime soon. Guy competes. Funny- both he and Eli gonna be on new teams next year!

Denver could use one w that D
    Buffalo maybe

I could see one winding up in NE as a backup to finish out career.
    No shot either of those guys end up in NE.

Rivers time has passed. Through the different coaching staffs he has remained a constant. He loses regardless of who is coaching the team. He throws dumb passes regardless who is coaching the team.

MinnesotaFats

Well look, Belichek clearly signaled he is leaving when Brady leaves. Trading 2 promising QBs tells you that.

They need a back up.

Why wouldn't one of these guys, especially Rivers, want to hold a clipboard for 3 years and get a ring?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Well look, Belichek clearly signaled he is leaving when Brady leaves. Trading 2 promising QBs tells you that.

They need a back up.

Why wouldn't one of these guys, especially Rivers, want to hold a clipboard for 3 years and get a ring?
    They already signed Hoyer for 3 years to be the backup. Pats will draft project qbs the next few seasons. No shot Rivers or Manning sign anywhere to play backup qb.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    They already signed Hoyer for 3 years to be the backup. Pats will draft project qbs the next few seasons. No shot Rivers or Manning sign anywhere to play backup qb.
    Not only do I agree 100% neither signing up to be a backup anywhere (what qb with the type of careers they have had ever done that? None I can think of!). I honestly don't think pats would even want them! Lol

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

I think Rivers is just good enough to break your heart.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Not only do I agree 100% neither signing up to be a backup anywhere (what qb with the type of careers they have had ever done that? None I can think of!). I honestly don't think pats would even want them! Lol
    Trent Dilfer, Doug Flutie, Randal Cunningham, Kurt Warner, Jim McMahon, Vince Evans, Dave Kreig, Warren Moon, Brad Johnson, Kerry Collins, Testeverde...

Lots of guys hung around to back up, granted money was different last 20 years

2daBank

Trent Dilfer, Doug Flutie, Randal Cunningham, Kurt Warner, Jim McMahon, Vince Evans, Dave Kreig, Warren Moon, Brad Johnson...

Lots of guys hung around to back up, granted money was different last 20 years
    With exception of moon and warner the rest weren't exactly franchise qbs their whole careers. I don't recall moon's circumstances but warner was a unique case for several reasons. 1st off he didn't even break into the league till very late. He had took a beating playing in Mike Martz system that basically allowed qb to get drilled every time he dropped back. dont believe he was signing on to be a backup for long was just needing opportunity and wasn't that like year they drafted Eli and he was getting a chance to start till Eli was ready? My memory not the greatest sometimes, lol.

Suppose I was little quick when reading list Cunningham was pretty much franchise guy for long stretch I believe. Don't remember his circumstances either tho.
    Last edited by 2daBank; 11-14-17 at 04:21 PM.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

With all this losing, draft a number 1 QB.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

The organization never was serious about assembling a team to win the Super Bowl.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    The organization never was serious about assembling a team to win the Super Bowl.
    they actually have a pretty talented roster. They about the dumbest team tho, always making boneheaded plays that inevitably cost them games. Doesn't take much considering they have lost more 1 possession games than any team the last 3 years I believe. Don't like their coaching staff either.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    they actually have a pretty talented roster. They about the dumbest team tho, always making boneheaded plays that inevitably cost them games. Doesn't take much considering they have lost more 1 possession games than any team the last 3 years I believe. Don't like their coaching staff either.
    They're a bad organization. They've had some good teams over the years, but instead of bringing in the pieces they needed to put them over the top, they chose to pinch pennies and stand pat thinking the fan support would last. Well, that idea backfired, and they squandered the career of one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post

and they squandered the career of one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

Dan Fouts ?