Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Deshaun Watson is a Fkn problem!

This kid is the real deal. His fooball IQ is off the charts and his athletic ability is going to give NFL defenses fits. Something clicked last week against NE. The light bulb came on for him and he's reading defenses like a seasoned pro. You have to start looking at the Texans over in games. He's going to put up a lot of points for this team.

Damn he's good. I have no idea why other teams didn't get this kid.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

His Wunderlic was like an 8. He is football smart tho and works hard. that’s all that matters

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He will be fine

Needs to win today

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

good start to career on a team thats struggled to have stability at QB

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

3 games in I agree....but once the film is out on him and patterns develop in his decision making, he'll get a real test.

It is interesting that teams passed but then again we are seeing a new trend in teams winning w average QBs....

Manning, Manning, Daulton, Bradford, Tannenhill, Flacco.....qb play first have to be elite anymore if you can run a little and play D. Teams leery of giving 25% of payroll to one guy anymore. Easier to stack D and get 2cd or 3rd round QB or guy off street to lead team to playoffs.

RG3 had a hot start to career too...

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    His Wunderlic was like an 8. He is football smart tho and works hard. that’s all that matters
    Dane - his Wonderlic was a 20. The same as David Carr, Teddy Bridgewater, Jake Locker, Cody Pickett, Tyler Wilson, Casey Clausen, Michael Vick, among many others. Wonderlic is as good as gauging future success as the SAT's. Pretty much worthless, because it can never measure heart.

http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

Now Greg Mcelroy and Ryan Fitzpatrick both scored 48's. That worked real well.
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 10-01-17 at 12:52 PM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

I judge black qb's in year 2 even though I like him this kid he is looking to run too often.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    3 games in I agree....but once the film is out on him and patterns develop in his decision making, he'll get a real test.
    It is interesting that teams passed but then again we are seeing a new trend in teams winning w average QBs....
    Manning, Manning, Daulton, Bradford, Tannenhill, Flacco.....qb play first have to be elite anymore if you can run a little and play D. Teams leery of giving 25% of payroll to one guy anymore. Easier to stack D and get 2cd or 3rd round QB or guy off street to lead team to playoffs.
    RG3 had a hot start to career too...
    I knew from the very beginning that RG3 was a fluke that was not sustainable. Watson's game is much, much different. He's not a run first QB either. He seems to always make the right progression. Plus, he is an adaptable QB, which I haven't seen in a long, long time. He's thinking out there like Tom Brady. 3 straight drives, 3 straight TDs and they are driving again here in the redzone. This guy is a surgeon out there, granted the running game is helping him but this is not an elite Texans offense.

jjgold

He should be good same as Dallas QB

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I judge black qb's in year 2 even though I like him this kid he is looking to run too often.
    Not at all Laker. Have you been watching him play?

Texans first drive out of 4 stalls because of holding penalty. FG. 24 points in 1.5 quarters...

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

houston is just a powerhouse in divisional games.. (week 1 being the exception)

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Dane - his Wonderlic was a 20. The same as David Carr, Teddy Bridgewater, Jake Locker, Cody Pickett, Tyler Wilson, Casey Clausen, Michael Vick, among many others. Wonderlic is as good as gauging future success as the SAT's. Pretty much worthless, because it can never measure heart.

http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

Now Greg Mcelroy and Ryan Fitzpatrick both scored 48's. That worked real well.

Thats not exactly a group of Quarterbacks I’d want to be in

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Yes, he'll be making me easy money for at least a decade. I guess I understood why Titans were favored but Watson is one of those qbs you dont want to bet against, already. Couple that with playing in that noisy arena, a few more pieces and they will prob be a perennial playoff team.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Not at all Laker. Have you been watching him play?

Texans first drive out of 4 stalls because of holding penalty. FG. 24 points in 1.5 quarters...
    I like him Mac he will be good but he thinks of 🏃. He isn't yet a pocket Passer.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

This kid is the real deal. His fooball IQ is off the charts and his athletic ability is going to give NFL defenses fits. Something clicked last week against NE. The light bulb came on for him and he's reading defenses like a seasoned pro. You have to start looking at the Texans over in games. He's going to put up a lot of points for this team.

Damn he's good. I have no idea why other teams didn't get this kid.

if findin' somebody real is your f'n problem, bring your bitch to the Donk and I can solve it.....

I be fukkin' broads like I be fukkin' bored, turn a dyke bitch out have her fukkin' boys............

jtoler

Did you not see his career at Clemson, he is definitely a pocket passer, he didnt go 4th overall because of his legs. He threw 33 passes last week against the Pats for 301 yards, ran 8 times. You only have a few seconds to stand in nfl pocket, if guys are covered and there's daylight, having legs and running is a good thing, you just dont want him to get hurt is all.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave jtoler 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Thats not exactly a group of Quarterbacks I’d want to be in
    So Jamarcus Russell has a better Wonderlic than Brett Favre and Dan Marino, so he should have been a better QB??? There's always anomalies. Some of these guys don't even give a shit about that test. They don't prepare and just go in and wing it.

Ben Roethlisberger, Miami (Ohio) 25
    Dak Prescott, Mississippi State 25
    Brock Osweiler, Colorado State 25
    Robert Griffin III, Baylor 24
    Geno Smith, West Virginia 24
    JaMarcus Russell, LSU 24
    Bret Favre, Southern Miss 22
    Tim Tebow, Florida 22
    Tim Couch, Kentucky 22
    AJ McCarron, Alabama 22
    Cam Newton, Auburn 21
    Derek Carr, Fresno State 20
    Jake Locker, Washington 20
    Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville 20
    Mike Vick, Virginia Tech 20
    Terry Bradshaw, Louisiana Tech 16
    Heath Shuler, Tennessee 16
    Dan Marino, Pittsburgh 16
    Donovan McNabb, Syracuse 15
    Jim Kelly, Miami 15

Mac4Lyfe

And on Cue, they score another TD. 30 points in the first fukkin half. This guy is a fukkin machine out there. And they're about to score again. My God.

Mac4Lyfe

OMG - another strike to get in the Redzone. This shit is like a Playstation game.

Mac4Lyfe

He just threw an interception. Bad decision there. Just take the FG and not try a tough pass across your body.

Got greedy.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    if findin' somebody real is your f'n problem, bring your bitch to the Donk and I can solve it.....
    I be fukkin' broads like I be fukkin' bored, turn a dyke bitch out have her fukkin' boys............
    Donk - this city is about to be rocking like Atlanta was rocking when Michael Vick was balling. This kid is must see.

Mac4Lyfe

I just hammered this. I hope it's not a trap.

Football - 260 Houston Texans team total over 10 -135 for 2nd Half

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Donk - this city is about to be rocking like Atlanta was rocking when Michael Vick was balling. This kid is must see.
    agreed... we may have to get our wives up for some tickets and a game somewhere down the line this season....

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Just a great kid all around

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    agreed... we may have to get our wives up for some tickets and a game somewhere down the line this season....
    Tickets about to be a lot harder to get now. This kid is exciting to watch. The Titans can't stop him. Only his offensive line is killing him with dumb mistakes.

Mac4Lyfe

WTF offensive line. Stop sucking you dumb asses. Keep going backwards.

Yet, he stills delivers an awesome strike. Are you kidding me? This kid is incredible. He is a FUKKIN problem folks.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

DeShaun Watson has officially cemented Tom Savage's bench career.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    DeShaun Watson has officially cemented Tom Savage's bench career.
    and saved Bill O'brien's ass.

Watson is a good kid. He gave his first game check to 3 cafeteria workers in Houston. He understands what it's like being displaced as his family was when he was young. Years ago, Warrick Dunn and habitat for Humanity gave Watson's family a home and now he's paying it forward. The Texans have a lot of guys that are very active in the community. Good to see.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

So Jamarcus Russell has a better Wonderlic than Brett Favre and Dan Marino, so he should have been a better QB??? There's always anomalies. Some of these guys don't even give a shit about that test. They don't prepare and just go in and wing it.

Ben Roethlisberger, Miami (Ohio) 25
    Dak Prescott, Mississippi State 25
    Brock Osweiler, Colorado State 25
    Robert Griffin III, Baylor 24
    Geno Smith, West Virginia 24
    JaMarcus Russell, LSU 24
    Bret Favre, Southern Miss 22
    Tim Tebow, Florida 22
    Tim Couch, Kentucky 22
    AJ McCarron, Alabama 22
    Cam Newton, Auburn 21
    Derek Carr, Fresno State 20
    Jake Locker, Washington 20
    Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville 20
    Mike Vick, Virginia Tech 20
    Terry Bradshaw, Louisiana Tech 16
    Heath Shuler, Tennessee 16
    Dan Marino, Pittsburgh 16
    Donovan McNabb, Syracuse 15
    Jim Kelly, Miami 15

Bradshaw the only one there under 20 to win a super bowl...maybe ever. Mcnabb, Kelly, Marino all timers but there obviously hasn’t been many who have scored low. Not trying to to indict the kid, I think him, just answering why he may have not been taken early.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Watson = ATM

Mac4Lyfe

Bradshaw the only one there under 20 to win a super bowl...maybe ever. Mcnabb, Kelly, Marino all timers but there obviously hasn’t been many who have scored low. Not trying to to indict the kid, I think him, just answering why he may have not been taken early.
    Oh, I agree with your assessment. History has shown that most Superbowl winning QB's had high Wonderlic scores. Actually very high compared to the public. Higher than top executives, systems analyst and engineers. But, I think that's because a lot of QB's in the past were coaches or players kids who learn early how to process information. They've been around smart people and know that education is first. That maybe changing as colleges are going with more athleticism, which might also mean less brain power. I do think there's a huge difference in Football IQ than general IQ. QB's have to be able to process a lot of information but it is very focused information.

Watson with another TD. That's 5 TD's on the day.

Mac4Lyfe

5 TD's ties a rookie record and I don't think he's done. The Titan's cannot stop this man. Only his OLine has stopped him today.

jjgold

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for him

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good for him
    Texans have scored 54 points today and there's still 8:31 minutes to go. OMG!!!

That last score was a pick 6 but the offense has given the defense life too.

jtoler

I just hammered this. I hope it's not a trap.

Football - 260 Houston Texans team total over 10 -135 for 2nd Half
    Lol played the over 23.5 myself and was wondering late 3rd if itd get there, no help from the Titans, Texans put up 24 already by themselves.

12 Last