What's up everyone...

I'm new to the site and online forums, but I figured I better find some people to start discussing my research and ideas with. I recently read a book by William Hall I think is the authors name but I don't have the book or remember it for sure, but the book is called Get In And Win. The system allows you to calculate 2 different spreads, one using a power ranking type system with calculated values at each ranking and then making weekly adjustments based on how much the team won or lost by the amount over or under the spread. This method is not as useful, but definitely helps when it is used along with the second method which uses rushing and passing stats as well as takeaway and giveaway stats and multiplies these stats by a given factor value that was calculated by the author and spits out a predicted score. After using it for a couple weeks, I've found it is super helpful but not quite as good as it could be.

So I'm re-learning how to use regression to figure out how much influence a certain variable has on a dependent variable, i.e. winning or losing a game. If anyone does work like this, I'd love to get in touch and pick your brain as well as discuss some ideas that I have on which factors I'd like to test out to see how they influence winning and losing.

I concentrate mostly on NFL and College FB, with a little bit of baseball (definitely playoff baseball). I hate betting the NBA but will do it systemically. I'm excited to talk with other like-minded sports bettors so please feel free to message me or reply on here any time!

"Plan to bet and bet your plan"