Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

What is the identity of the Oakland Raiders? What's wrong with this team?

I don't understand what is wrong with this team. You bring in Marshawn Lynch who looks like he hasn't lost a step, and then you give him like 12 carries a game. I've seen the Raiders go 5 wide no back on the 2 yard line on first down.

We all know that for Lynch to be effective he needs to wear down the D and steal their will to play. He needs to deliver punishment. We knew that's how Seattle used him. You'd often see Lynch in his prime Seattle days average 3 yards a carry until the 4th quarter, and then he'd start ripping 10 yard runs like nothing.

Then you have Amare Cooper and Crabtree and Carr who want to be this high flying, up-tempo passing offense.

I don't get what the Raiders identity is. What are teams scared of when they go in to play Oakland? The defense isn't good but it's just as good as last year, and they basically just added Lynch and kept the same team and have regressed dramatically.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Carr = Fragile Fuk

He's not an amazing leader. Just an avg QB.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Carr = Fragile Fuk

He's not an amazing leader. Just an avg QB.
    I think he's pretty solid, but regardless, I just don't get who the Raiders are.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

one word

PARITY

20 Teams will be alive with 3 weeks left for playoffs

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

They suck, or are cursed. Should be better, but some shit always has to happen. Never should have signed Lynch. Rather have kept Murray. We had some cohesiveness. Now they kneel, and worry about stupid shit. Guys got paid, and said fck it.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Garbage coaching

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Overachieved last year on a weak schedule. Long way to go though.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

The raiders are just being the raiders, there is nothing wrong with them. Unless you actually thought their QB was going to continue to play off his ass for his whole career.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave unde0087 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jm8122
    jm8122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11909

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Garbage coaching
    Both the OC and DC must go otherwise this team goes no where, horrible play calling on offense time after time Ive seen and defense sucks besides Mack

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

no heart

started believing the hype

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Only game all season I've seen opposing players help each other up and pat each other's helmet's after almost EVERY play....zero will to win or heart....if they get the W great....if not...great.....the OC is also overthinking himself out of a job....
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    no heart

started believing the hype

Goat Milk

No one has answered the question

What is the identity of the Oakland Raiders?

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

9-7

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

8-8 team with holes all over but some great players..

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

The defense is a joke. How do you not succesfully scheme around khalil mack, one of the best defensive players in the league?

A bunch of average Joe try hards would be better than the bums on defense

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Only game all season I've seen opposing players help each other up and pat each other's helmet's after almost EVERY play....zero will to win or heart....if they get the W great....if not...great.....the OC is also overthinking himself out of a job....
    fukk em, I'm enjoying the train wreck

knew they weren't nearly as good as they fared last season

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Team was overrated to begin with.

5 of their wins last year came one of the final 6 plays of the game. No-one goes 5-0 in those scenarios.

That team started 2-2 and finished 2-2 and that's just who they are, a .500 team that got a few good breaks in 2016 while recklessly throwing the ball around.

Del Rio is coaching like he has a 10-6 Team, he doesnt, he has a scrappy 8-8 team that plays better when it has nothing to lose....

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

5 of their wins last year came one of the final 6 plays of the game. No-one goes 5-0 in those scenarios.

That team started 2-2 and finished 2-2 and that's just who they are, a .500 team that got a few good breaks in 2016 while recklessly throwing the ball around.

Del Rio is coaching like he has a 10-6 Team, he doesnt, he has a scrappy 8-8 team that plays better when it has nothing to lose....
    100% accurate. You took the words right out of my mouth. Extreme positive variance in their favor last year

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

lynch hasnt lost a step

thats rich

maybe he should cycle back on like he did in seattle, isnt that why he took a year off ?

JAKEPEAVY21

agree with everything except that they are a scrappy team

CWD
    Update your status

they had the look of serious contender up to the carr injury last year

media pretty much crowned them # 2 in afc going into this season based on that

i think everyone knew they werent going to live up to that, not sure anyone is really surprised right now they look like shit

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    lynch hasnt lost a step

thats rich

maybe he should cycle back on like he did in seattle, isnt that why he took a year off ?
    I think he's second in the NFL in broken tackles and 2nd to worst or some shit in yards before contact?

Seems like classic Lynch to me.

O line is highest paid in history?

Raiders identity needs to be power scheme offense and using more play action for Cooper and Crabtree. Not shotgun 4 wr with Carr. Raiders identity is bully ball. That's what they need to do. The D is bad and the offense isn't protecting them. They go 3 and out constantly.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

I think they played better last year than they actually were. Back to being very average team. Thursday vs. KC. looks like another loss.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18971

Above average group of individuals, playing as individuals, with individual issues and goals.
    Not focused and not a team.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    Above average group of individuals, playing as individuals, with individual issues and goals.
    Not focused and not a team.
    I like this answer

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Ken Norton Jr. is a bum too. The secondary sucks. Identity. Hell if I know. They don't have one.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Goat Milk having a real philosophical meltdown over this question

Goater tell you what, go smoke some Private Reserve, take a few hours and contemplate this issue. You will 100% fall asleep and when you wake up, you still wont have the answer but at least you'll be well rested

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17005

It's the 100 million dollar disease. Anytime a lead player is given 100 million dollars, that drive goes away a little. And in the big leagues, a little is all is takes for a down fall.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Raiders came through for me week 2. I don't recognize this team now.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

My wife is a huge Raiders fan and I tried telling her this last year and told her not to expect a repeat performance this year.

CWD
    Update your status

I think he's second in the NFL in broken tackles and 2nd to worst or some shit in yards before contact?

Seems like classic Lynch to me.

O line is highest paid in history?

Raiders identity needs to be power scheme offense and using more play action for Cooper and Crabtree. Not shotgun 4 wr with Carr. Raiders identity is bully ball. That's what they need to do. The D is bad and the offense isn't protecting them. They go 3 and out constantly.
    lynch is always a mystery imo, he was literally an inch from being out of league with bills after stinking it up for years then next day becomes one of top RBs in league for next few years

raiders got what they want tho, with the big pre season lynch hype show, sold out season tickets i believe, they got their moneys worth

he looks to be in great shape but he just might need that little extra HGH boost again

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Looks like the same old identity the Raiders have always had, disappointment.

Last year was like a contract year for the team as they tried to get to Vegas.

Now it's official and it's back to the same old Raiders.

It's like asking about the identity of the Browns.

They are who we thought they were.

jm8122
    jm8122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11909

Just signed Navarro Bowman from SF for one year $2 million....Signing all the former SF players, wonder who will be next and if Bowman can make a difference midway thru the meltdown season

Jnelson1182
    MBF
    Jnelson1182's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

Maybe too many players that wanna be the #1 guy instead of everyone playing their roles for the best of the team.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

My opinion... and I have watched just about EVERY Raider game going back 30+ years.

Team talent has outgrown coaching talent. JDR was the right coach to help rebuild, but it is time for the Raiders to upgrade in that area.

Downing has turned the offense into a dink and dunk offense for some reason, and the Oline has implemented some zone blocking schemes for some odd reason. They were doing fine with power blocking which suits Lynch much better. I don't think there is a team on the league with fewer 20 yard passes than the Raiders.

KNJ sucks as a DC and I feel like he is more of a cheerleader than an X's and O's type guy. No idea why he is still on the staff.

Maybe they can turn it around, but they need to do something like the Bengals and fire that OC. I actually miss Musgrave now. At least he would punish them deep when teams tried to play a soft zone.

Some seem to think something is going on in the locker room.

12 Last