picksix112
    picksix112's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Vikings - Bears ****MUST READ****

Vikings – Bears Here we are again with another Monday night football matchup that looks to be very profitable for us. We have the Minnesota Vikings, traveling to Chicago to face off against rookie quarterback Mitch Trubisky and the Chicago Bears. Trubisky faces a tough matchup against this swarming Vikings defense, who was able to sack Matt Stafford six times, in a tough loss to the Lions last week. Fortunately for the Vikings they’ll get their quarterback Sam Bradford back from injury. Bradford has been out with a knee injury since the season opener. But as you know from previous spots I’ve taken, I love a great defensive team. In my opinion, the Vikings boast a top 3 defense in the NFL. They are led by Harrison Smith, and 2 other pro bowlers, cornerback Xavier Rhodes, and defensive end Everton Griffen. Not only is their defense star studded, but the scheme Mike Zimmer has in place, is one of the best I’ve seen in the past 10 years.
    Zimmer rolls out a base 4-3 scheme, often going to a 4-2-5 scheme in passing situations. The Vikings primarily play press man coverage, and uses plenty of different blitz variations to confuse the quarterback at the line of scrimmage. With rookie Mitch Trubisky getting the start, I expect this defense to feast on him. There will be a lot of pressure on this offensive line as the Vikings rank in the top 10 over their last 3 games in sacks per game. Not only will it be tough sledding in the pass game, but it will be even tougher in the running game as the Vikings boast the 3rd best run defense in the league, giving up only 71 yards per game on the ground. The Bears run game was bottled up in their last game as they attempted to run the ball 30 times and only averaged 3.1 yards per carry, in a 35-14 loss to the Packers. Another key stat about this defense… They’re #1 IN THE LEAGUE in 3rd down defense, with teams converting only 25% of the time.
    As much as I’ve raved about this defense, I would like to take a moment to talk about the offense. Which in my opinion is a beast in itself. They're 7th in the league in passing yards per game and they've been without their starting quarterback since opening week. They use the play action pass very effectively and like to get the ball out to their playmakers, and their playmakers are LEGIT. Wide receiver Stefon Diggs is #1 in the league in receiving yards with 391 yards and his running mate Adam Thielen is ranked 3rd in the league in receiving yards with 358 yards. Not only do they have these two guys but with the injury to Dalvin Cook, I expect the speedy running back Jerick Mickinnon to get some touches out in open space. Also let us not forget, Michael Floyd is returning to the lineup after serving his 4 game suspension. I understand that no one believes in Sam Bradford, but this guy was a #1 draft pick for a reason. In the only game he’s played in this season, he looked like the quarterback everyone expected him to be out of college. He completed 84% of his passes, threw for 346 yards, with 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. He’ll be facing off against a depleted bears defense who is missing starters, Jerrell Freeman, Danny Trevathan, Willie Young, and Quintin Demps, and what would be starter Nick Kwiatoski, I expect Bradford to have a field day! This team gives up 26 points per game, ranking them 27th in the league in points allowed per game. Bears will play inspired at home behind this rookie quarterback, but it won’t be enough as I expect the Vikings to dominate from start to finish.Vikings -3.5

AceofSP2107
    AceofSP2107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12278

Just because of the time you took out to write this I'm on the vikes

Bmoredd
    Bmoredd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6021

very good analysis, thanks

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

My eyes hurt.

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

Thanks again bro, took ml

picksix112
    picksix112's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Congrats bro!

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

Quote Originally Posted by picksix112 View Post
    Congrats bro!
    What about me though? I tailed you and lost by a half point... I bet all of Grandma's purse money on this crap and now I won't be able to return the scratch and she won't be able to finance her prescription meds.

What about us, the little people? You promised things and then snatched the rug out from under our feet. You gonna act like that didn't happen? You gonna pretend like you're not hurting people and splitting apart the family nucleus?