packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I don't put any stock into these reg season games. Playoffs are what matters and Rodgers and his team have disappointed over the years. They've had good enough teams to win. What about that EPIC MELTDOWN against the Seahawks a couple years ago? Never seen a meltdown that bad except ATL superbowl. Wasn't that the NFC championship game?

Rodgers is an amazing player but his leadership also has to be questioned. He has that smug, arrogant, Peyton-manning syndrome. Let me say that personally, as an athlete, and in organized sports all my life growing up, I would not want to play with someone like that. On the other hand, playign with a personality like Brady would motivate me to be better. Is that not part of what makes a great QB?

Going back to your question, Pats are a team that will just slowly improve every week, and in the playoffs, I'm not picking anyone to beat them, with or without Edelman, with or without Gronk. It simply doesn't matter. To beat the Patriots in the playoffs you have to play a near-perfect game. It can be done, it's just hard though.

Rodgers right now has a better team than Brady imo. Let's see if he can win ring 2 this year. As of now, he's not in the same league as Brady.
    I don't like to jump on a teams bandwagon,normally the cream ends up rising to the top. I haven't overreacted to the Patriots slow start do to the fact they still play in the AFC East,so they should atleast nab themselves a division crown at the end of the regular season,barring something unforeseen,Bills are the only team I reckon could be a thorn in their side.

Rodgers might be a smug bastard but he's are smug bastard,anytime he can go into Dallas and show up those arrogant chumps,its a good day.

As long as the Packers Defense can pitch in come Playoff time,Rodgers should be able to handle his business.Patriots biggest competition is most likely coming out of the AFC West,I think it may end up being the Broncos rather then the Chiefs to be honest.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 10-08-17 at 08:48 PM.

fourlokobro
    fourlokobro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1413

Yeah, Pack winning Super Bowl over DEN right?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I don't like to jump on a teams bandwagon,normally the cream ends up rising to the top. I haven't overreacted to the Patriots slow start do to the fact they still play in the AFC East,so they should atleast nab themselves a division crown at the end of the regular season,barring something unforeseen,Bills are the only team I reckon could be a thorn in their side.

Rodgers might be a smug bastard but he's are smug bastard,anytime he can go into Dallas and show up those arrogant chumps,its a good day.

As long as the Packers Defense can pitch in come Playoff time,Rodgers should be able to handle his business.Patriots biggest competition is most likely coming out of the AFC West,I think it may end up being the Broncos rather then the Chiefs to be honest.
    Tons of good teams every single year with the talent to win it all. Steelers for example have the best two offensive players in all of football...on one team. Denver has perhaps the best defense and best WR duo, or one of the best at least. Probably the best backup RB in the league in Jamaal Charles. Good O line. Raiders have a good squad but a poor secondary. They don't have an identity. Marshawn Lynch 10 carries per game? I don't even play football and even I know that Lynch gets better as the game goes on. The whole point of Lynch is to give him 20 carries so HE can injure the defense. He can wear them down. That's why Lynch's YPC are always higher int he 2nd half of games throughout his whole career. So if you're giving him 10 carries, why do you even have him on your team? What's your identity? Why are you going shotgun on 1st down 5 WRs on the 3 yard line?

KC looks good now but what about in the playoffs? Will they revert to their old dink and dunk selves when the pressure is on? Yeah they're what like 4-0 now? They're playing loose, free. What about when everyone is 0-0 again in the playoffs?

The thing with Brady is he goes out to win the games in the playoffs. He doesn't wait for the victory to land in his lap as many coaches and players do. Him and Rodgers want the ball with the game on the line.

Rodgers is more of a pure athlete, pure QB gunslinger. Brady literally looks like a robot. When he's in the zone, he doesn't miss. There's no such thing as pressure with him.

I mean the sheer magnitude of what we witnessed last year should have silenced Lakerman for a bit you would think. Brady was down 28-3 I think with like 4 minutes left in the third quarter. 3 points....with the third quarter almost finished...and he ended with 35....in the superbowl....the man did not miss in the last 1.5 quarters...literally did not miss.

fourlokobro

So will ARod challenge Brady for GOAT ???

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by fourlokobro View Post
    His resume is pretty much a joke next to Brady's.

Like asking if Tmac can challenge Kobe because Tmac and Kobe were the two best players in the world for a 4 year stretch.

Moonpie0954
    Moonpie0954's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

That last drive won me 1500 he's a bad man haha A Rod

fourlokobro

His resume is pretty much a joke next to Brady's.

Like asking if Tmac can challenge Kobe because Tmac and Kobe were the two best players in the world for a 4 year stretch.
    Yeah but resumes get dusty... Is Arod the man one of these days?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Tom Brady wins with all white wide receivers.

I mean, what more do you want from the guy?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Brady lol. The one year his division had a good team he lost to the Jets in the playoffs

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20352

Had b2b DPOY guys arguably in their primes the year he won it.

Has had some of the best weapons in the NFL over the last decade.
    Clay Matthews is one guy. Having one good pass rusher isn't going to do much for your defense.

He has had good weapons to throw to. Brady deserves credit because he has never had much to throw to. Other than Gronk, he's had to work with average receivers. Edelman and Welker likely wouldn't be names you'd recognize if it weren't for Brady.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Tons of good teams every single year with the talent to win it all. Steelers for example have the best two offensive players in all of football...on one team. Denver has perhaps the best defense and best WR duo, or one of the best at least. Probably the best backup RB in the league in Jamaal Charles. Good O line. Raiders have a good squad but a poor secondary. They don't have an identity. Marshawn Lynch 10 carries per game? I don't even play football and even I know that Lynch gets better as the game goes on. The whole point of Lynch is to give him 20 carries so HE can injure the defense. He can wear them down. That's why Lynch's YPC are always higher int he 2nd half of games throughout his whole career. So if you're giving him 10 carries, why do you even have him on your team? What's your identity? Why are you going shotgun on 1st down 5 WRs on the 3 yard line?

KC looks good now but what about in the playoffs? Will they revert to their old dink and dunk selves when the pressure is on? Yeah they're what like 4-0 now? They're playing loose, free. What about when everyone is 0-0 again in the playoffs?

The thing with Brady is he goes out to win the games in the playoffs. He doesn't wait for the victory to land in his lap as many coaches and players do. Him and Rodgers want the ball with the game on the line.

Rodgers is more of a pure athlete, pure QB gunslinger. Brady literally looks like a robot. When he's in the zone, he doesn't miss. There's no such thing as pressure with him.

I mean the sheer magnitude of what we witnessed last year should have silenced Lakerman for a bit you would think. Brady was down 28-3 I think with like 4 minutes left in the third quarter. 3 points....with the third quarter almost finished...and he ended with 35....in the superbowl....the man did not miss in the last 1.5 quarters...literally did not miss.
    The Raiders could be in a lot of trouble if Carr is out for a good period of time,was just saying to my mate when were watching the Steelers game today and they continuously blew it in the red zone,their not taking full advantage of Bell,theyve gotta get him more involved when it counts the most.

Way I see Rodgers and Brady if you swapped them both and had them play for the others team,do you think Brady would have won 5 SB with McCarthy and the Packers,and on the flip side how many titles do you think Rodgers would have with Bill,I pose that question to you mate.

It is crazy that the Falcons blew that SB,glad I only had the Falcons Conference Futures Bet.

fourlokobro

Fade Steelers, Fade Oak, gotta back KC, GB, Phil, Cincy maybe? Nah pats

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by fourlokobro View Post
    Depends on how you define GOAT. If your in the ring crowd than no way he'll touch Brady. Rodgers can make plays inside and outside of the pocket whereas Brady is strictly a pocket guy, edge Rodgers.
    Last edited by Stevedore; 10-08-17 at 11:05 PM.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Everyone from espn to sbr knew this coming into the season. Why is this a special public announcement?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Everyone from espn to sbr knew this coming into the season. Why is this a special public announcement?
    Just love the Brady guys getting all worked up and bringing in the Robert horry argument
    Points Awarded:

shadymcgrady gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Rodgers makes the owner of the Cowboys humble during all these anthem drama.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Rodgers can't win big games

tony_come

Thomas Brady will win

tony_come

Eli manning can win big games but not today
    Points Awarded:

shocka1212 gave tony_come 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shocka1212

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Haha ... When does it stop? Maybe 8 rings? 9 ?

The dude has won 5 rings and you can't even give him credit. All you do is call it is being a homer. Hahahaha
    guy has 0 without his coach... Rodgers would have 9 if he had that coach and those defenses from the old days. matter of fact, those games wouldn't have even been close to be honest.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Clay Matthews is one guy. Having one good pass rusher isn't going to do much for your defense.

He has had good weapons to throw to. Brady deserves credit because he has never had much to throw to. Other than Gronk, he's had to work with average receivers. Edelman and Welker likely wouldn't be names you'd recognize if it weren't for Brady.
    Woodson won DPOY with the Packers, was the best safety in the league every year he played for the Pack. They also had Matthews and many more pieces. Tramon Williams. BJ Raji. Their defense was great for many years of Rodgers's career.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    guy has 0 without his coach... Rodgers would have 9 if he had that coach and those defenses from the old days. matter of fact, those games wouldn't have even been close to be honest.
    Billichick has 0 rings without Brady. Why didn't he win with Bledsoe?

If he doesn't win when Brady retires, then what?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    The Raiders could be in a lot of trouble if Carr is out for a good period of time,was just saying to my mate when were watching the Steelers game today and they continuously blew it in the red zone,their not taking full advantage of Bell,theyve gotta get him more involved when it counts the most.

Way I see Rodgers and Brady if you swapped them both and had them play for the others team,do you think Brady would have won 5 SB with McCarthy and the Packers,and on the flip side how many titles do you think Rodgers would have with Bill,I pose that question to you mate.

It is crazy that the Falcons blew that SB,glad I only had the Falcons Conference Futures Bet.
    I'm not really sure how many rings each would have. I know Brady playing with Woodson for a period in both their primes would result in MULTIPLE RINGS, not just the 1 that Rodgers has. I know that for a fact. Brady has never had weapons like Rodgers. The best weapon he ever had was Moss and we saw what Brady did with him. Now his best weapon is Gronk who doesn't even play in a lot of games, especially big ones. Brady's running backs over the years are no name players. And honestly even though Brady has some great HofF defensive players for the first 3 rings, none of them compare to Charles Woodson, maybe one of the top 10 best defensive players ever overall in history.

While Bill is probably the best coach ever, he still hasn't won anything without Brady and quite frankly, I don't think he ever will.

At the end of the day, I am a strong advocate of the fact that players win games, not coaches. You can have the smartest coach, scheme and playcall all you want. And the end of the day, the football isn't being controlled by a remote. You have to make the right reads on the field, make the right pass in traffic with guys rushing at you full speed.... coaching doesn't compare to being on the field.

Brady is one of the best readers of football you'll ever see. He changes the plays at the line of scrimmage probably more than anyone in football history including Manning.

I think people really get enamored with Rodgers because of how athletic he is, throwing across his body effortlessly and stuff. But really when you look at all the aspects of the quarterback position, Brady has him beat in the majority of them.

Rodgers has had plenty of chances to get to the superbowl and quite simply he has choked in the playoffs. Brady has ice water in his veins and the man is 40 years old bro....FORTY...and he's the best QB in the league. He did what he did in that superbowl at 40. That's just unheard of. Let's see what Rodgers does when he's 40... Brady has just been consistent for 20 years. Rodgers has only done it for less than 10. So let's not discount that body of work either.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    This isn't even up for debate. He would have 10 rings with the pats.
    Yet he's been to one superbowl while Brady has made 7 with not much difference in talent and competing with Peyton Manning and Roethlisberger. Who has been keeping Rodgers out, Russell Wilson? Matt Ryan? Kaepernick? Cam Newton? He has to step his game up in the big playoff games. Not just the first round.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    This is hilarious. They were so angry after this game.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Rodgers has been the top QB for several years now in the NFL. I called Brady the best ever in the mid 2000s when the debate was Manning v Brady, it was obvious then who was truly superior. The problem for the Brady backers now is that Rodgers has all the skills/throwing/ is far more mobile, and he's actually really fast as well. Apart from the mental (where it's subjective and the only characteristic where Brady might have an edge), Rodgers is objectively superior throwing, evading, running. I've always loved Brady, but it's been clear for some time now that Rodgers is (already) the greatest. In terms of phenomenal plays, and even phenomenal plays in the most meaningful moments, no one touches Rodgers.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    This is hilarious. They were so angry after this game.
    That's what you get for selling out, JJ

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Yet he's been to one superbowl while Brady has made 7 with not much difference in talent and competing with Peyton Manning and Roethlisberger. Who has been keeping Rodgers out, Russell Wilson? Matt Ryan? Kaepernick? Cam Newton? He has to step his game up in the big playoff games. Not just the first round.
    The only game you can say this about is the 14-2 post Super Bowl season, when they lost to NYG at home.

He was injured and the fluke ending of the century (as underdogs) happened in Seattle. They've been down so many guys with defenses that were just average to begin with, then getting injured. They had 6 injured starters on D last year and still made it to the NFC championship.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

JJ has made it clear he can't get behind a gay quarterback....

kneeling anonymously on the other side of a whole in a wall, or playing jelly watchers in a public bathhouse steam room where you can't see who is who due to the steamy haze?

well, that's a whole 'nother story.....

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

BIG Boston/Pats guy here. Born and raised. Like Ditka said about Payton.." Don`t ask me to choose anyone above Walter"

On talent alone, AR definitely has the upper hand. TB is Herman Munster when it comes to pure athleticism vs. AR.
    BUT, how many years did AR get the big balls, dedicated front row parking space honoring the hardest worker on the team. Brady held it for 10+ years.

Sure, TB was blessed with BB for his entire career. Sure his division was a shitfest all those years. But if you ask the multitude of players who were teammates of Brady, an overwhelming % would run through a wall for the guy. The same can not be said of Rodgers.

TB is the ultimate team first guy who keeps his cool under the most extreme situations. Montana had it. Rodgers has shown it sometimes during the regular season and has been brilliant. But 1 SB appearance is weak ass sauce.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

ass sauce?

no doubt Rodgers relishes the thought of that.........

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    ass sauce?

no doubt Rodgers relishes the thought of that.........

Donkster....leave it to you to find the sexual connotation with my rant. You are always true to yourself.

lakerboy

Billichick has 0 rings without Brady. Why didn't he win with Bledsoe?

If he doesn't win when Brady retires, then what?
    Bro bledsoe won the most important game of the whole dynasty in Pittsburgh as a dog in the AFC title game. Did you forget that?

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    BIG Boston/Pats guy here. Born and raised. Like Ditka said about Payton.." Don`t ask me to choose anyone above Walter"

On talent alone, AR definitely has the upper hand. TB is Herman Munster when it comes to pure athleticism vs. AR.
    BUT, how many years did AR get the big balls, dedicated front row parking space honoring the hardest worker on the team. Brady held it for 10+ years.

Sure, TB was blessed with BB for his entire career. Sure his division was a shitfest all those years. But if you ask the multitude of players who were teammates of Brady, an overwhelming % would run through a wall for the guy. The same can not be said of Rodgers.

TB is the ultimate team first guy who keeps his cool under the most extreme situations. Montana had it. Rodgers has shown it sometimes during the regular season and has been brilliant. But 1 SB appearance is weak ass sauce.
    Great post. My only criticism is that it is small minded to do this "How many championships does he have though" as if this is tennis. That's been one of the silliest things going. Especially when you have a guy that has won it before, at least once. Next thing you'll tell me is that Belichick knows nothing about defense.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bro bledsoe won the most important game of the whole dynasty in Pittsburgh as a dog in the AFC title game. Did you forget that?
    Kudos, lakerboy. This is the best part of analysis that few realize, because most are so ignorant of how important gambling is for sports analysis. Was the team favored in a given game? I venture to guess that nearly ever game Brady went into, he was favored, apart from the first SB win, when I obviously know he was a big dog.

It's also why a guy like McNabb can't be considered the greatest. His team was favored in every game except the SB loss to the Pats, and his record in NFC championships dismal.

First 123 Last