TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

The Chargers are the favorite vs Philly at Pinny

I just swore 2 days ago that I wouldn’t take a position with Chargers for the rest of the season and now they hang this number.....Christ

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I think it might be time for the chargers to start looking for a diff qb,i like phillip but damn he always lets me down and he looks like a shell of himself,that being said i like the chargers this week

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Yes this line worries me

This and my "hooly Fuk this eagles team is good" Thread could mean doom on Sunday

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Yes this line worries me

This and my "hooly Fuk this eagles team is good" Thread could mean doom on Sunday

Philly just save your money this week or maybe play the total

MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

I take it the house is siding with the Chargers; they've probably considered that the Eagles only beat the Giants off a 61-yard fieldgoal, that the Giants are bad and that there are certain intangibles(and insider info) that give the Chargers the edge. Afterall, a myriad of circumstances leading to these two teams records does not equate to overall quality therego Vegas is hoping the public is betting on the former.

What they're not taking into consideration is the enthusiasm gap, which is already getting very thin by week 4. The Eagles still have hope of making the playoffs and the dramatic manner in which they beat the Giants may make them more resolute in this cause(at least in the short-term), while the Chargers may as well call in their season at 0-3. The house normally wins but it won't here.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Chargers just aren't that good.. Should get spanked..

TheLock

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Chargers just aren't that good.. Should get spanked..
    Yet the winless team is favored over the Eagles.....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    Dimes has it at pick em.. Does seem like a trap, Chargers will be doing everything to get that first win and this game is in LA.. I still think they probably lose though...

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/philade...s-20171001024/

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13736

A desperate 0-3 team playing a team off a big division win traveling cross country to play an out of conference game.

Not as cut and dry of an easy pick in my eyes.
    Last edited by jt315; 09-26-17 at 12:29 PM.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

Quote Originally Posted by jt315 View Post
    A desperate 0-3 team playing a team off a big division win traveling cross country to play an out of conference game.Not as cut and dry of an easy pick in my eyes.
    I never really bought into that cross country angle. Always seemed like something insignificant people would say to justify a bet because it sounds like it might make sense.

And it's out of conference for both teams so not sure how that is a worthy angle.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Just leave it

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13736

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    I never really bought into that cross country angle. Always seemed like something insignificant people would say to justify a bet because it sounds like it might make sense.

And it's out of conference for both teams so not sure how that is a worthy angle.

Some might ignore , some might see it as a factor.

— EST teams as a whole have struggled against West division opponents, winning 41 percent of their games since the start of the 2002 season. Only four of 17 teams have managed to win more games than they've lost (Colts, Panthers, Patriots and Falcons).

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Chargers lose a close one in this contest. Their defense will get gashed by Smallwood and Blount. Wentz will manage the game and will kneel out a small victory. That's my prediction.

Jnelson1182
    MBF
    Jnelson1182's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

I think Phil will pull off a win here, I can't say for sure if they will cover or not so will either take the ml on the eagles or pass on this game not 100% sure yet.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Morino we need a write up

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Chargers probably win. Tough spot for the eagles traveling cross country facing a desperate team.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s the NFL anybody can beat anybody

TheLock

I still like the Chargers on Sunday

Line is moving against Philly

Dynasty3669
    Dynasty3669's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3814

LAC record is 0-3, but their stats suggest they're not that bad. The Boys in the desert know. Take the Chargers.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchut12 View Post
    I think it might be time for the chargers to start looking for a diff qb,i like phillip but damn he always lets me down and he looks like a shell of himself,that being said i like the chargers this week
    He always puts up a few stinkers a season like last week. Honestly I think it has as much to do with the coaching staff (not last weeks pick fest just overall), the offense looks far less competent than when McCoy was in charge and we seeing that in Denver where he has that offense playing much better than last season.,

Think they made a mistake letting McCoy go and putting this bum defensive guy Lynn in charge. Granted the defense playing very well but clearly the offense has regressed a great deal, maybe you right and it is rivers but I have watched most their snaps this year and really haven't thought much of the play calling at all. In Denver all night they were far too conservative on early downs repeatedly putting themselves in terribly obvious passing situations against that pass rush. Same thing in the Miami game, very predictable.

Lot of guys I respect are on chargers this week and I don't disagree it a good spot to back them. At this point I simply have too many concerns about the offense tho. Philly is great with time of possession and I worry about chargers ability to be efficient with the chances they have.

As we saw last week in the 4th qrtr the eagles secondary can be had so there definitely will be big plays available just not sure this coaching staff has the creativity to do so as it seems painfully obvious they are trying to establish the run game and work off that. Problem is their run game hasn't been effective and I don't see it getting right w a banged up Gordon and against philly very good front 7. That will just lead to more 3rd and longs against a very good front 7 being able to tee off..

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

This is the worst charger team since a very long time, I have watches these same players lose for 10 years
    Rivers to Gates, Rivers just isn't any good, can't run, no intangibles, coaching is terrible, weak offensive line for a long time,
    poor defense. It used to be they could score 28 points at qualcom, but now they put up 20.
    They are so bad 0-4 is likely. And they are awful in the first half, when was the last time they had a halftime lead

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

I have seen like 100 + charger games in the last 10 years this is a bad team
    they need a whole new revamp there is nothing for them to play for, they have no fans
    this is bad ownership. Eagles have playoff aspirations!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by xdodger19 View Post
    This is the worst charger team since a very long time, I have watches these same players lose for 10 years
    Rivers to Gates, Rivers just isn't any good, can't run, no intangibles, coaching is terrible, weak offensive line for a long time,
    poor defense. It used to be they could score 28 points at qualcom, but now they put up 20.
    They are so bad 0-4 is likely. And they are awful in the first half, when was the last time they had a halftime lead
    I actually think the defense is pretty good. Unfortunately this defensive minded coach has brought horrible offensive strategy and play calling along with him. Offense healthier than last season yet playing far worse. Look no further than what Denver doing offensively and you can see it was a poor decision firing McCoy for this guy. They would have been much better served leaving offensive staff in place and hiring a new D.C.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Eagles with lots of injuries on the defensive side.....this will be a game Wentz will have to win.....I'm taking the over

2daBank

Eagles with lots of injuries on the defensive side.....this will be a game Wentz will have to win.....I'm taking the over
    That was my initial lean but man I'm seriously to the point of concern w chargers offense. I know philly secondary can easily be had by rivers and those WRs, I just worry they continue with same offensive game plan that doesn't take advantage of that. Plus eagles do great job w time of possession so those chances could be limited.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    look at the way they've won their two games... this line is spot on. chargers will cover.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

he's been the most inaccurate qb through 3 weeks according to Cian Fahey who is one of the few espn employees who actually knows what they're talking about. its going to be a close game and I think chargers get a lead in the 2nd half and control the clock with the run. any word on that fletcher cox injury? its a big factor here.