trillz
    trillz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4470

Why was that Detroit TD overturned?

Missed the explanation.. looked clean to me, clean catch, looked like it broke the plane imo. Did I miss something

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Pretty lame Other than a bias u can't overturn it

bonz
    bonz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

None of that happened

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26347

knee was down at the half yard line.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Terrible rule wtf

refs make wrong call and lions don't get a 4th down play

i have no bet on game btw

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Easy Falcons cover

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Runoff rule should be addressed. If team knew they were down they would have rushed to spike the ball

chrisander625
    chrisander625's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 267

Man, I had had ATL in that game and couldn't believe the words that came out of the refs mouth to explain that. really thought that was a TD. Ball looked like it crossed to me

chrisander625
    chrisander625's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 267

Either way Lions should get 4th down play, not there problem it needs to be reviewed

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26347

it would have been a 4th down so they can't spike it, but yeah sick ending in that one.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Good Falcons cover for us

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Couldn't spike but prob get a play off

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by chrisander625 View Post
    Man, I had had ATL in that game and couldn't believe the words that came out of the refs mouth to explain that. really thought that was a TD. Ball looked like it crossed to me
    Same here. I thought he crossed the goal line without being touched.

But on further review, his knee was down at the 1/2 line. There was no way they could get the players set to run another play in time, which is why they have the runoff rule.

But, the refs fukked ATL anyway to get the ball on the goal line with horrible PI calls. The refs have too much control over these games.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Ridiculous reversal, ridiculous rule.

Knee clearly not down (could see shadow) as the ball met the front end of goal line. In no way could you over turn a TD call there. IMO it was clear TD, but at worse it's inconclusive and you'd have to stick with call on field.

And then to rule a 10 second runoff becuase all scoring plays are automatically reviewed?!

This will lead to a rule change just like the Calvin Johnson (non) catch, just like the 'challenge an automatically reviewed play thus making it non reviewable', just like the "intent to blow the whistle"... The list goes on. Detroit sports gets fukked by officials again.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

They saw that my 7 team parlay was going to win...so had to overturn it..

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Damn, that's brutal...

trillz
    trillz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4470

Stopped watching after I thought they scored and was watching the pats game, crazy finish to that one.. just don't get how they overturn that call and the runoff leaves Detroit with no 4th down.. done and over with but damn.

baseballstud
    baseballstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    ouch thats brutal,, was the payout big or was it high juice?? feel for you, ive never done a 7 teamer, but my heart would have been racing

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18941

The play happened with 8 seconds left and the clock running. No way the Lions would have gotten another play off. The run-off rule is there to prevent a team with the ball and no time-outs from benefiting in such, (replay or ref discussion), situations. It worked. The Lions ran a pass play that was short of the goal-line, which is effectively the same as a running play short of the goal-line. It's the Lions fault for not putting the ball into or through the endzone.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Lions scored on play clearly to me. Refs are corrupt no doubt. Wanted to control results and did!

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Lol

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

It's the NFL, what do you all expect? They're clueless, the league is all about drama.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

NFL has become too litigious. What a trash way to end the game- that whole drive by DET was flags to begin with.

leovegas
    leovegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

it was good call

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

There should absolutely not be any type of runoff when the clock is stopped for something other than an offensive penalty or "injury." What happened yesterday is literally the perfect example of the one exception that needs to be added to that rule.

It is not Detroit's fault they had to review that call. Once they come back with a ruling, they should line everyone up, and clock starts on the ref's whistle. One of the worst game-deciding calls I've ever seen in my life.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    The play happened with 8 seconds left and the clock running. No way the Lions would have gotten another play off. The run-off rule is there to prevent a team with the ball and no time-outs from benefiting in such, (replay or ref discussion), situations. It worked. The Lions ran a pass play that was short of the goal-line, which is effectively the same as a running play short of the goal-line. It's the Lions fault for not putting the ball into or through the endzone.
    There really was 10 left the scorekeeper took awhile to stop the clock they could of ran to the line and run a sneak play is everyone was paying attention.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18941

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    There really was 10 left the scorekeeper took awhile to stop the clock they could of ran to the line and run a sneak play is everyone was paying attention.
    Why should referees run to the line. Did they have money on Detroit? Were they there to help Detroit? They should be officiating the same way and at the same pace for the whole game. At any other point in the game the ball would not have been in play that fast and the Lions would not have gotten a play off. Replays and stoppages are in place to get the right, (or more correct), result, not to help the offence, defense, home team, or road team.

Put simply this is on the Lions. You don't put the ball in play short of the goal-line if the clock is a factor. It's why you shouldn't call a running play in that situation either.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

If I heard correctly about the NFL rule.... if clock is running when they need to go to a review.... and it's under 10 seconds left in the game... it requires a 10 second run off? Therefore, time is considered expired... and game is officially over.

I wonder how many teams actually knew about this rule? Wow.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I thought this was a terrible call t the time, until Ive screen pictures of the knee down, defender hand on shoulder, and ball not at the goal line.

According to the rules, the reversal was correct, as was the 10 second run off. Detroit about 12 inches away from the W.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Regul8er 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Let's be honest, if this play was called correctly on the field (I dont blame the refs for calling it a TD) Detroit never gets to the line and everyone in position with like 7 seconds left to run another play. I mean Golden Tate was sprawling across the goal line, with a defender on him, and multiple players were laying on the ground. THe clock would have gotten to 5, 4, 3 really fast.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave Regul8er 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    If I heard correctly about the NFL rule.... if clock is running when they need to go to a review.... and it's under 10 seconds left in the game... it requires a 10 second run off? Therefore, time is considered expired... and game is officially over.

I wonder how many teams actually knew about this rule? Wow.
    It's very well known in NFL and college. LSU fans had it happen against Auburn last year. I think it was really meant to stop faking injuries first but expanded to taking off your helmet, replay, etc.

Caldwell didn't even argue it cause he knew the rule.

mcgeezer1883
    mcgeezer1883's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

If a ball is in play but the clock was stopped due to a review or an injury with under 2 min on the clock.....by rule they run off 10 seconds, or the team with possession can call a timeout to prevent that from happening.

The intention of the rule was to stop players on the opposing team from faking injuries to stop the clock

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

As a Detroit backer ML backer I'm not even upset. They were losing basically the entire game and without some horrible drops that turned into picks it could have easily been a 2 TD game. The problem I have is that the commisioner didn't think this through. If they rule him down with 8 seconds and everyone is literally in the same place they easily get that 4th down QB sneak opportunity to win it. That was a very difficult call and don't mind the review, but how can you penalize detroit since you did your job poorly?...should have put about 1-3 seconds back on with a running clock..I don't think the NFL is rigged, but it's definitely meant to be difficult to predict on purpose with the refs help in some cases. If a QB just throws up 3 hail mary's every drive, I bet 1/6 times he is going to get a PI...maybe more depending on ref. I think they need to let defenses play the game, especially let the DB's be a little more physical, maybe up until 10 yards bump and run and since they took away the weapon of the visicious Daryl Dawkins type hit, guys aren't scared anymore. Sure it happens, but a lot less. If I wanted to watch 30-27 point games I'd go watch girls jv high school basketball instead.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Like for instance, did anyone see that PI they called for Julio Jones...ball was like 10 feet over his head and the announcers make it seems oh well he's 6'3, maybe he could have jumped 15 feet in the air between 2 defenders and then finishing with an Eric Decker toe drag...like ok sure, gimme a break Eric Clapton or Tony Romo. Whatever your name is, like you could even tell the difference between the 2.

Tony Romo (0 SB appearances) "Gotta hurry up now, cmon Aaron, hurry up now, gotta go! Like Scottie telling Michael how to run the final play...with a little layla in the background or something.