tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I think the location is a huge issue. It's just so far from San Francisco
    Yeah. That's a big part. But the stadium also sucks. Just so generic. Only good thing is how wide the concourse areas are. Used to take a full quarter to leave and get a beer at the Stick.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Yeah. That's a big part. But the stadium also sucks. Just so generic. Only good thing is how wide the concourse areas are. Used to take a full quarter to leave and get a beer at the Stick.
    Isn't it funny before the stadium came out they were telling everyone how great it was and perfect but now it sounds like a disaster.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Isn't it funny before the stadium came out they were telling everyone how great it was and perfect but now it sounds like a disaster.
    Too cheap to do a full weather study on the sunlight problem. They deserve a lot of the problems they've created.

jaymilly
    jaymilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 759

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Will start seeing a massive decline in viewership within 3-4 years.

Kids dont play football after school like they used to.

Concussion issues are very real

Too much pink worn by players

Too many flags

Kids have a lot more options for entertainment and shorter attention spans. When I was growing up, all you had was public TV and football was the only thing on sundays

Every park I see, kids are playing soccer. Atlanta's soccer team has sold out at home since their debut.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Sports I repeat have lost appeal and are only watchable during the playoffs. The only reason you can watch sports during the playoffs is because you know they are trying. Money and unions destroyed sports. I was always pro owners. Business is to make money.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Good to go to the night game because apparently the sun is brutal for half the seats during the day games.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Major sports in America aren't going anywhere.. Not sure what you guys are talking about? I thought boxing in America might die but even that is still hanging around and drawing in big PPV numbers to this day.. Too much money floating around these sports for them to die out period..

Lucky Strike
    Lucky Strike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

With the huge boom in fantasy football and the ongoing love for sports gambling, football will thrive for many years to come.

Just because less Americans may be playing football, doesn’t mean other countries haven’t seen a spike of love or play of the sport.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

more people go to 49ers game from peninsula and outside SF than SF itself, location isnt the issue

issue is team is shit and nobody want to pay $40 to park and $10 for a coke to watch garbage

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Cwd location most certainly IS the issue when you live in sf like I do. Hell, I live close to the train and it would still take me 2 fukking hours to get to Levi's.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Cwd location most certainly IS the issue when you live in sf like I do. Hell, I live close to the train and it would still take me 2 fukking hours to get to Levi's.
    not the issue when the majority of fans werent coming from sf in the first place going way back to candlestick days

sounds more like a you problem. if the team were winning you probably would be going

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I agree with all the posters who talk about about the parking price and concession price. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I like how the Atlanta Falcons owner is doing $2.00 hot dogs and $2.00 sodas... That's how you sell tickets.

I haven't been to a game in 21 years no lie. I refuse to battle public and pay ridiculous prices on food and parking.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17005

I am consistently offered suite tickets to the niners game but have turned them down more often than not. Tat is right. Nothing special about this stadium compared to Candlestick except the new place doesn't have a bathtub to piss in. It is a chore to go 50 miles to a game when it use to be 3 miles for me. It would have taken 3 hours to get to the game tonight with the rush hour traffic. No thanks.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8464

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    I am consistently offered suite tickets to the niners game but have turned them down more often than not. Tat is right. Nothing special about this stadium compared to Candlestick except the new place doesn't have a bathtub to piss in. It is a chore to go 50 miles to a game when it use to be 3 miles for me. It would have taken 3 hours to get to the game tonight with the rush hour traffic. No thanks.
    Haha, a friend offered 3 suite tickets to the Astro's tonight. I appreciated the gesture but what am I going to do with 3 tickets (odd number)? and I don't even know who the hell they played tonight. I politely passed. Unless I'm betting em, I ain't watching em...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Traffic is absolutely the biggest problem when going to the games in these major congested cities on the West Coast..

From Santa Monica (the beach where I live in So Cal) it takes an hour to get to Staples Center or Dodger Stadium now if I want to see a game.. 15 years ago I was regular at the Dodgers, Lakers, and Clipper games as the drive was open back then but today it's a parking lot on the 10 freeway.. I'm lucky if I go to one game a year now.. It's not worth battling the traffic, I can deal with the pricing but the traffic and parking is a killer now a days...

Build the wall and deport them all, free up our freeways!!! ...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Haha, a friend offered 3 suite tickets to the Astro's tonight. I appreciated the gesture but what am I going to do with 3 tickets (odd number)? and I don't even know who the hell they played tonight. I politely passed. Unless I'm betting em, I ain't watching em...
    They played the White Sox and lost.. You didn't miss much Mac... Low scoring boring game.. 3 hits all night for the Astros that's it..

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Game like tonight tickets at 2 for $20 is a steal

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

People don't care about sports...they can be on there phones and have all the 3ntertainment I need...bar none

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Build the wall and deport them all, free up our freeways!!! ...
    Jibbby - it ain't the Mexicans, it's all the damn models, actresses, directors and others that flock to LA thinking they're going to be discovered that crowds the freeways. The Mexican's are on and off the road very early.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jibbby - it ain't the Mexicans, it's all the damn models, actresses, directors and others that flock to LA thinking they're going to be discovered that crowds the freeways. The Mexican's are on and off the road very early.
    I see alot of Mexicans in cars and trucks when stuck in traffic on the 10, 105 and 405 freeways.. You're very wrong Mac.. Alot of old Chevy trucks and beat up Toyota pickups and Mexicans always driving them..

I miss the good old days when you could actually drive around 3pm or at noon time on all freeways and go the speed limit.. That was about 20 years ago..

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I see alot of Mexicans in cars and trucks when stuck in traffic on the 10, 105 and 405 freeways.. You're very wrong Mac.. Alot of old Chevy trucks and beat up Toyota pickups and Mexicans always driving them..

I miss the good old days when you could actually drive around 3pm or at noon time on all freeways and go the speed limit.. That was about 20 years ago..
    Had to be longer than that, those freeways were packed at nearly all times even 20 years ago.

I was there too.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    People don't care about sports...they can be on there phones and have all the 3ntertainment I need...bar none

Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave KVB 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Game of the year candidate and nobody saw it in person LOL

Mac4Lyfe

They played the White Sox and lost.. You didn't miss much Mac... Low scoring boring game.. 3 hits all night for the Astros that's it..
    Damn - which is even more reason to not go. Nothing worst than to go to a game and watch them lay an egg.

I use to have season tix to Texans years ago until they laid an egg on a Sunday Night to KC. I think they were down 28-0 at half. My wife, who use to be an avid fan, looked at me and said, "this shit ain't fun anymore". We left at halftime. Neither one of us had ever, ever left a game at half. Not a pee wee game, ymca, HS. That was it. I wouldn't even bring up season tix to her. Hell no, she ain't going. Our neighbor has held onto her season tix for years but she rarely ever goes. I'm amazed how many people in Houston have tickets but they don't ever go either. Very weird. It's like they're waiting for Houston to get good.

Hell, remember when Sosa and McGwire was on their home run tear? I walked up and bought tickets when the Cards were playing the Marlins. Mac hit 4 home runs in 2 games, I think he was up to 60 and there were a lot of empty seats. I kept thinking that this was the most exciting HR race by 2 guys in the history of MLB and the games are not a sellout. Crazy.

Mac4Lyfe

I use to have season tix to Texans years ago until they laid an egg on a Sunday Night to KC. I think they were down 28-0 at half.
    Wow, I just looked it up and it was November 2005. It was 31-7 at half. Damn, time flies.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

great game for 14 bucks

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Here's why the NFL is in a free fall....

FANTASY.....the league started catering to the roto-geeks. Guess what, they don't go to games. They watch their league scores on phones.....for free.

REFS ..... the league has given these 65-year-old steroid freaks too much power. They suck! Only blow the whistle if it's flagrant!!

CONCUSSIONS .... kids are not even allowed to play anymore. How is that good for the game?

WOMEN REPORTERS..... blonde haired, brown eyed girls asking coaches meaningless questions on the sideline. It's a cliche. And keep 'em outta the booth, unless they're deserving. Also fire Jemele. Nobody who I know gives one iota of a fraction of a crap what she thinks.

KAP..... a pee wee team took a knee the other day. Wow! They're supposedly mad at police injustice. But not their awol dads?! Talk about bitching to the choir.

PRE-SEASON GAMES..... the owners have proven themselves to be greedy. They're printing money, yet will only consider giving up 2 pre-season games (that nobody wants) if they can get the players to agree to an 18 game schedule (which nobody wants). The season is pretty frig'n hard as it is. Bordering on malevolent, but what would one expect from Jerry Jones, Irsay, Davis, etc.?

GOODELL....rivals PennyWise the Dancing Clown in creepiness. Despised by all, but somehow the owners think it's better to have this phoney ginger dork take all the heat, rather than them......making over $40mil/yr even though he's watching over a cataclysmic demise.

STEVEN A SMITH, MADDOG, SKIP CLUELESS..... these guys (and gals) have taken a lot of fun outta sports by declaring themselves the smartest loudmouth in the room. I no longer want to be in that room.

I've got more, but let's leave it at that for now.....
    Harry

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10850

True Harry but
    It's football
    Everyone is hooked to watch and cap and bet
    The product is not as it could be
    Football is the greatest sport in the universe
    And nothing will compete with this sport
    Not tennis not golf not soccer not volleyball not lacrosse not baseball not basketball not Olympics not swimming not ping pong not billiards not bowling NASCAR etc.
    Just got to get over it.
    Football rules and always will

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I wouldn't be so sure, Shute. They used to say that about blonde, big-titted Playboy bunnies......but nowadays we're force fed Amy Shumer and Lena Dunham. Times change, and not always for the better.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Harry
    I always take the big titties blondes!!!

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Times don't change Harrry!
    Marilyn Monroe

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

That's classic! Must be ASU girls...

First 123 Last