thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Orleans at Carolina - Pick and Write-Up

I like Carolina at -6. Carolina struggled to run the ball against Buffalo's strong front seven and the mediocre offensive line struggled with Buffalo's pass rush, but New Orleans's defense is one of the worst in the NFL. Drew Brees was solid week 1, but most of his passes are short and mid-range throws, and Carolina's linebackers are great in coverage. The Saints were solid on the road offensively against the Vikings, moving the ball but failing in the red zone, but that game was in a dome. Carolina is playing New England next week, but they are only 2-0 and Newton usually plays his best at home.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

No 88

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

You betting every game?

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You betting every game?
    I'm betting 2 games.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I'm betting 2 games.
    Okay. Good luck. Personally I like the saints. Panthers haven't been very good so far despite winning.

thomorino

Okay. Good luck. Personally I like the saints. Panthers haven't been very good so far despite winning.
    Yeah, that's the value, if the Panthers had been great the line would be 9.5 and we'd have to bet the Saints or not bet the game. Buffalo's front seven is very good and the Panthers have never been a great road offense, now they get a garbage defense at home and a quarterback who usually struggles on grass. If Buffalo couldn't run on Carolina I don't see the Saints having much success, and I don't think Brees and these receivers are good enough to win without a running game on the road.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

So did you cap the game or is this just a subjective guess at value?

Value is numerical and requires handicapping to ascertain.

It's obvious you've watched some football overt the last two weeks, but throwing around terms like value is a bit bothersome, unless you've actually handicapped the games.

I understand the way value is used around here, often so subjective, but did you actually cap the game? Thinking and feeling are dangerous ways to handicap and only a very few select individuals can win over time with that type of betting.

Do you have at least a penciled in prediction?

Good Luck.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    So did you cap the game or is this just a subjective guess at value?

Value is numerical and requires handicapping to ascertain.

It's obvious you've watched some football overt the last two weeks, but throwing around terms like value is a bit bothersome, unless you've actually handicapped the games.

I understand the way value is used around here, often so subjective, but did you actually cap the game? Thinking and feeling are dangerous ways to handicap and only a very few select individuals can win over time with that type of betting.

Do you have at least a penciled in prediction?

Good Luck.

Obviously value is subjective, we don't all have the same opinion about every team or there would be no betting market.

Here's my breakdown of the game - much of it in the write-up. I think the Saints are overvalued in Vegas's power ranking - the season win total for this team was 8.5 before the season started even after their left tackle Armstead went out. Here are my power rankings.

I think Carolina is 2-3 points better than an average team and I think they are much better at home. I think the Saints are 2 points worse than an average team so I think Carolina is about 5 points better than New Orleans on a neutral, I give them about 3 to 3.5 points for home advantage, my line for the game is 8.5-9.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

lakerboy

Yeah but if your line is 8.5 and the real line is 6 don't your see an issue there?

thomorino

Yeah but if your line is 8.5 and the real line is 6 don't your see an issue there?
    What the fuk is the real line - I have no clue what the line will be by kickoff and neither do you. Vegas makes mistakes, Atlanta was -2.5 last week on the opener.
    Last edited by thomorino; 09-18-17 at 12:45 PM.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

What the penetrate is the real line - I have no clue what the line will be by kickoff and neither do you. Vegas makes mistakes, Atlanta was -2.5 last week on the opener.
    Your parents made a mistake

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Your parents made a mistake
    Dude, go drive your station wagon and post your little soccer videos - I GET YOU DON'T LIKE ME. Go away.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Dude, go drive your station wagon and post your little soccer videos - I GET YOU DON'T LIKE ME. Go away.
    I actually LOVE you...so, you are correct with that assessment

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    I actually LOVE you...so, you are correct with that assessment
    I like the car you drive in your videos, looks like a camry, I drove an LE in high school, Good car when I was 16. I love you too - keep posting your college football leans, my favorites was your take on Jackson being the best player in college football since he destroyed the 2 best defenses in the country, Purdue and North Carolina.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Must be another busy day at the practice...

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would be wary of falling in love here.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Ryermkd View Post
    Must be another busy day at the practice...
    I don't really want to post more than once or twice a day in these threads, and I'm not going to respond to funny and his broke dik crew anymore, I just can't believe these people have time to do this.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Have to go back to 2014 for last time a game between these 2 was decided by more than 5. Last 3 all by a fg. Saints don't seem to have much problem outside in Carolina.

Panthers lbs are great but their secondary suspect and this be 1st time all season they face a team capable of testing them. They have allowed Tyrod and hoyer to complete 68% of their passes combined, were 29th in league last year in opponents completion percentage.

Aints d been getting torched by proficient passing attacks which panthers will never be mistaken for having and they even worse now that sCam missing his security blanket . Saints rushing d been fairly respectable, cooks didn't get off till late against them when they were worn down. They be able to sell out vs run here without much threat of getting beat on big pass plays.

Not gonna sell low on a Desperate saints team who was projected to improve but had misfortune of starting the year w 2 very tough matchups, now going against a panther team that has had 2 cakewalk opponents. Flip the schedules and saints be 2-0 and panthers be 0-2 and this line would be 3/3.5 where it should be.

Clearly value subjective cause not sure how one thinks there value in panthers -6..

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Morino what do you drive now?

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

You betting every game?
    lol

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Have to go back to 2014 for last time a game between these 2 was decided by more than 5. Last 3 all by a fg. Saints don't seem to have much problem outside in Carolina.

Panthers lbs are great but their secondary suspect and this be 1st time all season they face a team capable of testing them. They have allowed Tyrod and hoyer to complete 68% of their passes combined, were 29th in league last year in opponents completion percentage.

Aints d been getting torched by proficient passing attacks which panthers will never be mistaken for having and they even worse now that sCam missing his security blanket . Saints rushing d been fairly respectable, cooks didn't get off till late against them when they were worn down. They be able to sell out vs run here without much threat of getting beat on big pass plays.

Not gonna sell low on a Desperate saints team who was projected to improve but had misfortune of starting the year w 2 very tough matchups, now going against a panther team that has had 2 cakewalk opponents. Flip the schedules and saints be 2-0 and panthers be 0-2 and this line would be 3/3.5 where it should be.

Clearly value subjective cause not sure how one thinks there value in panthers -6..
    Are you saying the Vikings have a better passing game than Carolina - that's a joke, obviously Cam was going to start slow after shoulder surgery and the fact he didn't get many reps in preseason.

Your stat about Hoyer and Tyrod Taylor completing 68% of their passes is a joke, they threw 3 yard passes the whole game, Taylor and Hoyer both averaged less than 6 yards a pass, which is absolute joke in the NFL.

The concern I have is the look ahead to New England next week for Carolina, so this will be an average bet for me, but the Saints are not the same team they were last year with Brandon Cooks gone and Armstead hurt, Carolina's defense should be better this year with new additions in the secondary and the younger players improving.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Carolina is not the same team anymore and their quarterback is not the same so you have to take Brees one more time

2daBank

Damn right minny has a better passing game than panthers, not even close.. love how you get rude anyrime someone disagrees. Carry on laying inflated numbers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Such a tough game to call, 6 points is alot for division rivals such as these teams and where they are right now

Cam issue in addition to his health imo is his accuracy. It was always terrible throughout his career but was covered up with bandaids in the form of big and lumbering pass catchers.

Kelvin Benjamin and Devin funchess are glorified tight ends and Greg Olsen was his best pass catcher throughout his career as a tight end. His arm strength was amplified with deep threat ted Ginn who is now gone

Carolina made a few changes in order to encourage more passing and accuracy. So far cam is struggling to adapt

thomorino

I think the Olsen injury hurts, but I don't see it as a big issue against a bad defense New Orleans.

thomorino

Damn right minny has a better passing game than panthers, not even close.. love how you get rude anyrime someone disagrees. Carry on laying inflated numbers.
    You came into my thread and said thinking Carolina -6 has value is a joke, and now you are complaining I'm rude - I'm going to presume that's a joke.You made a stupid argument that completing 68% of your passes is impressive when you throw for 125 yards for the whole game and I called you out, it was a stupid argument and deserved to be called out.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Mark my words, Mcaffery will be uge in this game and no one has mentioned his all purpose yards threat for this matchup.

shadymcgrady

Carolina clearly the better team but these division games can be so unpredictable

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Carolina clearly the better team but these division games can be so unpredictable
    I agree with you in many cases, but Vegas had the Saints win total at 8.5 before the season started and last year the Saints had Cooks and Armstead, this year they lost both and didn't replace them. Willie Snead was an important player for the Saints too and he is not likely to play. This is a different Saints team than the one we've seen the last couple years.

shadymcgrady

To be fair, both teams are much different than yrs past. Carolina better mostly bc of kuechly but good luck. I wouldn't even know where to begin if I had to play this game

2daBank

Didn't say anything you said was a joke cause I'm not a disrespectful piece of shit. Typical angry pussy in the net

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

this is what you said banker. Nothing disrespectful just disagreeing. Typical response from OP though

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    this is what you said banker. Nothing disrespectful just disagreeing. Typical response from OP though
    Lol, I could care less, but when you say you are not sure how one thinks there is value at -6 you are saying my pick is a joke.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

New Orleans it is

thomorino

Looks like about 60% of straight bets and 80% of moneyline bets on the Saints.

1234 ... Last