thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Green Bay at Atlanta - Pick and Write-Up

I like Atlanta at -2.5, I think the line closes at -4.5. Atlanta's defense struggled early last year, but was one of the best in the NFL the second half of last year. Atlanta has the smallest defensive line in the NFL, but the defensive line is built to rush the passer, and Green Bay's offensive line has struggled with Buluga hurt and Lang gone. Green Bay's secondary is mediocre and Atlanta has been much better at home.
    Last edited by thomorino; 09-10-17 at 11:52 PM.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11854

I like the pick. Good luck.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Rushing or blitzing Rodgers is suicide. He's been one of the best QB's against a QB pressure stat basically his whole career. Atlanta's secondary was carved up by Glennon on that last drive. Meredith scores if he doesn't drop that ball. Can't see this closing on the other side of 3, let alone 4.5. Lots of Packers money should show up for a prime time game. Lots of "Super Bowl Hangover" sentiment regarding the Falcons. Just my 2 cents. BOL though...bit early to be pulling the trigger on this game. Players in nowhere near prime football shape, plenty of time for injuries.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Rushing or blitzing Rodgers is suicide. He's been one of the best QB's against a QB pressure stat basically his whole career. Atlanta's secondary was carved up by Glennon on that last drive. Meredith scores if he doesn't drop that ball. Can't see this closing on the other side of 3, let alone 4.5. Lots of Packers money should show up for a prime time game. Lots of "Super Bowl Hangover" sentiment regarding the Falcons. Just my 2 cents. BOL though...bit early to be pulling the trigger on this game. Players in nowhere near prime football shape, plenty of time for injuries.
    The Bears have a strong offensive line with Sitton, Whitehair. Green Bay's offense line with Buluga out and Lang gone is struggling, and pass rush at home and on turf is always going to be better. Green Bay's secondary lost Shields and Hyde, they are mediocre at best.
    Last edited by thomorino; 09-11-17 at 12:17 AM.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Pack secondary improved from last year.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Pack secondary improved from last year.
    Its the same secondary but last year they had injuries. Seattle's receivers are very mediocre and Seattle's offense was one of the worst in the NFL on the road, I wouldn't overreact.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Not overreacting said it before the game when everyone was screaming how bad they were.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The Bears have a strong offensive line with Sitton, Whitehair. Green Bay's offense line with Buluga out and Lang gone is struggling, and pass rush at home and on turf is always going to be better. Green Bay's secondary lost Shields and Hyde, they are mediocre at best.
    To be fair, when has Green Bay had a solid O-line? It's why Rodgers is always on the run.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    To be fair, when has Green Bay had a solid O-line? It's why Rodgers is always on the run.
    Green Bay's offensive line was one of the best in the NFL in pass protection last year, Rodgers is on the run because he holds the ball too long.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Not overreacting said it before the game when everyone was screaming how bad they were.
    Dix is a pro bowl talent and Burnett is solid, but King is a rookie and House is mediocre, the depth isn't there after that, they have 1 pro bowl players in the secondary and a lot of young and mediocre players, the defensive line and pass rush is also very mediocre after Daniels.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1914

I'm taking the Over 53.5 on this game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Both teams played terribly yesterday. The difference? Green Bay played at home, while the Falcons were on the road. There may be 700 yards gained by both of these teams throwing the ball, and 100 yards gained on the ground by both of these teams. Atlanta has the tougher schedule, so this game could mean more to them. Obviously the best week 2 game on the schedule. A lot of money will be played on this game, but none of mine.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

what about the losing sbowl team playing like shit? Is it too early for that?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Absolutely love Atlanta on the Moneyline

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

No value

Jay85
    Jay85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

Packers ML

Packers big improvement in the secondary not to mention falcons didn't look to impressive vs bears.

Oh and revenge for the NFL championship game.

Packers 37
    Falcons 31