pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Why is Seattle green bay highest total on board?

Total for Seattle Green Bay set at 51, highest total on the board Sunday....I understand 2 great quarterbacks but one would assume Seattle has the best defense in the league was the odds makers talking about Willis over must be the play

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I thought Raiders/Titans was the highest? Falcons game is around 51 too.

Seahawk's D is good at home. Pats D was ranked #1 this week and we seen how that worked out.
    Last edited by Kermit; 09-09-17 at 12:52 AM.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

In my opinion, which isn't too much this early in the season, the Seattle defense is being over rated.

The sharp forecast has Green Bay winning with 41 points to Seattle's 31 points.

The forecast stacking percentages give Seattle the win 24 to 21. The non predictive public gauge has Green Bay winning 24 to 20.

The line is between the sharp forecast and the others and has moved upward on public pressure, and in line with the sharp forecast. The market is not very sophisticated here with money looking at the sharp forecast not really coming until week 5, where the forecast should perform well against the money line and spread, but the Total will be a different story.

Again, it's only week 1 and we have little information, but that sharp forecast being out of line of the others does tell us something about the higher offered total, and it's increased possibility of beating the unsophisticated market.

Again, I think the Seattle defense is being over rated in the other numbers and the high sharp forecast, along with the public liking their Overs, has helped move this line onto 51.

pilebuck13

Kvb 9-10 probably see a under there

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Kvb 9-10 probably see a under there
    That's part of the significance of 51, the nearly automatic Under play.

Recent rule changes favoring the offense and receivers are changing that auto tune.

The Under play could be behind the times.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I have no play yet, but see that these factors will be included in any market analysis. It's just so early in the season and the only money we see flowing by this game will be Sunday morning. I doubt we get a full slate of confirmed morning results before this game starts, even at the 4:25 time slot.

Games take forever anymore.

pilebuck13

It just jumped out at me that's all

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I agree, those numbers putting the game around 45 or so are going to be more common. Hitting that 51 is pretty high.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You have a game in Green Bay, in about as perfect a weather condition as you can get outdoors. You have a team in Green Bay that basically has no defense at all, and a team in Seattle where the black players on defense are too busy running their mouths and getting their tails arrested to worry about football. Pete Carroll has always been the type of HC that basically lets his players run amok. No difference here. Last season, Green Bay pinned 38 on Seattle. A repeat of that should be enough to send the game over the number.

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You have a game in Green Bay, in about as perfect a weather condition as you can get outdoors. You have a team in Green Bay that basically has no defense at all, and a team in Seattle where the black players on defense are too busy running their mouths and getting their tails arrested to worry about football. Pete Carroll has always been the type of HC that basically lets his players run amok. No difference here. Last season, Green Bay pinned 38 on Seattle. A repeat of that should be enough to send the game over the number.
    Love it big daddy

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5405

GB totals have been high for the past few years with their terrible defense and propensity to put up offensive numbers trying to overcome their defense.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Don Cappers has owned Russell Wilson, even when his defenses suck overall whatever he does vs Wilson seems to work.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Don Cappers has owned Russell Wilson, even when his defenses suck overall whatever he does vs Wilson seems to work.
    Not sure why everyone saying gb defense sucks honestly. Think they gonna be much improved especially in secondary.