Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Lions Matthew Stafford highest paid QB WTF?

Why would Detroit do this isn't the team fuked now? Probally be better to let e go get decent QB and fix the Offense and D lines

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

Specially now they are more of a 50 run team takes away the need for a gunslinger plus theres no one to throw to.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Golden Taint and Eric Ebron respectable

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

LoL EB cant catch a ball

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep just like they fukked their selves in the ass with Barry Sanders

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

Lions fans are freaking weve seen this happen in indi with luk now the lions are doing it its a recipe for a long losing years. I always though they could use a game manager and juice up the offensive line

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Prolly sweep the Vikes

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Derek Carrs new contract upset the whole market. Every name QB will become the highest paid as their contracts are renewed.

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

with the contract locked up he will suck hard this year.

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Derek Carrs new contract upset the whole market. Every name QB will become the highest paid as their contracts are renewed.
    if brady is a free agent this year, he is a 250 million $ qb.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    Lions fans are freaking weve seen this happen in indi with luk now the lions are doing it its a recipe for a long losing years. I always though they could use a game manager and juice up the offensive line
    You see what garbage "game managers" are going for these days? Maybe they could afford one elite tackle w that crap qb instead of stafford who has been carrying this team to respectability for last few years. Promise lions win more games w stafford than glennon and a olineman ..

The money all relative, as much about timing and value of the position than the pointless exercise of is he worth more than player x, fact is you can't have player x and if you don't pay stafford gl for the next 5 years as you try and find a suitable replacement with half the talent..

Try this.

Name me 10 dudes playing qb at a higher level right now, don't think it be as easy as you think.,

Now name me whoever the fukk lions can go get to play qb at even a competent level? There a lot of teams that would happily trade their shitbag qb for stafford and this contract right now.,

If you still think it too much and a mistake, just wait till next year when cousins tops this deal, then who has a "bargain"? Lol

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Every time this seems to happen in sports its never the best player in that sport, many times its not even a top 10 player.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

Lions should of restart there team and go for draft and hope for a QB in draft this team is goin no were idk why they are trying to hold on to a team that has done nothing.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Every time this seems to happen in sports its never the best player in that sport, many times its not even a top 10 player.
    Gonna be cousins next. Far less deserving and not as talented as stafford.

Floodgates open these mediocre tools who are blessed w 1000 rules to protect them and ensure we see points in these games have figured out while the position has gotten much easier to play it has also become overwhelmingly important to have one of the 15 or so guys capable of making the throws and dissecting what defenses throwing at them Quickly.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Jake Rudock.... Stafford's backup is producing the best backup preseason numbers than any Detroit Lions QB in the last 15 years.

But... they believe Stafford is the one?

I think Rudock is the one....

Laugh if you will... he reminds me a lot of how Steve Young use to play earlier in his career.

Tennis_Guru_2
    Tennis_Guru_2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

Ruddock could be the hidden gem . If Stafford had the O-line like Brady , could better than Brady . But they will never attract the attention of the best O-Line players like New England . Put Brady in Detroit with Detroits O line , and I bet Brady is not a Super Bowl winner !!!

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

I'm the biggest U of M fan you'll meet & a diehard Lion fan, Jake Rudock is not the answer. The answer is Stafford. He's a Top 10 QB and it's what the market dictated. Every single competent QB that has their contract expire will become the highest paid player in the league.
    Last edited by MMANick; 08-29-17 at 03:17 PM.

Tennis_Guru_2
    Tennis_Guru_2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

Good point , but let's hope MSU regroups this year and whips U of M and Harbaugh. Lol

MMANick

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis_Guru_2 View Post
    Good point , but let's hope MSU regroups this year and whips U of M and Harbaugh. Lol
    That would destroy me!!

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    I'm the biggest U of M fan you'll meet & a diehard Lion fan, Jake Rudock is not the answer. The answer is Stafford. He's a Top 10 QB and it's what the market dictated. Every single competent QB that has their contract expire will become the highest paid player in the league.
    He's good and has good stats, my thing though if I was an owner would be if I pay him this do I envision a Super Bowl appearance during this contract, if not and if he wont sign for less then if you pay him this much how are you gonna build a good enough team to get there since they are not at that point now nor on the cusp from what I can see.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Paying your Qb Will be the growing trend. Highest paid player was Carr. Not really about him being the best in the league, it's just when his contract was up.

MMANick

He's good and has good stats, my thing though if I was an owner would be if I pay him this do I envision a Super Bowl appearance during this contract, if not and if he wont sign for less then if you pay him this much how are you gonna build a good enough team to get there since they are not at that point now nor on the cusp from what I can see.
    They've made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years, I think they're moving in the right direction. Which is tough for a heartbroken Lion fan to say lol

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

By today's standards he is good but not great. Look at guys like Flacco who get overpaid for a great year or so then suck. At least he won a Superbowl. Stafford has won nothing. He might not have great talent now but he had Megatron for most of his career and still won nothing. Aaron Rodgers has won with zero defense and a poor running game. The owners just have so much money that they will take a chance on just above average talent at QB.

MMANick

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    By today's standards he is good but not great. Look at guys like Flacco who get overpaid for a great year or so then suck. At least he won a Superbowl. Stafford has won nothing. He might not have great talent now but he had Megatron for most of his career and still won nothing. Aaron Rodgers has won with zero defense and a poor running game. The owners just have so much money that they will take a chance on just above average talent at QB.
    I think he proved last year that he can do it without Megatron. I used to think he benefitted from CJ, but I'm not sure anymore.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

An O line , a couple players on defense and Detroit's a power house............

2daBank

Ok I get your point but far better for franchise to be a perennial playoff contender than back to the paper bag days of old. Team competes, fans maintain interest, dome sold out 8 times a year, jersey sales good. Everyone happy. If they want a championship they gonna have to draft better and get the pieces around him, a defense would be a big step in the right direction. Offensively if Abdullah can finally stay healthy I think they good enough to play w anyone any given Sunday. Look what atl did with their defense in 2 years time mostly thru the draft. Certainly possible but again I suspect upper management fairly happy w way things are in Detroit right now.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Ok I get your point but far better for franchise to be a perennial playoff contender than back to the paper bag days of old. Team competes, fans maintain interest, dome sold out 8 times a year, jersey sales good. Everyone happy. If they want a championship they gonna have to draft better and get the pieces around him, a defense would be a big step in the right direction. Offensively if Abdullah can finally stay healthy I think they good enough to play w anyone any given Sunday. Look what atl did with their defense in 2 years time mostly thru the draft. Certainly possible but again I suspect upper management fairly happy w way things are in Detroit right now.
    Yea I think thats the owner's mindset mostly in all sports. Pretty much try and keep the place selling out, make money and hopefully we put a decent enough product on the field to make the playoffs and fans at least wont be unhappy. About 32 teams in each sport, these billionaire owners arnt killing themselves to make the final game, its not a must and the odds are against them.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

So, what you're suggesting is.... a college QB can't get better in the off-season? And a NFL starting QB can't get worse? Right?

And tell me again why Tom Brady was sitting on the bench at Michigan?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Horrible. Another 6-10 season coming up.

maggiethebestdog

I think he proved last year that he can do it without Megatron. I used to think he benefitted from CJ, but I'm not sure anymore.
    Do what??? Barely make the playoffs and lay an egg in the 1st game???

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Horrible. Another 6-10 season coming up.
    Cmon paco you don't think he a good qb? They outta be in mix for wild card again this year. Lions offense is fine if Abdullah finally stays healthy and give stafford a run game they will be better than fine., the defense seems to be the overwhelming problem in det that they apparently have no ability to fix cause it been this way forever.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Cmon paco you don't think he a good qb? They outta be in mix for wild card again this year. Lions offense is fine if Abdullah finally stays healthy and give stafford a run game they will be better than fine., the defense seems to be the overwhelming problem in det that they apparently have no ability to fix cause it been this way forever.
    Stafford not a winner. Those stats are always inflated cause always playing from behind and he slings it 40+ times a game.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Stafford not a winner. Those stats are always inflated cause always playing from behind and he slings it 40+ times a game.
    That hasn't been his fault for some time tho. Sure back in megatrons days he would make dumb plays that would get his team behind but the last few years I'd say he has matured into a much smarter qb. Arm talent unquestionable and think his football iq is finally starting to catch up.. no qbs win on their own, I think he more than capable of leading a team deep into the playoffs a few times before this contract up..I'm sure he would be thrilled to finally have a run game good enough to keep him down around 30-35 throws a game, could happen this year I really hope Abdullah stays healthy everytime he hits a seem I think he could take it to house.. that defense tho when they gonna fix that thing? It been a mess for god knows how long..
    Points Awarded:

paco gave 2daBank 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

maggiethebestdog

That hasn't been his fault for some time tho. Sure back in megatrons days he would make dumb plays that would get his team behind but the last few years I'd say he has matured into a much smarter qb. Arm talent unquestionable and think his football iq is finally starting to catch up.. no qbs win on their own, I think he more than capable of leading a team deep into the playoffs a few times before this contract up..I'm sure he would be thrilled to finally have a run game good enough to keep him down around 30-35 throws a game, could happen this year I really hope Abdullah stays healthy everytime he hits a seem I think he could take it to house.. that defense tho when they gonna fix that thing? It been a mess for god knows how long..
    It's amazing how low the bar is for what defines a great player in any sport. Aaron Rodgers has had things just as bad as Stafford yet led the Pack to a Superbowl win and several deep runs in the playoffs. Stafford has never been clutch and is barely above average. People like Eli Manning aren't much better but at least have come up heroically clutch a couple times. To even suggest Stafford is a star is laughable.

1234 Last