packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

He isn't worth the money obviously the tubby little shit,but Rodgers will be asking for 30 million next extension and this contract will pale in comparison.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis_Guru_2 View Post
    You think Stafford and the Lions can get past Da Pack / Seahawks / Falcons ??? Not sure about that man .
    Not a chance in hell if it actually falls like that and they would have to play all 3!!

But hell who knows how the season gonna shake out, falcons have a tough road playing in what quickly turning into one of better divisions in NFL. Also a div that historically turns over practically every season!

Sb hangover real and could be especially tough considering how they lost that game in which they were probably making plans for Disney world in locker room at the half! Lol..

i think the offense takes a step back as well, which isn't to say they won't be very good again just don't think they be as good.

So many things not working in their favor but the one unit/reason I can't write them off is I love what they building on the defensive side, clearly all the rookies atl started on that side made great strides during the season and their improved play was big reason they finally went all way to sb, that d was stifling pats in 1st half until hoody and Brady adjusted and shredded them in 2nd (no shame in that). Now all those rookies a year older, they brought in Poe from kc to get stronger at the point of attack which they need him to play up to potential cause I think the formula is gonna be for offenses to line up and try to run it right down atl throats to wear down a incredibly fast and athletic but fairly small d.

Bears present interesting matchup week 1 since that exactly what they want to do anyways is pound the rock with Howard and play defense. Think this gonna be a sneaky tough game for atl right out the gate..

fox has built this bears team into the kind of team he has always been successful with a smashmouth run game and very good defense. When he molds his teams into this he tends to have a lot of success as a dog shortening the game and keeping it close enough they have a chance in the 4th when opposing teams tend to tire against his physical squads. Biggest key gonnna be glennon avoiding mistakes that would put bears in a bad position and simply making a few throws to move the chains at key times. The loss of Meredith hurts and will prob keep me from playing bears. I already locked in the u51 tho as that seems way high, I doubt we see another total this high at soldier field all season.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    He isn't worth the money obviously the tubby little shit,but Rodgers will be asking for 30 million next extension and this contract will pale in comparison.
    Cousins gonna beat staffords deal next year. They all worth the money cause if you don't pay him your team is the Browns for the next decade until they find a qb.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13502

stafford completions gona be fiiiiiiire this year

Tennis_Guru_2
    Tennis_Guru_2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

Stafford really has the message board on fire today . Big contract really pisses a lot of people off . Look , Bob Quinn had no choice , if he does not sign Stafford , they rebuild and start all over , like taking 2 steps back for a football team . Not worth the risk . Pay the man and hope it does not end like Joe Flacco. My prediction , Stafford wins his first playoff game this year fits into his massive contract .

Chicago bears - come on man !!! They absolutely suck and paid a bum Glennon big money . He was terrible at Tampa and will suck at Chicago . Mitch is not ready . Cutler was a punching bag at Chicago and had a huge contract to get killed from a collapsing O-Line...Da bums will be at the bottom of the NFC north for the next 5 years . The Head coach has been accused of running a close knit fraternity of friends as opposed to trying to build a winning team . Da bears and da browns are both in the da dumpster !!!! Take that 2dabank !!!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post

You're right, he isn't 8-48 vs winning teams

He's 5-46 vs winning teams

1-26 on the road vs winning teams I think

Today was the 1st time I ever enjoyed something Rob Parker said. Stat Padford lolz

Amazing post JP! Hit the nail right on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post

So a guy who is 5-46 against teams above .500 and 1-26 on the road in those deserves to be the highest paid player in NFL history?
    Who was the dumb ass General Manager of the Lions that still gave him this MAX like DEAL after looking over these stats? What a disgrace.

I guess with Megatron and Suh off the books now... Lions can spend more?!?!?!?!? Dumb ass people who go and watch the games at Ford Field... and donate to the Ford's. Fuk them. Won't ever buy a Ford.

2daBank

Stafford really has the message board on fire today . Big contract really pisses a lot of people off . Look , Bob Quinn had no choice , if he does not sign Stafford , they rebuild and start all over , like taking 2 steps back for a football team . Not worth the risk . Pay the man and hope it does not end like Joe Flacco. My prediction , Stafford wins his first playoff game this year fits into his massive contract .

Chicago bears - come on man !!! They absolutely suck and paid a bum Glennon big money . He was terrible at Tampa and will suck at Chicago . Mitch is not ready . Cutler was a punching bag at Chicago and had a huge contract to get killed from a collapsing O-Line...Da bums will be at the bottom of the NFC north for the next 5 years . The Head coach has been accused of running a close knit fraternity of friends as opposed to trying to build a winning team . Da bears and da browns are both in the da dumpster !!!! Take that 2dabank !!!
    Your reading comprehension is as ignorant as your worthless opinions kid..can't wait to see your plays posted they outta be something
    Last edited by 2daBank; 08-30-17 at 12:34 AM.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

To be fair to him the lions were really bad for most of those games He's been pretty good last couple years

Tennis_Guru_2

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Your reading comprehension is as ignorant as your worthless opinions kid..can't wait to see your plays posted they outta be something

2dabank ,

Matt Stafford cashed in , good for him . He is a good quarterback , not the best , and not average . Somewheres in between average and great . I agree with some posters that he needs to execute in the playoffs , but with Detroits roster , it's hard to carry the entire team on your back . And that is what he has to do , carry the entire offense . Once Bob Quinn gives Matt Patricia the head coaching job next year , then Detroit will be on its way . Back to Stafford , his wins against good teams is low , very low . The stats some of you state is true . But , Stafford is a much better quarterback than : Cutler/ Glennon/ Tannehill/ Cousins/ Carr/ current day Flacco / ... If you disagree , then you obviously have not watched Stafford for many seasons.. Stafford could be as good , if not better than Rogers / Brady , but Stafford needs a O line and D line to win . No single man can carry a football team . Hard to attract superior talent to a team who has never won a super bowl . Bob Quinn will turn the Lions around , you will see this season.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13209

^IDK how you lumped Carr in that category, guy was on his way to MVP before the injury, then signed a huge contract in the off season and hes been in the league just a couple of years. Flacco only won a SB because of defense and he played Kaepernick. Look at fanduel draftking salary prices to see who really is a stud. Matt Ryan, Rodgers, Carr at the tip

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Cousins gonna beat staffords deal next year. They all worth the money cause if you don't pay him your team is the Browns for the next decade until they find a qb.
    Browns are a weird case,I actually want to see them finally rise up,and get back to some remnants of a successful team,think most NFL fans do.

2dabank ,

Matt Stafford cashed in , good for him . He is a good quarterback , not the best , and not average . Somewheres in between average and great . I agree with some posters that he needs to execute in the playoffs , but with Detroits roster , it's hard to carry the entire team on your back . And that is what he has to do , carry the entire offense . Once Bob Quinn gives Matt Patricia the head coaching job next year , then Detroit will be on its way . Back to Stafford , his wins against good teams is low , very low . The stats some of you state is true . But , Stafford is a much better quarterback than : Cutler/ Glennon/ Tannehill/ Cousins/ Carr/ current day Flacco / ... If you disagree , then you obviously have not watched Stafford for many seasons.. Stafford could be as good , if not better than Rogers / Brady , but Stafford needs a O line and D line to win . No single man can carry a football team . Hard to attract superior talent to a team who has never won a super bowl . Bob Quinn will turn the Lions around , you will see this season.
    Say what,better then Brady and Rodgers,wheres Rodgers DLine eh,some Quarterbacks are good enough they can carry a team on their back,Stafford according to you needs everything perfect to succeed.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 08-30-17 at 11:14 AM.

Tennis_Guru_2

Carr is on a better team obviously , better coach , better organization , better offensive coordinator , put Carr on the Detroit lions O Line , it would be different type of Carr no one would recognize him, probably would have never been to the pro bowl x 2 . Stafford is a better pure passer / accuracy / reminds me of Dan Marino but with more scramble ability .Stafford carries the team on his back . Carr is integrated in his team , big difference . Carr is awesome and possibly was robbed of AFC title due to injury . Carr was knocked out by injury , Stafford played thru injury . Carr will probably win AFC this year . Stafford will probably come up short . Put Carr on Detroit last year , Detroit does not make playoffs . The season is close , let's see how it goes !!

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Didn't he have 7 or more come from behind wins last year?

Tennis_Guru_2

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    Exactly , Carr could have never accomplished that amazing stat .

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    ^IDK how you lumped Carr in that category, guy was on his way to MVP before the injury, then signed a huge contract in the off season and hes been in the league just a couple of years. Flacco only won a SB because of defense and he played Kaepernick. Look at fanduel draftking salary prices to see who really is a stud. Matt Ryan, Rodgers, Carr at the tip
    This is why it is impossible to debate things on this site. Flacco certainly isn't worth what they paid him, but to say he won a SB with defense could not be more factually incorrect. His playoff run that year was historic and the offense won with a poor defense. He was the stud and top performer on the team. Same thing with Eli Manning. His first SB year his D was dominant but he also played great. The second SB run he was the stud with an average defense. This is not my opinion. It is historical fact.

How do you debate football with people who know nothing about it??? Opinions are one thing, but when facts mean nothing it is pointless. Like I said, I don't think Flacco or Manning are worth what they are paid but at least they have accomplished something. Apparently that means nothing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    Come from behind when in the game is the question. Are those last drive, 4th quarter come from behind or what.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

So a guy who is 5-46 against teams above .500 and 1-26 on the road in those deserves to be the highest paid player in NFL history?
    Is he really that shitty?

Whoa......

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Is he really that shitty?

Whoa......
    Great QB's can easily have losing records against winning teams. If you look at career stats few have a great record there. But Stafford's is so bad it goes to the point that he is average at best. People say they are better off with him than a scrub??? Why?? He gives them virtually no chance of winning a playoff game. Also, when did Brees have a great team around him?? Even Rivers, who at least has some playoff wins. Neither had a great running game or defense. Trade him or invest elsewhere. They also could have franchised him or let him play out his contract year. Decisions like that are why teams like the Lions always suck. The only redeeming quality about Stafford is that by all accounts he is a great guy.

Tennis_Guru_2

I forgot , everyone here is as qualified as Bob Quinn who left New England Patriots for a team that needed some serious management guidance . I am sure Bob Quinn gave his approval on the contract on Matt Stafford . I am sure everyone here is as Qualified as Bob Quinn . Everyone knows best !! Facts are facts , he is currently the highest paid player in NFL . I understand change is hard for you guys , but accept it already !!!

Yes , Stafford led Detroit to 7-8 late come backs , Derek Carr could have never done that !!!

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Lions pk Week1 at Ford Field over Cardinals
    seems low

amiwrong ?

maggiethebestdog

I forgot , everyone here is as qualified as Bob Quinn who left New England Patriots for a team that needed some serious management guidance . I am sure Bob Quinn gave his approval on the contract on Matt Stafford . I am sure everyone here is as Qualified as Bob Quinn . Everyone knows best !! Facts are facts , he is currently the highest paid player in NFL . I understand change is hard for you guys , but accept it already !!!

Yes , Stafford led Detroit to 7-8 late come backs , Derek Carr could have never done that !!!
    Bob Quinn's experience is in scouting. He never negotiated contracts at NE. You think he would have convinced Kraft to pay an average veteran QB with an 0-3 playoff record that contract???

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Lions pk Week1 at Ford Field over Cardinals
    seems low

amiwrong ?
    Your angle is right on

1. Detroit will be trying to find their identity in week 1. They still don't know who the hell they are.

2. Arizona will be trying to actually win a game. They know who they are.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    To be fair to him the lions were really bad for most of those games He's been pretty good last couple years
    That's a reasonable statement.

This is my concern....

1. Are you making him the highest paid QB because he's the face of your franchise now?

2. He is a likable person off camera. White boy... face of the Detroit Lions... Ok... I get it.

3. Every team needs a "main man" type.

I just don't think they did this contract on pure talent. It's like hey... we've decided we want you to be the FACE OF THE LIONS. He's even doing some Ford Truck commercials now. Apparently, has that country look to him?

But on pure talent alone on the football field... He's not even in a top 10 class. And that's very sad.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

That above. 500 stat means nothing to me. What was the record of those teams at the end of the season not at the time he played them?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    That above. 500 stat means nothing to me. What was the record of those teams at the end of the season not at the time he played them?
    LB... those stats are right on.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    LB... those stats are right on.
    Hopefully someone can answer my question.

jtoler

Thats exactly what the stat is, I just didnt put it in there. That stat is against teams that finished above .500 at the end of the season. Thats what Rob Parker specifically said in the video, "teams that finished over .500 at the end of the season". So its over .500, I guess not meaning even records included? Not sure.
    Last edited by jtoler; 08-30-17 at 06:18 PM.

maggiethebestdog

Hopefully someone can answer my question.
    That stat is for teams with a winning record at the end of the season.
    Now we must realize only a couple guys have good records using that criteria but Stafford's is so low it is frightening. Last year his defense was 13th best in the NFL for points allowed and his offense was 20th in points scored. He has had some bad defenses but it is not accurate to say he has generated a lot of points as a QB.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    That stat is for teams with a winning record at the end of the season.
    Now we must realize only a couple guys have good records using that criteria but Stafford's is so low it is frightening. Last year his defense was 13th best in the NFL for points allowed and his offense was 20th in points scored. He has had some bad defenses but it is not accurate to say he has generated a lot of points as a QB.
    Thats true, there is a short list for qbs who will have winning records against teams finishing above .500 at the end of the year. Matt's is putrid. All Im saying regardless of what has been around him, and its not like he's on the Browns, he hasnt been on the worst teams, paying a guy that much with that record is laughable to me. Have nothing against him, Id love to have him if I owned a team, all Im saying is you give a guy the highest contract in history that then that guy should be able to win even with a bad team.

Tennis_Guru_2

You guys sure are Lions / Stafford haters ! My prediction , Stafford fits into his contract this year and wins NFC north . They get into NFC championship and lose to Atlanta . Atlanta wins it all this year. Matt Ryan is a better quarterback , will that pacify you guys ? Lol

maggiethebestdog

You guys sure are Lions / Stafford haters ! My prediction , Stafford fits into his contract this year and wins NFC north . They get into NFC championship and lose to Atlanta . Atlanta wins it all this year. Matt Ryan is a better quarterback , will that pacify you guys ? Lol
    Would just like to see above average play for the highest paid layer in the league. I guess that is asking too much.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Lions couldn't win playoff game wen they had a top run defense and Suh how the fuk would they win it now with a bad defense and bad offense?

lakerboy

Thats true, there is a short list for qbs who will have winning records against teams finishing above .500 at the end of the year. Matt's is putrid. All Im saying regardless of what has been around him, and its not like he's on the Browns, he hasnt been on the worst teams, paying a guy that much with that record is laughable to me. Have nothing against him, Id love to have him if I owned a team, all Im saying is you give a guy the highest contract in history that then that guy should be able to win even with a bad team.
    The contact means nothing. It's just timing.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13209

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    This is why it is impossible to debate things on this site. Flacco certainly isn't worth what they paid him, but to say he won a SB with defense could not be more factually incorrect. His playoff run that year was historic and the offense won with a poor defense. He was the stud and top performer on the team. Same thing with Eli Manning. His first SB year his D was dominant but he also played great. The second SB run he was the stud with an average defense. This is not my opinion. It is historical fact.

How do you debate football with people who know nothing about it??? Opinions are one thing, but when facts mean nothing it is pointless. Like I said, I don't think Flacco or Manning are worth what they are paid but at least they have accomplished something. Apparently that means nothing.
    I don't remember the defense but historically the Ravens have had good defense, I don't actually remember the defense being played that day nor would I look at the numbers because the eye test is > everything I don't go around yelling FACTS!!1! either. All I remember it was a easy cash that day because I specifically said Kaep wasn't good enough to even be in that position he was in and he didn't deliver. Flacco is good but could be lumped in with the staffords, cousins, etc. Stop getting so caught up in your feelings

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    I don't remember the defense but historically the Ravens have had good defense, I don't actually remember the defense being played that day nor would I look at the numbers because the eye test is > everything I don't go around yelling FACTS!!1! either. All I remember it was a easy cash that day because I specifically said Kaep wasn't good enough to even be in that position he was in and he didn't deliver. Flacco is good but could be lumped in with the staffords, cousins, etc. Stop getting so caught up in your feelings
    Thanks for proving my point. You admittedly have no clue what you are talking about. I said Flacco was overpaid. So now you say he could be lumped in with Stafford and Cousins??? Are you fuckkinn kidding me??? He swept the playoffs and won a fucckkin Superbowl!!!! He was dominant. That doesn't put him in the stratosphere above those 2 clowns you mentioned?? Like I said, people who know nothing about football shouldn't debate it. A dominant Superbowl QB is now the same as 2 bums who between them have how many playoff wins??? BY the way, Kap had a bad 1st half but had a stellar 2nd half and put up 31 pts on the board. Somehow in your mind that means he was at fault, not his defense and special teams who got torched all game. Unfucckin believable.

First 1234 Last