tennisbet
    tennisbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Any Detroit Lions fans here ? What do you guys think about Matthew Stafford ?

Can Stafford get this team to the Super Bowl ? Or do they not have enough weapons besides the great Stafford ( soon to be the highest paid player in NFL ) ?

tennisbet

After 50 plus views and no comments , i guess nobody like Detroit ! Lol

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Detroit lacks the talent necessary to finish above Green Bay, much less a Head Coach who has the ability to lead the team to any kind of Championship.

tennisbet

I appreciate your honesty ..sometimes it is hard to see the truth when one is biased(me) . I am praying Ameer Abdullah has a break out season , Stafford is on fire , Ebron /Tate / Marvin Jones/ Galloway get massive receptions . Can't stand the pack !!

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 182

Well he threw pk his only series

tennisbet

Preseason usually means nothing . But Galloway looks good for a rookie receiver .

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19416

That division reminds me of the AFC East
    As long as Brady is playing, no suspense Patriots win the division

As long as Aaron Rodgers is in Green Bay, Packers win the division

No disrespect to Matthew Stafford, he still is a pretty good quarterback

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

love detroit man. stafford is my type of QB. they will do have a decent season. they will be undervalued early

CHOICE
    CHOICE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    That division reminds me of the AFC East
    As long as Brady is playing, no suspense Patriots win the division
    As long as Aaron Rodgers is in Green Bay, Packers win the division

No disrespect to Matthew Stafford, he still is a pretty good quarterback
    Vikings won division in 2015.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32273

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Detroit lacks the talent necessary to finish above Green Bay, much less a Head Coach who has the ability to lead the team to any kind of Championship.
    Pretty much nailed it.
    When Megatron, one of the greatest wide receivers in the history of the game quits the game because he realizes nobody in the front office either gives a shit about winning or is clueless on how to put together a contending team, well what's that say.

Regarding Stafford, if he was a starter on a team with good coaching, and some offensive weapons he'd be a post season QB, he has a lot of talent.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32273

Quote Originally Posted by CHOICE View Post
    Vikings won division in 2015.
    Would have loved to see a 16 game, healthy, Teddy Bridgewater in 2016.
    Teddy had a perfect storm in 2015, a top 5 tight end in Rudolph, Diggs was making every catch, and AP running for like, what? 1500 yards.
    Teddy was also throwing to AP also twice, three times a game.

Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Detriot like cleveland has yet earned the right to be in the superbowl although i would say the lions have a chance to be in the playoffs this year unlike cleveland clowns uh i mean Cleveland browns

tennisbet

Lions let Suh and Johnson both get away . Both bad ideas to let one of the best defense player in Suh and best receiver off the team in Johnson .

CHOICE

Quote Originally Posted by tennisbet View Post
    Lions let Suh and Johnson both get away . Both bad ideas to let one of the best defense player in Suh and best receiver off the team in Johnson .
    Yet the Lions went to the playoffs last season without both of them. As good as Calvin was he is a choke artist and Suh was a sociopath that disappeared in games.

The Lions 2nd year GM Bob Quinn is the real deal and he is giving Stafford the same treatment that Flacco got in 2014. Win or GTFO.. should light a fire under his ass. Lions are better across the board than last season and should make the playoffs and could possibly do some damage in the playoffs. NFC wide open this year.

MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

Stafford was not worth a #1 overall. He is oft-injured and choked in playoff games, even if he puts up decent states.

A superbowl? I doubt it.

tennisbet

2 years ago the referees ripped Detroit off by not calling a massive pass interference call that turned the game versus Dallas . Last year , they were just a weak team that had no chance versus Seattle . See what happens this year . Green Bay will be weak this year , ready for the Lions to take this division once and for all !

CHOICE

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPond View Post
    Stafford was not worth a #1 overall. He is oft-injured and choked in playoff games, even if he puts up decent states.

A superbowl? I doubt it.
    1) Stafford hasn't missed a game in 6 straight seasons. That's often injured to you?

2) The 2009 draft was awful. Stafford clearly deserved to be #1 OA unless you think Sanchez or Aaron Curry would've been the better selection?

You really don't have a clue.

MoonPond

Quote Originally Posted by CHOICE View Post
    1) Stafford hasn't missed a game in 6 straight seasons. That's often injured to you?

2) The 2009 draft was awful. Stafford clearly deserved to be #1 OA unless you think Sanchez or Aaron Curry would've been the better selection?

You really don't have a clue.
    I have much, much higher standards for quarterback. Guys like Tannehill, Bradford and Stafford will never win superbowls. The worst QB I've seen win one was Flacco, and even then it took a great team and him getting hot in the post-season to do so. I'd release every one of them, or trade them for valuable/young longterm players.

He deserved to be #1 overall in that awful draft. I think most would agree they'd of been better off trading that pick for next year's... Fan outrage aside.

MoonPond

The only thing that matters to me is winning superbowls. Stafford can't.

tennisbet

Stafford has the ability to win a Super Bowl , he just needs a supporting cast. If the defense is average and the offensive line can't stop the gaps , then of course the team will be in trouble . This is his last year in Detroit unless they sign him to extension or franchise him next year . He probably wants to go to Dallas or Houston the following year , since he is from Texas .

tennisbet

Also , if Detroit does not re-sign Stafford , then the franchise is officially done and should be sold to a new owner that wants to win . Barry Sanders ( retired) , Calvin Johnson ( retired) , Suh ( Miami ) , Stafford (??) , Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson probably the best running back and receiver all time . Suh wanted warm weather since he is from Haiti . See what happens with Stafford .

Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tennisbet View Post
    Stafford has the ability to win a Super Bowl , he just needs a supporting cast. If the defense is average and the offensive line can't stop the gaps , then of course the team will be in trouble . This is his last year in Detroit unless they sign him to extension or franchise him next year . He probably wants to go to Dallas or Houston the following year , since he is from Texas .
    Not a chance he goes to dallas since they have dak Prescott unless he gets injured.