daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

NFL Source: Kaepernick Turned Down At Least 1 Contract To Play Up The Race Card

Well this is a game changer. Kaepernick playing up the race card for a better contract

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/07/nf...the-race-card/

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The guy is basically an attention seeker he has to accept the white man is in charge and get back to an NFL career

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

when this gets reported for real on a real news site instead of a partisan website founded by the guy who replaced Bill O'Reilly on Fox news then I might believe it.

I seriously doubt this was real. If it was, Clayton/Shefter/King would have been on this story. If it was real the NFL would have busted this story out as soon as it happened and a team would be identified.

This is bullshit for the gullible, pure and simple.

anonymous sources. broken by a partisan site that doesn't specialize in sports AND doesn't have HALF the information access/network as people who would have jumped on this story. Doesn't pass any of "the smell" tests. Especially since the NFL would LOVE for this to be true. The NFL meaning 32 team owners, meaning one them that actually offered the contract. NO FRICKING WAY this would be kept secret. It benefits the NFL too much if this was true and would instantly shut down any negative slapback against the NFL for blackballing.

What really cracks me up is you believed this.

And for the record, I support any team that decides not to sign him based on his protests alone. It's a business decision they are free to make. Just like Kap is free to do his thing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28986

Fake news

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Kap is 1/2 white like Obama

common among folks like that... They hate 1/2 of themselves'

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I can see validity in this. They point to the talking head he's got for a girlfriend, I can see her taking advantage of this to promote herself as well....

Frankly I'd assume Kap is too fukking stupid to think on his own or make a decision without consulting a 3rd party. Since he dropped his agent, the girl must be the boss!

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

It's a privilege to play in the NFL, not a right.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

That girlfriend of his has really fukked up his head.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

click-bait..nowhere does it even state an official legit offer was extended to him, just hinted at salary demands and his agent stating he won't take the vet minimum

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: emoney

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    click-bait..nowhere does it even state an official legit offer was extended to him, just hinted at salary demands and his agent stating he won't take the vet minimum
    It's pretty obvious to infer that Seattle offered a veterans minimum and Kap rejected it asking for starter type money. Carroll took the high road in the press release, but reading between the lines it's obvious he's willing to backup so long as he's paid like a starter, and he's not going to get a chance to start until someone gets hurt- at which time the backup on the roster will take that spot and Kap will once again be offered a league minimum contract to back up mid season. That's my take from that story...Kap is in a cycle of negotiation that starts and ends with him negotiating with himself (or that crazy girl) to no end.

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    It's pretty obvious to infer that Seattle offered a veterans minimum and Kap rejected it asking for starter type money. Carroll took the high road in the press release, but reading between the lines it's obvious he's willing to backup so long as he's paid like a starter, and he's not going to get a chance to start until someone gets hurt- at which time the backup on the roster will take that spot and Kap will once again be offered a league minimum contract to back up mid season. That's my take from that story...Kap is in a cycle of negotiation that starts and ends with him negotiating with himself (or that crazy girl) to no end.

No way this story is real. NFL would not keep this secret. They would shout it from the rooftops to stop people from using the blackballed talk. Plus Seattle already has Sherman, they don't need another lightening rod.

I would believe that Seattle MIGHT have talked money with CK but nowhere NEAR in the aspect of making a legitimate offer. And even if you want believe that far, how is it the race card that he believed that he is worth more than minimum. That part right there is another big red flag for a bullshit story.

Bottom line. The story is complete fabrication. WAY to many things just don't add up. And I'm not shocked but still a little surprised that people on here are buying it. When the flags are so obvious.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Gotta love the anonymous source stories. Sounds like bs to me but it will give some douchebags like cowerd and skippy something to rant about on their shit shows.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

It sure looks fishy. I wouldn't be surprised if it was totally false or if it dead nuts true. These people are all liars.

Think about how bad the QB quality in the NFL is even for starters. Backups in this league are one step away from an over 40 rec flag league. Who fuuucckkin cares.

All of these people are attention whores. They have had their asses kissed all of their life. When the attention stops for athletic performances they must reinvent themselves to remain relevant. The easiest way today to get attention is play the race card. Most of the league is black so it obviously is about risk reward. Is his talent good enough to overcome the possible fan backlash. Apparently it isn't to most teams. Not that complicated. Who fuuucckkin cares.
    Last edited by maggiethebestdog; 08-08-17 at 05:36 PM.

MinnesotaFats

LOL

Now TMZ citing unnamed sources inside Kap camp denying contract talks and or rejection of contract.

I bet this really happened, they are letting it fester, they will drum up racial support, then file a massive collusion and/or harassment charge against NFL.

This is going to be great- he's going to use PR to screw himself out of a job like Kris Kluwe.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I think Seattle offered him a minimum contract and he turned it down. The question is did he do it becauae he thought he was worth more than a min contract or to continue being a social justice mayrtar? The way the Seattle & Baltimore situations went down were bizarre. Not actions of someone who is trying to get hired.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11922

Trump said this is fake news and he knows FAKE NEWS

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

probably not the best idea to have your girlfriend handle your contract negotiations.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

According to Ray Lewis on Inside the NFL, the Ravens didn't sign free agent Colin Kaepernick because of a "racist gesture" his girlfriend posted on Twitter last month.

There's a lot to unpack here. "We [Lewis and Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti] were talking about giving this kid an opportunity to get back in the NFL," Lewis said. "I have been fighting for this kid behind the table like nobody has. ... I've never been against Colin Kaepernick. But I am against the way he’s done it. Then, his [girlfriend] goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn’t know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed. Bisciotti has said it himself, 'How can you crucify Ray Lewis when Ray Lewis is the one calling for Colin Kaepernick?' ... We were going to close the deal to sign him. And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day." The picture can be seen at the following link.
    Related: Ravens

Source: Deadspin
    Sep 5 - 11:23 PM

Tennis_Guru_2
    Tennis_Guru_2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

Kaepernick and his drama appear finished . Plenty of people will take that money and behave with no drama. This is the NFL , act like men already , not like little girls with political views !!!

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Fukk this Kap clown...he should just dive in the eye of Irma

Sam Odom

did Kap really do that ??

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    did Kap really do that ??
    Problem Sammy was he began dating this militant black bitch....ruined him

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post

Problem Sammy was he began dating this militant black bitch....ruined him
    QFT

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    According to Ray Lewis on Inside the NFL, the Ravens didn't sign free agent Colin Kaepernick because of a "racist gesture" his girlfriend posted on Twitter last month.

There's a lot to unpack here. "We [Lewis and Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti] were talking about giving this kid an opportunity to get back in the NFL," Lewis said. "I have been fighting for this kid behind the table like nobody has. ... I've never been against Colin Kaepernick. But I am against the way he’s done it. Then, his [girlfriend] goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn’t know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed. Bisciotti has said it himself, 'How can you crucify Ray Lewis when Ray Lewis is the one calling for Colin Kaepernick?' ... We were going to close the deal to sign him. And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day." The picture can be seen at the following link.
    Related: Ravens

Source: Deadspin
    Sep 5 - 11:23 PM
    Once again Ray Lewis is the victim. What a shock that he would make himself the main focus of a story about Kap. I don't want to be too hard on Lewis, though. It's not like he has ever murdered anyone, other than the 2 guys he stabbed to death.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    It's not like he has ever murdered anyone, other than the 2 guys he stabbed to death.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

That tweet .......

PS- When the hell did Ray Lewis become GM of the Ravens?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    That tweet .......
    PS- When the hell did Ray Lewis become GM of the Ravens?
    and who gives a shit what his girlfriend posts? That's like Cleveland saying they wouldn't take Lebron back because his wife didn't like the city.

Sam Odom

@ Mac4Lyfe

If the wife/GF of a white player posted/tweet some racially insensitive stuff he would be the 1st crying foul

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    and who gives a shit what his girlfriend posts? That's like Cleveland saying they wouldn't take Lebron back because his wife didn't like the city.
    This might be the first case of a player not getting signed because of something that they didn't even do. Having said that, if all of this is true and the Ravens didn't sign Kaepernick just because of her tweet, then I would toss that bitch off of a building. And even if she did send that tweet out after the Ravens had decided to pass on Kap and Ray Lewis is lying, she probably killed Kap's chances of ever playing in the NFL again as no owner is going to want to deal with that kind of shit.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    This might be the first case of a player not getting signed because of something that they didn't even do. Having said that, if all of this is true and the Ravens didn't sign Kaepernick just because of her tweet, then I would toss that bitch off of a building. And even if she did send that tweet out after the Ravens had decided to pass on Kap and Ray Lewis is lying, she probably killed Kap's chances of ever playing in the NFL again as no owner is going to want to deal with that kind of shit.
    Owners can deal with wife beaters and all around pieces of shit on their teams....but a meme posted by players wife is too much to handle? Lol, I'm not buying it. They had no intention of signing him.

Mac4Lyfe

@ Mac4Lyfe
    If the wife/GF of a white player posted/tweet some racially insensitive stuff he would be the 1st crying foul
    Huh? When have you ever seen me crucify ANYONE for racially insensitive stuff SOMEONE else said? Are you know going to go after people for what their spouses, girlfriends, mother, sister, brother said? That's just stupid.

Hell, when have you heard me cry foul for racial insensitive stuff? I'll call someone a dumb ass but why would I give a shit?

Mac4Lyfe

@ Mac4Lyfe
    BTW - I thought her tweet was funny as hell. She must be pretty observant to put those 2 pictures together.

MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Owners can deal with wife beaters and all around pieces of shit on their teams....but a meme posted by players wife is too much to handle? Lol, I'm not buying it. They had no intention of signing him.
    Owners are able to keep pieces of shit on their teams because the media calling out black football players for being rapists, wife beaters and child abusers would be 'racist'. Therefore a norm and precedent was established for it.

The mainstream media's intention is not to necessarily dissuade this kind of behavior, but to work as a mouthpiece for the UN and promote multiculturalism and diversity to that end. That's why they pivot to black poverty when confronted on black crime.

12 Last