Betpoints: 8459

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Wow
    "Like WOWWWWWWW, fukkin right now...."
    - Beck

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24625

Opie, any stories of u hanging out w/ Tony + Witten? How cool would that be? 3 guys who have life by the balls.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Opie, any stories of u hanging out w/ Tony + Witten? How cool would that be? 3 guys who have life by the balls.
    "Been there, done that" - Opie1988

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Rocky

Rocket still the man...
    Points Awarded:

Russian Rocket gave opie1988 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Opie showing all the signs of a 14-year-old girl getting her heart broken.

First, his boyfriend Tony Romo ends up leaving and we're forced to read all of his melodramatic thoughts: "We love you Tony. We will miss you, my man."
    And now he's attacking the moderator for just doing their job.
    What a meltdown.
    Giant still triggered because I embarrassed the fukk out of him over those stupid ass WS futures bets he made.

Giant...look bruh...no matter how hard you wish it to happen...laying $3k on your hometown Angels to win the WS isn't a wise move. I stand by my dumbfukk comments to this day.

Giant
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave opie1988 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Retiring but still the backup QB.

Tony Romo would reportedly return to Cowboys if team ever really needed him

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tony-romo-would-reportedly-return-to-cowboys-if-team-ever-really-needed-him/

Fedup74
    Fedup74's Avatar Become A Pro!

Finally

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by Fedup74 View Post
    Finally
    You only have 18 more meaningless one liners to go to reach the 50-post count that will enable your PMs.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Romo didn't have talent around him? Step away from the crack pipe. Romo had some amazing teams and still chocked. Good QB, not great.......LOL! Now if someone would've said he had a bad HC and that prevented a possible Championship, i might agree.

astrodomer
    Houston Oilers
    astrodomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Not the case JJ, Romo would have made the Texans instant Superbowl contenders.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    WOW!! I didn't really think he'd do it.

Tony THE most underrated QB in the history of the game. One of the very best to never win a ring. Really sad that Jerry surrounded him with such shit most of his career. Its a sad day, men.

We love you Tony. We will miss you, my man.
    Stop with the love

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I wonder how much Romo will get paid doing this Broadcasting thing? He'd only retire if it was something BIG.

Any report?

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 218

Fuk him he quit.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by astrodomer View Post
    Not the case JJ, Romo would have made the Texans instant Superbowl contenders.
    They did not want him..unless for small money

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 218

Retired Cowboys QB Tony Romo has officially accepted CBS' lead analyst job.
    Romo will immediately slide in opposite Jim Nantz, replacing a much-maligned Phil Simms. Romo obviously has zero television experience, but Simms' Sunday broadcasting career began in similar fashion with NBC. It was unclear if Romo would call games on both Thursdays and Sundays, but it appears that will indeed be the case. Simms' role going forward is to be determined.
    Source: Tony Romo on Twitter Apr 4 - 3:04 PM

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Cowboys messed up not bringing him back when he was healthy. Would have beat GB, and ATL. I tried to warn the Dak lovers, but no dice. Wait until next year, and Cowboys fans will yearn for the days of Romo. I root for them secretly. Romo never got a fair shake. One of the best. Now they have an OLine, and he's gone. He never had anything around him, and a terrible D.

Oh well. I think he will do well. Though, of course he will be hated by the usual suspects.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They did not want him..unless for small money
    I assume they could have worked something out. Romo made plenty of money, and probably wants to be able to function the rest of his life.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I wonder how much Romo will get paid doing this Broadcasting thing? He'd only retire if it was something BIG.

Any report?
    That old f@ck Jerry Jones wouldn't just release,thought he could get something for him.Romo probably got fed up of waiting.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I assume they could have worked something out. Romo made plenty of money, and probably wants to be able to function the rest of his life.
    He still would have loved to have started somewhere,no doubt he did.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Strange one here, maybe teams will try to lure him out of it.
    Last edited by jtoler; 04-04-17 at 02:48 PM.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    He still would have loved to have started somewhere,no doubt he did.
    You would think so. Obviously with a contender, and only two came up. So, I guess they just couldn't figure something out. I would take him in a heartbeat for a year. If the damn Raiders had traded for him as a backup then they would be the Champions. Obviously was never gonna happen, but I always hoped somehow it would. Had a weird feeling shit would hit the fan as usual, but money wise never would have worked of course.

whathaveidone
    whathaveidone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Breaks his collar bone first broadcast. You heard it here.
    lol

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    You would think so. Obviously with a contender, and only two came up. So, I guess they just couldn't figure something out. I would take him in a heartbeat for a year. If the damn Raiders had traded for him as a backup then they would be the Champions. Obviously was never gonna happen, but I always hoped somehow it would. Had a weird feeling shit would hit the fan as usual, but money wise never would have worked of course.
    I thought he was going to the Texans for sure,would have made a lot of sense,they had everything else inplace.Would have been weird seeing Romo as a Raider no doubt.

Glad I didn't do a prop bet on what team hed go to.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 04-04-17 at 03:02 PM.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I thought he was going to the Texans for sure,would have made a lot of sense,they had everything else inplace.Would have been weird seeing Romo as a Raider no doubt.

Glad I didn't do a prop bet on what team hed go to.
    Yeah, just a pipedream of mine last season as a backup.

The Texans have everything but a QB. Not sure what happened, but in that division they walk to the Playoffs. They made it two years in a row with junk at QB. Might even have got a first round bye with Romo. Weird that it didn't work out. Paying Brock all that money doesn't help.

jjgold

Texans do not want old man pussy that gets hurt all the time and want 10 million a year

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Sorry, Romo fans, but this is another sign of Romo not being a winner. Guy is only 36. Never got close to a championship. Absolutely an offer was going to come in sometime between now and mid-next-season to go somewhere and take another shot at a ring he never got a sniff of, and he decides to retire to be an analyst.

Listen, he was a nice QB, but I'm sorry, he was not underrated. Plenty of guys can throw a nice ball and put up some stats. At times he even looked like one of the best in the game, but the fact remains that he choked repeatedly when the light was brightest. Not all of the Cowboy chokes were his fault but plenty were. Did not have to retire now. That is not a winner move, that is a loser move. Shows he's more into the paycheck and the face time than he is getting that ring.

Not to compare them but just to illustrate my point, Brady is 40 and has five rings, but what do you think he'd say if they said Hey Tom, come be an analyst for us now for tons of money, no more injury risk, just relaxing and soaking in the adoration? He'd say fukk off and when do OTA's start?

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    You only have 18 more meaningless one liners to go to reach the 50-post count that will enable your PMs.
    Fed hit me up right away i want the first PM, skin

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Tony is not gonna play football again, he's got a cushy broadcast job and will work on his golf game. Romo is actually a very good golfer, wouldn't be surprised to see him enter more golf tournaments.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    Tony is not gonna play football again, he's got a cushy broadcast job and will work on his golf game. Romo is actually a very good golfer, wouldn't be surprised to see him enter more golf tournaments.
    Guy's a scratch golfer. Got a beautiful wife and family. Couple of young boys. No one can blame him for taking this opportunity.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Guy's a scratch golfer. Got a beautiful wife and family. Couple of young boys. No one can blame him for taking this opportunity.
    Opie gets it....guys on here talking about how romo was a loser...bunch of clowns

guy has a life that zero of SBR has

jjgold

No pro athlete ever is even competitive on any pro golf tour

Different animal

He was a loser as a qb

It's
    Proven

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

He's got all the money he needs, he's an injury waiting to happen... He doesn't work out and his back is shot.. Probably a smart move...

As a Cowboys fan I'm kinda glad to see him go.. Had enough of that guy being injured and all the heart breaks in the playoffs..

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Ring of honor better than no ring at all

jjgold

He got no offers men

It's why he is in broadcasting

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Sorry, Romo fans, but this is another sign of Romo not being a winner. Guy is only 36. Never got close to a championship. Absolutely an offer was going to come in sometime between now and mid-next-season to go somewhere and take another shot at a ring he never got a sniff of, and he decides to retire to be an analyst.

Listen, he was a nice QB, but I'm sorry, he was not underrated. Plenty of guys can throw a nice ball and put up some stats. At times he even looked like one of the best in the game, but the fact remains that he choked repeatedly when the light was brightest. Not all of the Cowboy chokes were his fault but plenty were. Did not have to retire now. That is not a winner move, that is a loser move. Shows he's more into the paycheck and the face time than he is getting that ring.

Not to compare them but just to illustrate my point, Brady is 40 and has five rings, but what do you think he'd say if they said Hey Tom, come be an analyst for us now for tons of money, no more injury risk, just relaxing and soaking in the adoration? He'd say fukk off and when do OTA's start?
    I am no Romo fan, but the guy is number 4 on the list of career QB percentage rating. Being in the top 10 all time in that category is impressive. Gotta give him some credit.
    Last edited by Kermit; 04-04-17 at 07:39 PM.

First 123 Last