ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Amazing saints coaching

I thought there were some brilliant calls that paid off in this game. I was rooting for the saints, but could not deny near flawless coaching. Go for it on 4th down on the 2 yd line? Great call. You kick the field goal, give manning the ball back at around the 20 and he drives for a TD. You score and there is the same possibility, but you have 7 pts instead of 3 on the board. Even if you don't convert, as they didn't, you know give manning a much longer field and the end result was he didn't score, and the saints got the ball back and were able to kick that field goal at the end of regulation.

As for the onside kick at the beginning of the half, absolutely brilliant! Not only would they not be expecting it at all, it was well executed and more of a line drive than a big lob to give the colts time to recover. I thought it was an amazingly coached game on the saints behalf. Well done

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Things went a little too easy for the Colts in the 1Q. Once they were up 10-0 with the Saints going 3 and out twice, some of the air went out of the balloon. Otherwise there is no way they give it back to the Saints at the end of the 1H.

The onside kick was a huge gamble. It worked out, but seemed like a gamble that you would only make if you're on the ropes. If the Colts recover and score a TD it's 17-6. Then what? So it's the kind of brilliance that's only brilliant if it works out. If it doesn't, everybody talks about the stupidity instead. Remember Bellichick and his 4th and 1 call against the Colts.

blanda
    blanda's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 580

The onsides kick changed everything...if the Saints don't recover it, well...

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

myself I thought it was 2 teams with good players and so so coaching

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

One of the better super bowls played. Had a little of everything

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Two things that turned the game imo. Garsone dropping that 3rd down pass that would have kept the drive alive which may have lead to another Colts score perhaps. And Caldwell attempting a long fg and giving NO a short field. Caldwell should never attempted that fg...

Payton coached with aggression.

runnershane14
    runnershane14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Actually I dont think either coach did that well.