Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Vegas handle

I find this very hard to believe

Sports Insights Retweeted
    Jay Kornegay@JayKornegay 6m6 minutes ago

Breaking: NV Sports Books break SB handle record with $138.5 million. Win comes in at $10 million and a hold of 7.9%.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Why??

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

It's not hard to believe at all. There was a lot of money on the Under, and quite a bit on the Falcons. i'm actually a little surprised their take wasn't a little more than 8%.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Sharps were all over Falcons and Under, including the publicized $1 million bet on Atlanta at CG. Those dollars basically offset the fact that the high percentage of tickets were on Pats and Over. Plus book cleaned up on props.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Guess only a small amount of action was on teasers.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Guess only a small amount of action was on teasers.
    For Super Bowl only, there is tons more prop action than teaser action. Every teaser leg hitting would have been more concerning in any other game.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Sharps were all over Falcons and Under, including the publicized $1 million bet on Atlanta at CG. Those dollars basically offset the fact that the high percentage of tickets were on Pats and Over. Plus book cleaned up on props.
    LT i respect ya dude but sharp money compared to public money is pennies on the dollars. Sharp money is a bunch of bullshit just like when linesmakers tell ya they want equal action on both sides of a game.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    LT i respect ya dude but sharp money compared to public money is pennies on the dollars. Sharp money is a bunch of bullshit just like when linesmakers tell ya they want equal action on both sides of a game.
    There was no "bullshit" about the $1 million bet on Falcons at CG. I heard several known sharp groups were on Atlanta while I heard not a thing about New England, so Pats money was almost exclusively public money. And it was obvious that sharps pounded Under on gameday just based on the late line movement while a large percentage of tickets were on the Over. There are some great podcats to pick up on this stuff, my favorite is BettheBoard with Todd Fuhrman.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

There was no "bullshit" about the $1 million bet on Falcons at CG. I heard several known sharp groups were on Atlanta while I heard not a thing about New England, so Pats money was almost exclusively public money. And it was obvious that sharps pounded Under on gameday just based on the late line movement while a large percentage of tickets were on the Over. There are some great podcats to pick up on this stuff, my favorite is BettheBoard with Todd Fuhrman.
    this . . .

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Unreal. The pats finally helped the books.

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

those props are money for the books

5 locks and 20+ face melter bad beats

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Even though books often want to take position on a game, holding the lines steady even when public money is pouring in one side, in the superbowl they cannot take willingly a massive exposure. And the lines moved against public money, guess why? As LT Profit correctly states, public money on favorite and over was balanced by sharp money on dog and overpowered in under.

Also funny how many people is fixed on "percentage of tickets on one side". Public tickets are in average for way less money than sharps tickets. So what if 60% of totals were on over? Much more money was bet on the under, bringing down the total one full point. Same with public props, 90% of tickets are on "public side" but the other 10% are usually sharps pounding soft numbers, so the money bet on each side is not as unbalanced as you may think.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I don't think anybody really knows. There was an article on CBS Sports that the books got murdered on the over, NE, and props (Brady MVP, Brady INT, special teams TD, successful 2 pt conversion, missed PAT). Somebody had a link in a different thread. Let's be honest, obviously there are at ton of props out there, but I would guarantee they got clobbered on those props I listed. Somebody in another thread linked the article, not sure exactly where it is though.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    I don't think anybody really knows. There was an article on CBS Sports that the books got murdered on the over, NE, and props (Brady MVP, Brady INT, special teams TD, successful 2 pt conversion, missed PAT). Somebody had a link in a different thread. Let's be honest, obviously there are at ton of props out there, but I would guarantee they got clobbered on those props I listed. Somebody in another thread linked the article, not sure exactly where it is though.
    The CBS article is the usual BS told by Will Hill. They have been for months saying the public is winning this year. Crying for a 100 live bets winning at +1000 or better, or the usual public props (overtime, 2-pt conversion, missed XP), where about 90% of tickets cashed. Of course, the 10% losing tickets are usually much bigger bets by sharps hammering on soft numbers. And of course, they say nothing about the public props that lost (safety, Julio Jones TD, etc). Guess who is interested on persuading the public they can beat the books?

Think about it. The books are not stupid. They know 90% of public will go on one side on the public props, why not price them even higher? Because the sharp hammering on the other side would make them to retreat to a more reasonable number.

Will Hill can spin the results as they like, but
    Nevada Gaming Control Board has the official numbers, and surprise! books had a healthy profit.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 02-06-17 at 10:58 PM.

Thor4140

And i know a very well know Overseas bookmaker im not gonna name who got pounded by NE money and the over. This sharp shit they spew is just to fuk with your head. Yes there is sharp money but like i said it is pennies on the dollar. They move lines because they take positions and try to mislead people. This whole sharp bullshit has gotten into your heads like the bullshit they spew about equal action on both sides. I know they got drilled by one simple theory i have. I won every NBA game tonight but one. The books are in the process of getting their money back. If u check with the last two bad superbowls they had the following Monday they cleaned up and they will clean up all week. I also have access to a huge book here in Philly and it was all bet over but he had the game slightly more NE simply because he didn't want to get drilled with all NE money so he had the line at 3.5 which u couldn't find anywhere. CG book is a bunch of con artist bullshitting every night. I know Furman and i also know Purdan. Purdan gets used an abused by these books by posting a lot of their bullshit info and he is to stupid to realize it. U can find the same nonsense last year with these bullshit books last superbowl. Same one come in and lie about they are getting pounded by a certain team. Pinnacle is famous for it. Everyone an there mother can be betting one side and they will tell u the exact opposite and these fuks have the lowest line out of everyone. These con men in no way shape or form want anyone to know were the official money is going. If there was any decency in these assholes they would move the lines with the money which they rarely do. Christ guys in here when the division finals were over, were predicting lines like NE eight. Whatever u believe what u want. This sharp shit is so way out of control but than again we still have jackasses believing they want equal action on both sides. Something i have been telling idiots for twenty years that was a bunch of bull shit.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Even though books often want to take position on a game, holding the lines steady even when public money is pouring in one side, in the superbowl they cannot take willingly a massive exposure. And the lines moved against public money, guess why? As LT Profit correctly states, public money on favorite and over was balanced by sharp money on dog and overpowered in under.

Also funny how many people is fixed on "percentage of tickets on one side". Public tickets are in average for way less money than sharps tickets. So what if 60% of totals were on over? Much more money was bet on the under, bringing down the total one full point. Same with public props, 90% of tickets are on "public side" but the other 10% are usually sharps pounding soft numbers, so the money bet on each side is not as unbalanced as you may think.

You are the typical idiot that will believe anything the books tell ya.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10214

Joe Public crushes NFL Season.
    Good for Joe.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines

You said books were flooded by money on Patriots and over.
    Will Hill said books were beat up.

I said books did OK
    Official result by Nevada Gaming: Books did OK.

Therefore I am the typical idiot that will believe anything the books tell. Nice deduction, Thor.

ManOfValue
    ManOfValue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

I agree sharps were on Falcons and under but by my experience Sharp money in a minority. This was up there for the worst beat I ever had. "Not a sharp by any means", but played Atlanta.

jjgold

Glad Vegas won actually

Too many Vegas guys had big egos and now buried

LT Profits

But it is not the books we are listening too, it is the Nevada Gaming Commission, the governing body in charge of the official results.

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28595

Sharps are far from right.... More times then not Sharps get burned.....

In my world the money players where on New England

jjgold

Nevada gaming commission does not make up numbers

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Glad Vegas won actually

Too many Vegas guys had big egos and now buried