Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Coach is an idiot for calling a pass play in that spot
    Ryan is an idiot for even coming close to a sack, throw the fkn ball in that spot

Bottom line is the entire team choked this game away in the 2nd half. Coaching, offense, defense, and special teams. They all fkn blew it. And the Pats made them pay.

Dont forget these morons had 2 chances to stop a 2pt conversion and couldnt execute on either, then had 50 seconds left in regulation (with no timeouts btw due to bonehead coaching) and then had a chance in OT to stop the Pats.

Absolute and complete chokejob in the biggest game of your life.

sandyw123
    sandyw123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3080

Terrible play calling! Why not just run the ball, then kick the field goal. What a waste of a great catch by Julio!

davisca86
    davisca86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

Could have got patriots at +1000 live betting lol

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Coach is an idiot for calling a pass play in that spot
    Ryan is an idiot for even coming close to a sack, throw the fkn ball in that spot

Bottom line is the entire team choked this game away in the 2nd half. Coaching, offense, defense, and special teams. They all fkn blew it. And the Pats made them pay.

Dont forget these morons had 2 chances to stop a 2pt conversion and couldnt execute on either, then had 50 seconds left in regulation (with no timeouts btw due to bonehead coaching) and then had a chance in OT to stop the Pats.

Absolute and complete chokejob in the biggest game of your life.
    They were up 16 with 8 minutes left and the clock was "running" they call a seven step drop on third and one and snap the ball with 11 seconds left on the play clock.

Then they don't take a chip shot FG bc they try to pass.

Unreal.

Their coordinator said they could run...that's weird considering they were averaging 5.8 a rush.

This is the worst collapse in sports history because it's never been done and they had the game won.

Their defense could stop anything the second half because their offense wasn't running the ball and using clock.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBayGame View Post
    Still stunned here. Covering +3 for entire 60 minute game. But lost that bet
    Atlanta and Under bettors have to be sick! I had Pats and Over and I know I stole one...

Rich Boy

I remember Ryan going up to the line with about 23 seconds left and im thinking yeah they are bluffing, will try a fake snap or audible or someshit and milk it down to a few seconds. But they snapped it with 10 left, sure its easy to say it probably wont matter but thats the kind of cocky stuff that cost the Falcons.

You think Rodgers, Brady or Manning leave any time at all on the clock? No chance, they understand execution and thats the kind of basic clock management that a 10 year old playing Madden on his Xbox understands but not a veteran NFL QB playing in the superbowl??? Are you fkn kidding me? Seriously I want an explanation for that from the head coach and Ryan, then once they are finished with their "explanation" shit-can the both of em.

Unconscionable.

Rich Boy

Look at this. 13 seconds left on the clock, which was running, and you snap the ball?
    Absolutely unbelievable on this level, on this stage, in this game situation, by a veteran QB..

BigDofBA

We have a huge lead and its 3rd and 1...."Lets snap the ball quick and take a seven step drop and see what happens late in the Super Bowl"....

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by RGG View Post
    Biggest choke job since November 8th
    How the hell was november 8th a choke job? If Hillary clinton had gotten in it would have been entirely on the back of nearly 40 million nonexistant voters who somehow managed to vote for her due to rigged ballot boxes (such as the town that had more hillary voters than registered voters in their county). I don't really know what to call this but it's not a choke job

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Kyle shanahan is flat out lying, a 50 yard field goal? You are 1st and 10 at the patriots 22 with a little over 4 minutes, you could almost take a knee for three plays and it would have been a 39 yard field goal, with one of the best field goal kickers in the nfl?

Three run plays and a field goal leaves a little more than two minutes for the patriots to score , convert, and win an onside kick?

Running the ball, taking time off the clock. How does he explain the sack and fumble when you are up 16 points with 8 minutes left in the 4th and you dont even put anyone in the backfield and call a pass play on 3rd and 1?

The 49ers are really going to be blessed with a genius

"Falcons fans are left wondering what would have happened had Atlanta ran the ball three times and kicked a field goal to stretch the lead to 11 points.

Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan -- who is set to become the San Francisco 49ers' head coach -- was asked after the game whether he'd like to run the ball more in those situations.

"You always want to run the ball if you can. You got to look at each situation when you're getting the ball," Shanahan said. "We were trying to score there at the end. We got into field goal range where we would have ended it, but getting that sack and that holding call was tough."

Added Shanahan: "You don't think, just run the ball and make your guy kick a 50-yard field goal. You want to try your hardest to give him a great chance to for sure make it. We thought we could get some yards, but ended up getting a sack and it's not really an option after that."
    Last edited by gregm; 02-06-17 at 12:54 AM.

BigDofBA

He is an idiot. He said it was 3rd and 2 on the play when Ryan got sacked. It was actually 3rd and 1.

He also said they couldn't run on New England....yet they were averaging 5.9 a rush.

I don't think he can do basic math. It would have been a chip shot 39 yard FG at worst if you run up the middle. They probably would have gotten at least 3-4 yards more if they had ran and it would have been like a 35 harder.

He choked. Biggest choke job ever.

Atlanta wasn't even running the play clock
    Down. Then they were taking 7 step drops and trying to get the ball deep downfield...with the lead!

They got cocky. They were tying to get more TDs. It cost them the game. Just play smart and you win.

How do you not have any timeouts when you have led all game? They couldn't even mount a final
    Drive bc of that.

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Kyle shanahan is flat out lying, a 50 yard field goal? You are 1st and 10 at the patriots 22 with a little over 4 minutes, you could almost take a knee and it would have been a 39 yard field goal, with one of the best field goal kickers in the nfl

Running the ball, taking time off the clock. How does he explain the sack and fumble when you areup 16 points with 8 minutes left inthe 4th you dont even put anyone in the backfield on 3rd and 1?

"Falcons fans are left wondering what would have happened had Atlanta ran the ball three times and kicked a field goal to stretch the lead to 11 points.

Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan -- who is set to become the San Francisco 49ers' head coach -- was asked after the game whether he'd like to run the ball more in those situations.

"You always want to run the ball if you can. You got to look at each situation when you're getting the ball," Shanahan said. "We were trying to score there at the end. We got into field goal range where we would have ended it, but getting that sack and that holding call was tough."

Added Shanahan: "You don't think, just run the ball and make your guy kick a 50-yard field goal. You want to try your hardest to give him a great chance to for sure make it. We thought we could get some yards, but ended up getting a sack and it's not really an option after that."
    If I'm a 49er fan I'm livid. You are stuck with an incompetent excuse maker, with no feel for the game, no self awareness, as your Head Coach for the foreseeable future , after the last 2 one year disasters. And I heard he wants to bring over Matt Schaub as his starting QB next year.

Kyle Shanahan would be interested in Matt Schaub as 49ers' bridge QB

11:00 AM ET

• Adam SchefterESPN Senior Writer

Atlanta Falcons backup quarterback Matt Schaub could be following Atlanta offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan to San Francisco, if the man poised to become the new 49ers head coach has his way, according to league sources.
    Shanahan, who is expected to be named the 49ers' new head coach as soon as Monday, always has liked and respected Schaub's play, from the time he was a Pro Bowl quarterback for him with the Texans, to his current role as backup quarterback in Atlanta.
    Schaub is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent and, with Washington preparing to place its franchise tag on quarterback Kirk Cousins, Shanahan might have to settle for pursuing Atlanta's backup quarterback rather than the Redskins' starting quarterback.
    Schaub could be the 49ers' bridge quarterback, as the starter or the backup, but whatever role he takes he would be valuable as he knows Shanahan's system.
    Last edited by TheGuesser; 02-06-17 at 01:04 AM.

Rich Boy

Bottom line is you have to give your kicker A CHANCE to end the game in that situation or you score a TD on CONSERVATIVE play calling, no need to get cocky and aggressive in that situation when basic play calling likely ends the game.

A turnover (fumble) is possible but is out of your control and you can easily live with that chance although very unlikely.
    Taking yourself out of field goal position is absolutely unacceptable in that situation, yet it managed to happen because the Falcons made it a possibility.

You think Freeman or Coleman runs for a 10 yard loss on 2 consecutive plays? lol

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Kyle shanahan is flat out lying, a 50 yard field goal? You are 1st and 10 at the patriots 22 with a little over 4 minutes, you could almost take a knee for three plays and it would have been a 39 yard field goal, with one of the best field goal kickers in the nfl?

Three run plays and a field goal leaves a little more than two minutes for the patriots to score , convert, and win an onside kick?

Running the ball, taking time off the clock. How does he explain the sack and fumble when you are up 16 points with 8 minutes left in the 4th and you dont even put anyone in the backfield and call a pass play on 3rd and 1?

Yeah he's definitely lying. At worst, even if you run right up the gut 3 times and get stuffed and lose a few yards, it ends up being a 43-45 yard FG attempt in the middle of the field - in a dome stadium. You take your chances that the kicker can make that. If he makes it, you win the game 99% of the time. IF he misses, well that's football. But it would still be making the correct football play.

I almost think these guys must never adjust to what is on their play sheets regardless of the score of the game. Like they call the game without even thinking about what the score is. Just dumb.

On one hand, I'm happy the Patriots won because it was a great comeback. But personally I lost $100 when the Falcons couldn't win, so it puts a damper on it. I don't mind losing bets, but this was a horseshit loss. I think next NFL season I stick to only betting O/U. I'm way better at that than betting live on who is going to win.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quinn says the falcons ran out of gas? The defense did because Quinn and Shanahan called a monumentally terrible game in the late 3rd and especially the 4th quarter , one for the ages

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-fal...season-history

"As the Falcons blew a 28-3 third-quarter lead in a 34-28 overtime loss to the Patriots, they watched Tom Brady and the Patriots run 93 plays. In contrast, NFL MVP Matt Ryan and the Falcons ran 46 plays. The 47-play difference marked the biggest play disparity in NFL postseason history, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Although the Falcons have a young defense with four rookies and three second-year players starting, not even young legs can survive that type of differential. It also points to why the Falcons should have run the ball in the second half while holding the lead, a decision offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan was questioned about at length following the loss."

How does he justify these insane calls within the last 8 minutes and the whole late third and fourth? Had they kept it on the ground, they would have forced the Patriots to use their timeouts, and Atlanta would have been well positioned for a field goal in the final four minutes .Matt Bryant was 28-for-29 on field goals from inside 50 yards on the season. But he never got on the field

Greatest collapse in Super Bowl history
    Last edited by gregm; 02-06-17 at 01:42 AM.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I think they tanked it to get Kevin Durant in the off-season.........

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

No choke job squares on atl betting against the goat

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I looked back

Atlanta really did not choke

The game changed and Brady was unreal..any other team gets buried

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Maybe the Falcons still lose, but first-and-10 on the NE 22, you have to at least get an attempt at three points. Maybe the kicker misses it; who knows? This should haunt Atlanta for a long time; to have a SB win in your hands and throw it away, those are impossible to forget.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

What's even more amazing is where is the head coach? He's just as clueless. But what about Ryan? He's playing long enough to know they should run the ball there. Just audible out to a run. Shanahan can't do anything to Ryan, even if he was staying as OC. Ryan could just say "they had me dead to rights if I passed."

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

On that point, the Pats already showed their block play on the extra point, so Atlanta would have been ready for the guy jumping over the center. On that XP penalty, NFL people said that call was wrong, Pats were not illegal in their setup, so Atlanta's XP at 13-0 should have been no good. But why expose that play on an XP that early?

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    Maybe the Falcons still lose, but first-and-10 on the NE 22, you have to at least get an attempt at three points. Maybe the kicker misses it; who knows? This should haunt Atlanta for a long time; to have a SB win in your hands and throw it away, those are impossible to forget.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Biggest choke in my lifetime. Run the ball, and kick a FG. Game over. People who say they shouldn't have been up that much are insane. They could have been up damn 40. Ryan taking sacks at midfield. This was the ultimate miracle. Falcons should have won by at least 20, if we're being honest.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I want Kyle to send me my money. He will be getting paid a ridiculous amount to coach a franchise that now sucks. 6 grand wouldn't hurt his pocket. Quinn can chip in too. How these coaches make millions is mind boggling.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28986

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Biggest choke in my lifetime. Run the ball, and kick a FG. Game over. People who say they shouldn't have been up that much are insane. They could have been up damn 40. Ryan taking sacks at midfield. This was the ultimate miracle. Falcons should have won by at least 20, if we're being honest.
    this

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Why not run the ball?

SouthBayGame
    SouthBayGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2895

Biggest Super Bowl choke/playoff choke All Time

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBayGame View Post
    Biggest Super Bowl choke/playoff choke All Time

I have never in my life used that word "choke" whether it be college or pro, in this case I am afraid the entire team did choke. Yes it was a bad beat for the supporters, including myself, and I am playing so long in this game that I seldom give a loss a second thought. But upon awakening this morning it was on the mind. The entire team choked, the offensive line, the defense and qb. What a shame, they had the game, so much the better team in the first quarter.

But it happens, I assume they will use this game as a growing experience, especially coaches and qb. They have the nucleus for a really good team.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2114

Maybe the worst? This is the greatest choke job past present future. Nothing will top it.
    Points Awarded:

Nb4537 gave DISTROYA 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    I have never in my life used that word "choke" whether it be college or pro
    LYING DANTE is at it again!

Burying this SKUNK is waaaaay to EZ

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2114

Pete carroll now has the 2nd stupidest play call in the history of super bowls.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    LYING DANTE is at it again!

Burying this SKUNK is waaaaay to EZ

this poor guy responds to my posts in seconds. you know why, I embarrassed the shit out of him three or four times. Wait mr russian the worst is so very close. did you know this guy speaks 14 languages. Well that might be a bit hyperbolic because who the fck knows how many, it seems to change every month or so. It was 4 then 6 then 7 or whatever I can't keep up with this lad. He speaks so many languages but has great trouble with English. like a little yapping puppy he is at my feet (commenting on my posts within seconds) poor little guy so angry because he was exposed. and he just loves to decorate his responses with little yellow dancing men. again like a little child coloring in his coloring book.

okay mr russian I will speak to you shortly. of course there is no speaking, no communicating. I will offer again mr russian would you like to have a conversation. I asked you two questions. First the meaning of the word "phallic," do you know. Nope you do not. Second, the meaning of my quote, "idiots pretending to be morons." Nope no answer for that also.

See you later in the saloon, I am going to destroy you again my russian friend. ...there will be blood.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    this poor guy responds to my posts in seconds.
    The time stamp on my reply is almost an hour after your original post...just another lie from this pathetic SKUNK ...HAHA to EZ

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22786

Yes, too U watch the UFC

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Um..choke is.one.of the most overused words in sports. It seemed that momentum changed...defense got tired...NE made.incredible and lucky catches. OK maybe Ryan wasn't as sharp..but lets.not make it he threw 3 interceptions in 4th.

First 1234 Last