BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

New Orleans Nervous About Superbowl

Welcome to New Orleans, home of the NFC Champion Saints. I saw many of those signs as I arrived here yesterday evening. It's Mardi Gras season here, and the hotels are sold out in anticipation of the wildest celebration this city has ever seen IF the Saints win the Superbowl. The people here are confident, yet apprehensive. They know all about the Manning family. Peyton lives in New Orleans. The Manning family means a lot to the city. Some people I talked to were wishing that the Saints played anyone else but the Colts.

Some people carry things too far. On Friday, a student was kicked out of his HIgh School for wearing a Manning jersey on "Jersey Day". A law suit is pending. The City has declared a holiday on Monday. Schools will be closed, as will many businesses. It will either be a huge celebration or wake, New Orleans style of course.

You can't help but root for the Saints. After all the team and the city has been through, they are the classic underdog. This is the biggest sporting event to ever hit New Orleans, and that includes the LSU National Championships. The average fan is so hyped up about the game, that if the Saints lose, the city will be in yet another state of shock.

Talking to the fans, it seems as if they are depending on a very high scoring game. All of them have the deepest respect for Manning and the Colts offense. They know that he will put points up on the board. Their hope is that Brees can match Manning, and Bush can make the difference, running punts back and gaining yards on swing and safety valve passes. They also hope to win the turnover game, which many feel is the most critical part of the game.

Right now, there is kind of an eerie calm before the storm. One person told me that when the game is on, you will be able to hear a pin drop in the French Quarter. After it is over, it will either be pandemoniun or very quiet. I have my spot reserved at a little bar in the French Quarter off the main drag. I will be there to watch the people as much as the game. It should be fascinating.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The best line I have heard from a Saints fan so far today. I heard it at lunch. This guy said that this game is like pulling for your brother to beat your cousin. He gave me a Saints Shot glass which I will put to good use later on today. The city is really getting anxious now. Time to check the latest line, which shows some late money coming down on the Saints when last I checked.