Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Aaron Hernandez double murder trial delayed 16 days

Lawyers for Aaron Hernandez, the convicted killer and former New England Patriots star, won a partial reprieve Friday when the judge in his upcoming double murder trial agreed to delay the start date for about two weeks.

Jury selection will begin as scheduled on Feb. 13, but the chosen jurors will not be sworn until March 1, to allow for “additional ... defense preparation,” Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Locke wrote in a brief order.

Hernandez, 27, is charged with two counts of murder for the fatal drive-by shootings of Daniel de Abreu, 29, and Safiro Furtado, 28, on July 16, 2012, in Boston. He is also charged with shooting a former friend, Alexander Bradley, in south Florida in February 2013 in an effort to silence Bradley about the killings.

Bradley survived and is expected to testify for prosecutors. He was allegedly with Hernandez at the time of the murders.
    Get Fast Forward in your inbox:
    Forget yesterday's news. Get what you need today in this early-morning email.

Locke wrote that at least 600 prospective jurors are expected to be questioned over a period of three days.

“Given the ‘high-profile’ nature of the case, the impanelment process likely will be lengthy and involved,” Locke wrote.

Hernandez is already serving a life sentence for the June 2013 execution-style slaying of Odin Lloyd, 27, of Dorchester. He is appealing his first-degree murder conviction in that case.

Also Friday, Locke ruled that Hernandez’s lawyers will have access to physical evidence pertaining to the shooting of Bradley that is currently in the possession of law enforcement officials in Florida, in order to conduct testing.

In an unrelated case, Bradley was sentenced earlier this month in Connecticut to a five-year prison term for shooting up a Hartford nightclub in February 2014. He has been jailed since his arrest immediately after the shooting and will receive credit for time served, court records show.

At his sentencing hearing on Jan. 9, Bradley told the judge, “I’m not the same person that I was three years ago. It was a tumultuous time in my life,” according to a transcript of the hearing. “I was going through some traumatic events. And thank you. That’s it. I’m just grateful for the opportunity to be released.”

The judge responded, “Well, you’re moving toward reintroduction into society with this sentence and I wish you well. I hope you take care of whatever problems you do have.”

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Can you imagine being Aaron? He's sitting in a metal cage now and probably for the rest of his life.. Just a short time ago he was a TE star playing for the Patriots and Tom Brady making millions...

He went for the thug life and ruined his life in the process..

Have fun rotting in jail for the rest of your life Hernandez because you are as guilty as sin for your crimes..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thugs always end up in jail or dead within 5 years

Great life

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

He's not dead yet?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Jesus Christ, I thought he was already found guilty and serving a life sentence.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

^ That was the first homicide case. The Patriots weren't ready for Aaron Hernandez

PoopChute
    PoopChute's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Can you imagine being Aaron? He's sitting in a metal cage now and probably for the rest of his life.. Just a short time ago he was a TE star playing for the Patriots and Tom Brady making millions...

He went for the thug life and ruined his life in the process..

Have fun rotting in jail for the rest of your life Hernandez because you are as guilty as sin for your crimes..
    Oh, He's still a tight end.....just catching different kind of balls now! Enjoy your AIDS Aaron.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

He must have a mental issue beyond his control. He had a little child with his high school girlfriend, living in a wealthy area in Massachusetts, having the privilege of playing for the best team in the NFL with the best QB of all time while also being a very good player himself. It's been noted that his dad died and that had a traumatic effect on him. It's an excuse. My parents died early and I didn't go shooting anyone. When you have life by the nuts like he did, he would have no logical reason to do anything so bad. He must be certifiably nuts. I also read something about his brother quitting coaching in Iowa and moving to Texas and being a roofer. It said that the brother visited Aaron and he looked content. How on earth can you be content when you're treated like a caged animal and have 0 to look forward to? I'd rather die. HE'S NUTS!

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

more sex inside than out

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

And..he had a tattoo done in prison. Yeah...that's the sign of someone who's innocent. Just give him the chair or injection.

PoopChute

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    And..he had a tattoo done in prison. Yeah...that's the sign of someone who's innocent. Just give him the chair or injection.
    Ohhh I'm sure he's been getting nightly meat injections.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

had the world by the tail...

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

He was a gang banger in High School. Both Florida and New England chose to overlook that fact.

PoopChute

Minorities have always had trouble understanding consequences, responsibilities, and the difference between right and wrong. It will never change, its how their brains are wired.
    Last edited by PoopChute; 01-24-17 at 03:06 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by PoopChute View Post
    Minorities have always had trouble understanding consequences, responsibilities, and the difference between right and wrong. It will never change, it how their brains are wired.

spot on

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I wonder if he was mentally challenged at some level?.. Seems he was easily angered, road his emotions, lashed out physically maybe to look cool and seek acceptance maybe..

Committed murders and had no moral compass..

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15906

Some people that walk this Earth have no souls

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

He doesn't care though...

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Is this his 2nd Super Bowl he's missing?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Is this his 2nd Super Bowl he's missing?
    No. He Woulda been on the Raiders or Cowboys by now

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    He must have a mental issue beyond his control. He had a little child with his high school girlfriend, living in a wealthy area in Massachusetts, having the privilege of playing for the best team in the NFL with the best QB of all time while also being a very good player himself. It's been noted that his dad died and that had a traumatic effect on him. It's an excuse. My parents died early and I didn't go shooting anyone. When you have life by the nuts like he did, he would have no logical reason to do anything so bad. He must be certifiably nuts. I also read something about his brother quitting coaching in Iowa and moving to Texas and being a roofer. It said that the brother visited Aaron and he looked content. How on earth can you be content when you're treated like a caged animal and have 0 to look forward to? I'd rather die. HE'S NUTS!

He was hitting the PCP pretty hard from what I remember reading.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

Thugs don't look at being in prison as throwing their life away. They figure they were probably going to be dead by now anyway, so at least they're alive.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Thugs don't look at being in prison as throwing their life away. They figure they were probably going to be dead by now anyway, so at least they're alive.
    Roof over your head (free rent), hanging with your homies and 3 squares a day.. Some thugs think prison is cool and a retreat and I hate that

Should be harsher punishment for lifers IMO then just jail.. I look at this way, if jail was actually a real living hell people would think twice about committing crimes more.. The word would spread jail is REALLY no place you want to be..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-24-17 at 09:50 PM.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Why even waste everyones time and money, isnt he already locked away forever?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

He kept it real and didn't get lost in the fame and privilege. He rly showed them

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Bad guy. Should get death penalty by decapitation

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

He is a sociopath. Textbook sociopath

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Why even waste everyones time and money, isnt he already locked away forever?
    Yeah, you're right. But some idiot judges have a habit of overturning convictions, so they need to pile on as many convictions as they can get.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Minorities have always had trouble understanding consequences, responsibilities, and the difference between right and wrong. It will never change, its how their brains are wired.
    Sort of like that stanford swimmer?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

That falls on the parents.. Didn't take them to church, on drugs or absent... No role models to teach them right or wrong or the consequences for their actions.. Many then run wild in their teens and that spells trouble everytime.. Jail or grave end result..

MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    That falls on the parents.. Didn't take them to church, on drugs or absent... No role models to teach them right or wrong or the consequences for their actions.. Many then run wild in their teens and that spells trouble everytime.. Jail or grave end result..
    You can take a ****** out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the ******.

I'd also like to sign up for this little community-bonding echo chamber of race baiting. Sounds like a touchdown! (get it?)

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

He should be put down. No reason why tax payers should keep this animal alive. Would benefit everybody including Aaron for him to move on to next world. Keeping him in cage for the next 100 years is inhumane imo.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Court hearing to be done in record time.... 1 day for hearing....

Jury gives you the guilty verdict day 2.

Next.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Why is this cretin still alive.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Crazy that he threw it all away, but he seems to be just fine in Prison. Unreal though. From a mansion to a cell because he couldn't mature. No remorse for him. I feel bad for the victims, and their families.

12 Last