Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Belichick not married. Damn, no wonder he's so good. Can live in peace. This is one of the tougher SBs to pick in a while. I usually have my team picked by now. I lost on San Fran and that was it since I bet real money on the Saints over the Colts. Falcons shock Brady, like Brees did Manning. Screw it. Done thinking about it.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Dan Quinn was the defensive Cordinator on arguably the best defensive squad in the last 10 years the 2014 Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks who put the absolute smack down on the broncos I know Brady is in better shape then manning but my point is you don't just disregard the Atlanta falcons defense and you don't disregard dan Quinn being heavily involved in taking control of this here it's what he knows best...the line says to me please take the -3 but hey I lose just as much as I win but just my 2 cents

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Those Edelman underneath routes and Chris hogan seam routes will be there all game.. with the way New England can run the ball and dish it out to Bennett on a flat, I really don't see how the line is only -3.

goldust
    goldust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

I'm getting some '07 Giants/Patriots vibe from the general thoughts on this game so far (NE covering pretty easily). The difference between the Giants teams that have beaten NE and the Falcons is that the Falcons don't have half the defense or pass rush those teams had. Their offense is SIGNIFICANTLY better than any offense the Giants trotted out against NE, and that can keep the game close, but ultimately...can they stay with NE the entire way? Can they rush Brady late and/or make a gamechanging pick when he's about to win the game? I wouldn't bet on that. Atlanta's defense is scrappy, but young and prone to mistakes.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Those Edelman underneath routes and Chris hogan seam routes will be there all game.. with the way New England can run the ball and dish it out to Bennett on a flat, I really don't see how the line is only -3.
    Falcons offense is insane right now...Pats are a very smart defense but don't have the horses to really slow them down much

Dont see how this isn't a shoot out really...Would bet Over 60 probably

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    No Nets fan even worse lol...Yankees and Devils have been good to me over the years though

Boston/NY rivalry is funny we all hate each other and the rest of the country hates us all
    Big time Giants fan here.. don't really hate the pats.. just don't think bray deserves more praise than Bill. Atlanta is good and my God Julio is a monster but I think New England is the better overall. Pats ML is the play

Cuse0323

Falcons ML. Now can stop thinking for two weeks. Hopefully no damn injuries, and/or ML goes up. Oh well. Let's go dirty birds. Do it for Chris Chandler.
    Points Awarded:

MoneyLineDawg gave Cuse0323 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Falcons ML. Now can stop thinking for two weeks. Hopefully no damn injuries, and/or ML goes up. Oh well. Let's go dirty birds. Do it for Chris Chandler.
    Still remember him saying he would skip out on the game if his wife went into labor. The whole Falcons team might have been the least focused I've seen going into a super bowl in a long time

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Falcons offense is insane right now...Pats are a very smart defense but don't have the horses to really slow them down much

Dont see how this isn't a shoot out really...Would bet Over 60 probably
    Don't even think this one breaks 50 to be honest

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Still remember him saying he would skip out on the game if his wife went into labor. The whole Falcons team might have been the least focused I've seen going into a super bowl in a long time
    Forgot all about that, hah. Yeah, they were terrible. Almost as bad as the Raiders when Callahan changed the whole game plan during the week off to help out his buddy Gruden.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Pats arguably have a better QB and better defense.. More experience in the big games...

Going with the Pats and Tom Brady on the ML.... Then again the dogs usually hit in Superbowls.. Patriots are the exception though...

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

The last great offense the Patriots faced in the Super Bowl was the Rams, and they shut them down. I expect them to do the same with the Falcons.

Patriots win 27-17

Cuse0323

Shit, took Atlanta ML. The Pats will win by damn 1-2 now, just to fck me again. Oh well, I'm pounding Atlanta because my coin told me so, and a Georgia quarter was the first I saw.

In the end, no one knows what happens here. I'll trust a coin over anything.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

You know you don't HAVE to bet on the Super Bowl. Just sayin'

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

I got atl +6.35 before playoffs. Here is my thinking. If ne had a chance in this game than the line would be 5 or more. It would tell me I have no chance on my bet. Funny thing is atl does have a de. Problem is that they were putting up numbers all year so people were opening up their offense against them. They took away seattles running game. The rb only had 29 yards against them. If they get a rush against n.e. it will be game over.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    You know you HAVE to bet on the Super Bowl or life is just a bore. Just sayin'
    Fixed

No one posting on this forum will have NO action on the superbowl unless they are flat broke.. If there are a few not betting on it I'd like to buy them a drink..

That's one game everyone bets on in some form or another even if you are a non gambler..

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Forgot all about that, hah. Yeah, they were terrible. Almost as bad as the Raiders when Callahan changed the whole game plan during the week off to help out his buddy Gruden.
    Hilarious. I hope we can all agree that the raiders super bowl on 2002 was a joke. Callahan barely changed anything. Derrick Brooks was calling out the plays that the raiders were lined up for at the line of scrimmage.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

You know you don't HAVE to bet on the Super Bowl. Just sayin'
    Yea, take that AA meeting BS somewhere else boss. We're a proud group of degenerates over here. Don't need that negativity here

smitch124

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Fixed

No one posting on this forum will have NO action on the superbowl unless they are flat broke.. If there are a few not betting on it I'd like to buy them a drink..

That's one game everyone bets on in some form or another even if you are a non gambler..
    I'll have a double of Johnny Walker Blue! Thanks.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

We know what happens when Matt Ryan gets pressured. Did you see Long and those boys pushing that amazing Steelers O line back today? They completely dominated them. When Matt Ryan gets off his spots, he gets sloppy. He throws picks. He fumbles. He gets sacked.

Freeman and Coleman do not scare the Patriots front 7 -- trust me on that. Butler is easily the best CB currently in the NFL at the moment. He won't stop Julio but will contain him to 100ish, but it will be a tough 100. Not like GB who was playing PRACTICE SQUAD WRS AT CB!

Lastly, Dan Quinn a great defensive mastermind, but I said in another thread. He had Earl Thomas, Chancelor, Sherman, Wagner, and Bennett, possibly the greatest defense of all time, and he still couldn't stop Brady. I mean Brady absolutely destroyed that defense like I've never seen.

ATL is missing number 1 corner Trufant and I just don't see enough to stop Brady and his weapons. Don't forget that Adams had a bad ankle today (no WR can play on a bad ankle, no one.) and Jordy Nelson had broken Ribbs. GB also has a WR playing RB. Just horrible.

Lewis and Blount will gash that ATL d with speed and power.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'll have a double of Johnny Walker Blue! Thanks.
    Talk to me in 2 weeks.. Alot can change in 2 weeks ..

smitch124

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Talk to me in 2 weeks.. Alot can change in 2 weeks ..
    OK you're right I will be all in on no safety -1450

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Love it. Really hope more people jump on the Pats. Everyone loved the Packers, and the Steelers to a lesser extent.

Falcons roll. Better QB (at this very moment), much better offense, better defense. NE's D looks good because they haven't played an offense with a pulse in forever. Roethlisberg is garbage on the road. Before that they got Houston, Miami with a backup QB, Jets with a backup QB, Denver, Baltimore, Rams, Jets, 49ers. Haven't played a offense with a pulse since Seattle in mid-November, and not even sure if Seattle was playing well offensively then.

Falcons are going to dominate this game.

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    We know what happens when Matt Ryan gets pressured. Did you see Long and those boys pushing that amazing Steelers O line back today? They completely dominated them. When Matt Ryan gets off his spots, he gets sloppy. He throws picks. He fumbles. He gets sacked.

Freeman and Coleman do not scare the Patriots front 7 -- trust me on that. Butler is easily the best CB currently in the NFL at the moment. He won't stop Julio but will contain him to 100ish, but it will be a tough 100. Not like GB who was playing PRACTICE SQUAD WRS AT CB!

Lastly, Dan Quinn a great defensive mastermind, but I said in another thread. He had Earl Thomas, Chancelor, Sherman, Wagner, and Bennett, possibly the greatest defense of all time, and he still couldn't stop Brady. I mean Brady absolutely destroyed that defense like I've never seen.

ATL is missing number 1 corner Trufant and I just don't see enough to stop Brady and his weapons. Don't forget that Adams had a bad ankle today (no WR can play on a bad ankle, no one.) and Jordy Nelson had broken Ribbs. GB also has a WR playing RB. Just horrible.

Lewis and Blount will gash that ATL d with speed and power.
    Big Ben also had receivers dropping passes all day man and the best back in the league goes out what 1 st quarter Brady is not god and that's how your treating him right now man and that's scary....Malcom butler is not the leagues best cornerback man

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Love it. Really hope more people jump on the Pats. Everyone loved the Packers, and the Steelers to a lesser extent.

Falcons roll. Better QB (at this very moment), much better offense, better defense. NE's D looks good because they haven't played an offense with a pulse in forever. Roethlisberg is garbage on the road. Before that they got Houston, Miami with a backup QB, Jets with a backup QB, Denver, Baltimore, Rams, Jets, 49ers. Haven't played a offense with a pulse since Seattle in mid-November, and not even sure if Seattle was playing well offensively then.

Spot on

Goat Milk

LOL Matt Ryan is a better QB than Brady? You'll see what happens to Matt Ryan in the superbowl when he gets pushed off his spots. You just start watching Matt Ryan this year?

ATL has a better defense than New England? Wow. You're going to eat those words. Mark these words. I want them quoted after the superbowl. Want all my analysis quotes. Oh yeah I was on ATL today and said they would beat GB easily...

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Big Ben also had receivers dropping passes all day man and the best back in the league goes out what 1 st quarter Brady is not god and that's how your treating him right now man and that's scary....Malcom butler is not the leagues best cornerback man
    Yeah he definitely is the league's best corner. Who is? Norman? No chance. Butler shut down Brown today almost by himself. How often did you see Brown get open? Rarely.

Big Ben has maybe the best O line in the NFL. They got pummeled. Bell being out didn't even matter. They were ready for him. Pitt woulda scored more pts but it obviously wouldn't even matter in the end.

You know what happens to Matt Ryan when he gets pushed around in the pocket? Should I remind you of Matt Ryan for his entire career? 1 sign of danger and the guy gets flustered....

I'm going to look like a genius in 2 weeks after this analysis

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Yeah he definitely is the league's best corner. Who is? Norman? No chance. Butler shut down Brown today almost by himself. How often did you see Brown get open? Rarely.

Big Ben has maybe the best O line in the NFL. They got pummeled. Bell being out didn't even matter. They were ready for him. Pitt woulda scored more pts but it obviously wouldn't even matter in the end.

You know what happens to Matt Ryan when he gets pushed around in the pocket? Should I remind you of Matt Ryan for his entire career? 1 sign of danger and the guy gets flustered....

I'm going to look like a genius in 2 weeks after this analysis

GoAt I love your analysis but sometimes I feel you put a little to much into individual players or shall I say stars constantly your not always wrong but your not always right but we shall see...brown double teamed 90 percent of the game btw

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Spot on
    It's what I do! There will be plenty of people coming in to tout the Patriots defense as being good. It's not bad, but it's not going to be able to contain the Falcons. Big difference between the scrub teams they've played for the past 10 weeks and the Falcons. Patriots offense also isn't going to be good enough to hang with the Falcon's O. ATL has a underrated defense that's been playing much better lately. The final score doesn't always reflect that though as they may give up some meaningless yards or points when their offense hung a 40 spot in the first 3 quarters.

I recommend staying away from these threads for, at least, a week. Nothing good to come of second, third, fourth, and fifth guessing yourself because the game is 2 weeks away. Take a week off then proceed as you normally would after a week.

And go Falcons!

Cuse0323

Ay, guys. You're supposed to pound the Pats so I can feel better,

This may be the first time I faded myself. Though, I don't think that's really possible.

The Pats didn't really get much pressure on Ben. If they do against Ryan, then he has two backs to dump it off to. Plus, Pitt dropped two TDs at least. I feel alright on ATL, but we'll see in a couple weeks.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Two weeks for Bill and his staff to analyze this? Tougher, better, more balanced and experienced team? Better D, better QB? Think of these things and Pats obvious favorites to win, more than the odds will reflect IMO. I also strongly believe this will be a QB MVP year. Who else? Maybe Jones, but Pats will make all efforts to limit him. Take Brady to win MVP at plus money is a no brainier IMO or if you have solid reasoning to think Atlanta close to 50/50 to win take Ryan at even better plus money.

astro61200

This may be the first time I faded myself. Though, I don't think that's really possible.

The Pats didn't really get much pressure on Ben. If they do against Ryan, then he has two backs to dump it off to. Plus, Pitt dropped two TDs at least. I feel alright on ATL, but we'll see in a couple weeks.
    There will be plenty of people on Monday who are taking the Pats. I'll make a few posts saying who I'm taking, and why. Did it with the Falcons, Falcons Over, and Pats for this weekend. For the record, I said someone could take the Pats -13.5 against the Steelers and still win. Big Ben is awful on the road. Won both ATL and NE spreads today, so it's not as if I am really high on one team and think the other is garbage. I just see the Falcons' offense being too good for NE to stop, and not enough playmakers on NE to keep up. Goes over (I'm thinking probably ~70 total points) and ATL wins.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22719

Pats shut down Brown tonight. Dont know how you bet against Brady. The slant pass killed the pack today. It won't in the bowl. It may be effective. I'm betting over

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

THIS is what I want to see more of. Want the world on ATL.

Goat Milk

Don't do it man. You're one of the few I like on here. Seriously don't bet against Brady in the superbowl unless he's playing an elite defense. Even against a legendary defense headed by Dann Quinn we know what happened. Shredded them. Pats pushed the pocket on Ben and he had to move around a lot. Matt Ryan's O line is much worse than big ben's. It's still a solid line but Pats will get to Matt Ryan mark my words bro. It's Matt Ryan. It's going to be b2b years where the regular season MVP loses in the superbowl.

If you want a full breakdown of the game I will give you one too. It's the Patriots or nothing here. Look at the Falcons roster. Take out Julio Jones and it doesn't even look like a playoff team....

@PhillBuck -- players decide the games man. Sports is dictated by players. Matchups. Who wants it more. Clutch factor. I think all of those go to New England. ATL players are young and will be very nervous, trust me on that. Carolina last year? Nerves.

First 1234 Last