lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

If Manning doesnt win is he the most overrated QB ever?

All I hear about is how he is the greatest QB of all time meanwhile this clown has only beaten the Bears(grossman) for a superbowl ring. If he doesnt win tomorrow he is a fraud. He has only won 1 big game in his life(over pats in AFC title game) and the team in front of him did that. He threw more picks than td's on their last superbowl run. I know the NFL wants this piece of crap hick to win but i would love to see him lose so it can be shown that he cant win the big game.

GO Saints

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

fukin right..

But the Colts are the LOCK OF THE CENTURY!!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Haters in the House

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    fukin right..

But the Colts are the LOCK OF THE CENTURY!!

any1 who thinks either side of this game is anywhere close to a lock is smoking crack

lakerboy

Not hating but the guy hasnt done squat

jinkh82
    jinkh82's Avatar Become A Pro!

you guys are jokin right? manning is the QB out there currently. do you think it's easy to get all the way to super bowl twice with three years? i don't think so..

2daBank

he not even my guy but how many years in a row has he won 12 games? would you say for all these years he has had the most talented team around him? i get sick of manning this manning that as much as anybody but lets be real the dude is great

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    All I hear about is how he is the greatest QB of all time meanwhile this clown has only beaten the Bears(grossman) for a superbowl ring. If he doesnt win tomorrow he is a fraud. He has only won 1 big game in his life(over pats in AFC title game) and the team in front of him did that. He threw more picks than td's on their last superbowl run. I know the NFL wants this piece of crap hick to win but i would love to see him lose so it can be shown that he cant win the big game.

GO Saints

A fraud? uh, no. To call him a fraud is a little much. He's kept the Colts at the top of the league for most of his career.At this point, he has only won 1 super bowl, but he still has a lot of quality seasons left in him. It's not his fault that he may have run into one of the top 5 or so Qb's of all time and one of the best dynasty's of all time in Tom Brady and the Patriots. You switch out Peyton Manning with any other QB in the league at any point in his career, and i don't think there is anyone that could do better with what he's had.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    A fraud? uh, no. To call him a fraud is a little much. He's kept the Colts at the top of the league for most of his career.At this point, he has only won 1 super bowl, but he still has a lot of quality seasons left in him. It's not his fault that he may have run into one of the top 5 or so Qb's of all time and one of the best dynasty's of all time in Tom Brady and the Patriots. You switch out Peyton Manning with any other QB in the league at any point in his career, and i don't think there is anyone that could do better with what he's had.
    Its always the manning has so little around him argument. Dallas Clark is one of the great tight ends ever( let me guess only cause of manning). Marvin Harrison was an all time great(manning made him right) and Edgerrin James was a great back.The guy has had stacked teams dont be fooling yourself. If he doesnt win on sunday he isnt an all time great. Elway won 2 with lesser personnel than him. Manning is top 10 all time not top 5.

WhatAboutMeBitch
    WhatAboutMeBitch's Avatar Become A Pro!

very strange and attention getting thread title.

how rated is he?

like you know how to "rate" a great Gaurd, or Defensive Tackle

define "rating"

how rated were guys like

Barry Saunders
    Warren Moon
    Jim Kelly
    Dick Butkis
    Earl Cambell
    ect ect ect

Let me know when ONE player beats an entire roster to win the super bowl. because that is how we "RATE" players right?

square-ish of square threads here

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Laker, I lost some respect for you with this thread.

Do you watch football or do you just sit at your computer? Anyone who is an actual sports fan who watches football games on Sunday afternoons can see that this guy is one of the best QBs ever, if not the best. I mean seriously...

So Dan Marino sucks too, then, right? Guy was ass, right? Cuz he won no rings? Nice logic. LeBron James has no rings either -- so he's totally overrated, right? Yeah, guy s-cks.

All the Colts have done is WIN MORE GAMES THAN ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL OVER THE LAST TEN YEARS. Yeah, overrated. I'll grant you that Manning was still coming into is own during the first half of the decade, when a smart D like the Pats could beat him. But those days are over. The guy is a surgeon now, nothing phases him, he is unstoppable by any defensive scheme you can throw out there.

Hope you didn't lay too much money going against him tomorrow, because you're gonna come out poorer.

Tree Rollins

Its always the manning has so little around him argument. Dallas Clark is one of the great tight ends ever( let me guess only cause of manning). Marvin Harrison was an all time great(manning made him right) and Edgerrin James was a great back.The guy has had stacked teams dont be fooling yourself. If he doesnt win on sunday he isnt an all time great. Elway won 2 with lesser personnel than him. Manning is top 10 all time not top 5.
    Dallas Clark would be an all time tight end without Peyton Manning? Please. So you're saying that Dallas Clark, Marvin Harrison and Edge would all be top all time at their positions with David Garrard at QB, or Kyle Orton? You're trying to say that Marvin, Reggie, Dallas and Edge made Peyton? and peyton didn't make them? Those guys are talented but put them on the Jags, or the Browns, or the Lions. It's not even an argument.

LIke i said. It's not Peytons fault that he and Tom Brady came along at the same time.
    Last edited by Tree Rollins; 02-07-10 at 01:00 AM.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Wow

Not hating but the guy hasnt done squat

The fact that you wrote this post has to make you the MOST OVERRATED SBR poster and gambler EVER!

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post

The fact that you wrote this post has to make you the MOST OVERRATED SBR poster and gambler EVER!
    Last edited by Tree Rollins; 02-07-10 at 12:42 PM.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

By the way....aren't you the same clown who put a 15x play on the UNDER of Hornets-Bobcats today and got killed as the OVER crushed you by 13 points??

PRC
    PRC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

he could go 1-27 with 5 picks and 0 tds and still be the best ever. Brees is middle of the road

Tree Rollins

He's a good capper but has the personality of a turd.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Manning is a better coach than the guy that they have as a coach.

morocca
    morocca's Avatar Become A Pro!

payton manning will choke like the previous MVP winners or will he break the jinx ?

alabama broke the heismann jinx of the previous 5 years, last heismann to win a national championship was matt leinart

hmmmm, can't wait for the game. let's get it on!

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    He's a good capper but has the personality of a turd.

yeah, he was acting snotty like a bitch the other day.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by RobbReport View Post
    yeah, he was acting snotty like a bitch the other day.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

oh absolutely. because the QB far far far far far outweighs the rest of the active roster.

if Saints return 2 kickoffs and a 1 punt for a td tomorrow, after returning a Addai fumble for a td and Manning throws for 497 yards on 37-42 throwing...but has garcon, clark, and Wayne all fumble inside the red zone...... and the Saints win 28-27...

PEYTON IS VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY OVER-RATED

who starts a thread like this?

look at how many greats HAVEN'T won ANYTHING.....but we are ready to judge P.M if he doesn't win 2 in 4 years? How many FRANCHISES hever never won one, let alone TWO SB's

c'mon.... think a little bit sensationalists

brandon m
    brandon m's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Well to be honest that Chicago wasn't all that bad. Yes they did have Grossman, but they also had a very fierce defense and Manning cut em up to win that game.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

no. look at marino

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

nobody calls marino overrated and this colts team is not even one mannings top 3 colts teams

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Peyton - winner

Imagine him as a coach in lets say 10 years? This is a very average team except for him. Excellent list;
    Barry Saunders
    Warren Moon
    Jim Kelly
    Dick Butkis
    Earl Cambell
    btw. Butkis? He actually won games single handedly from his middle linebacker position.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Joe Montana is the greatest QB of all time today, 2-7-10. When its all said and done that title will be handed over to Peyton. And I dont mean tomorrow, win or lose tonight, but when Peyton hangs em up, the title will be his.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Peyton is a winner. On AND off the field.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

and you will never see peyton getting caught text messaging a chick and run into a treee

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5944

I read a lot of great post in this thread about why Manning is no fraud.. Even if the colts lose the SB, he still got his team there.. The guy is the best QB i have ever saw at disecting a defence and calling audibles at the line.. I am no Manning or Colts fan, and while i may at times myself get tired of hearing all the hype he gets, i gotta respect him and say he deserves it..I don't think he's over rated, he has proved his worth in my opinion..

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Peyton will end up winning at least 3 SB's in his career. His name will be spoken with the same reverance as Unitas, Montana, Namath, & Bradshaw. He's been in the league about 13 years & is now in his prime. He has the experience to go with his talent & he can do great things with a mediocre supporting cast. But right now the team isn't mediocre. They are a really good team & he makes them great. There is no way in hell they lose tonight. I'm not certain about the 4.5 points as I could see the saints putting up a hell of a fight. But with a gun to my head & the pick to win to save my life I'd rather have the colts -5 than the saints +5. ML no question

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Gawd no

Eatminus
    Eatminus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Had Peyton been drafted by the Patriots he would have either four or five rings at this point. Brady can't hold Peyton's jock.

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

To call Dr. manning overrated is just stupid. I hate the dude because he is the object in the way of my Jags winning the division. But the man is one of the best to ever throw that shit. I question some people judgement in the words they use a lot.
    Last edited by Grind House; 02-07-10 at 04:11 AM.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

of course not

1234 ... Last