PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Not hating but the guy hasnt done squat

You mean when it Counts? his post season record is mediocre at best while his regular season record is astronomical which means nothing cause the goal in the NFL is to win Superbowl every year or its a
    big fat loss!!

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

So if Manning throws for 400 yards and 6 TDs and his D gets owned for 55 points and they lose 55-42, this makes him a fraud? This is just one game and he's not the only player on the field.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

laker bud did you change your avatar you have a valid points

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post

You mean when it Counts? his post season record is mediocre at best while his regular season record is astronomical which means nothing cause the goal in the NFL is to win Superbowl every year or its a
    big fat loss!!
    he always ran into tom brady and the superior patriots, now the colts are superior to the pats and the table has turned

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    nobody calls marino overrated and this colts team is not even one mannings top 3 colts teams
    Yep.

It's amazing how Peyton gets so much more hate than Marino ever did.

Peyton is a great QB. It's a team game and the best player isn't always on the best team(s).

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Yep. It's amazing how Peyton gets so much more hate than Marino ever did. Peyton is a great QB. It's a team game and the best player isn't always on the best team(s).
    Not directed at you slack but
    Big Ben is already considered one of the best because he won the Superbowl single handed without an O'line this man is unstoppable when it counts period dot end of discussion

alka07
    alka07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

he is overated in my opinion

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Manning is over rated...err Archie Manning. He could scramble though.

PAULYPOKER

All I hear about is how he is the greatest QB of all time meanwhile this clown has only beaten the Bears(grossman) for a superbowl ring. If he doesnt win tomorrow he is a fraud. He has only won 1 big game in his life(over pats in AFC title game) and the team in front of him did that. He threw more picks than td's on their last superbowl run. I know the NFL wants this piece of crap hick to win but i would love to see him lose so it can be shown that he cant win the big game. GO Saints
    Not hating but the guy hasnt done squat
    You mean when it Counts? his post season record is mediocre at best while his regular season record is astronomical which means nothing cause the goal in the NFL is to win Superbowl every year or its a big fat loss!!
    So now that the point is clear on what LB was trying to get across If Maninng loses he cannot be considered the greatest because of the fact of CHOKECITY!!!
    So therefore I concur with LB

PAULYPOKER

Difference between Marino and Manning:

Marino was on a team in which he was the WHOLE TEAM!!!

Manning is on a team in which the team is a whole team so there is no excuses for him if he loses
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 02-07-10 at 05:59 AM.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Difference between Marino and Manning:

Marino was on a team in which he was the WHOLE TEAM!!!

Manning is on a team in which the team is a whole team so there is no excuses for him if he loses

I don't know...maybe its me....but if you take your team to the Super Bowl and they're last in rushing and 18th in defense then aren't you carrying the team?
    Cmon guys...the hating is getting old! These same haters loved the Jets last week! Look at Elway.....how many SBs did he win before Terrell Davis got there?
    Most of Mannings failures in the playoffs come down to New England....who always had homefield & a better defense!

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

All I hear about is how he is the greatest QB of all time meanwhile this clown has only beaten the Bears(grossman) for a superbowl ring. If he doesnt win tomorrow he is a fraud. He has only won 1 big game in his life(over pats in AFC title game) and the team in front of him did that. He threw more picks than td's on their last superbowl run. I know the NFL wants this piece of crap hick to win but i would love to see him lose so it can be shown that he cant win the big game.

GO Saints

Payton only beat Rex Grossman for his SB....who only beat the living $hit out of Drew Brees and the Aints in the NFC Championship that year! Win or lose....Manning will carve up the Saints today! I do have a feeling that NO special teams and some key injuries on the Colts D will keep it closer than it would've been!

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    I don't know...maybe its me....but if you take your team to the Super Bowl and they're last in rushing and 18th in defense then aren't you carrying the team? Cmon guys...the hating is getting old! These same haters loved the Jets last week! Look at Elway.....how many SBs did he win before Terrell Davis got there? Most of Mannings failures in the playoffs come down to New England....who always had homefield & a better defense!
    They are last in rushing only because they choose to be

PAULYPOKER

I don't know...maybe its me....but if you take your team to the Super Bowl and they're last in rushing and 18th in defense then aren't you carrying the team? Cmon guys...the hating is getting old! These same haters loved the Jets last week! Look at Elway.....how many SBs did he win before Terrell Davis got there? Most of Mannings failures in the playoffs come down to New England....who always had homefield & a better defense!
    Lets face it their so called 18TH ranked Defense is about as deceiving as one could get, as of Colts Defense post season play they are the best bar none so do not try to feed me any of that horse shit

netinfo
    netinfo's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Manning doesnt win is he the most overrated QB ever?
    Manning will not win this one, but he is by no means overrated. Common, the guy is a sure hall of famer, a legend, possibly the best QB of all time, or at least up there with Montana and Marino.

It takes a Team to win the SB, not just one individual. You can have Manning playing a superb SB, but if the Colts defense doesn't show up, and the Colts lose this in a shootout, then it shouldn't fall on Manning's head.

So, Manning is not overrated, not at all, but despite that, I'm still going with the Saints ATS and ML, because I think this is Brees' year to hoist the Lombardi.

netinfo

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I don't know...maybe its me....but if you take your team to the Super Bowl and they're last in rushing and 18th in defense then aren't you carrying the team?
    Cmon guys...the hating is getting old! These same haters loved the Jets last week! Look at Elway.....how many SBs did he win before Terrell Davis got there?
    Most of Mannings failures in the playoffs come down to New England....who always had homefield & a better defense!
    I hate to say it, but Mr Handicaper is right, Pauly is wrong. Manning has carried this team ever since he came into the league. The Colts defense has ALWAYS been suspect, even the year they won it, the defense just got on a hot streak at a right time. Manning is the only consistent part on this team, the running game and defense and even special teams are all marginal parts on this team. Without Manning, this Colts team is terrible. Put Brady or Favre on this team and they don't even make the playoffs.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I hate to say it, but Mr Handicaper is right, Pauly is wrong. Manning has carried this team ever since he came into the league. The Colts defense has ALWAYS been suspect, even the year they won it, the defense just got on a hot streak at a right time. Manning is the only consistent part on this team, the running game and defense and even special teams are all marginal parts on this team. Without Manning, this Colts team is terrible. Put Brady or Favre on this team and they don't even make the playoffs.
    No further questions your Honer

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

no

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7917

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Peyton is a winner. On AND off the field.

I am pulling for the Saints who will win the game but how could you not like Manning? Class act and great for the game of football.

His ego is in check, the opposing players respect him and the guy can play.

plus, what pro football player makes better commercials?

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    I am pulling for the Saints who will win the game but how could you not like Manning? Class act and great for the game of football. His ego is in check, the opposing players respect him and the guy can play. plus, what pro football player makes better commercials?
    I like Manning a great deal he just needs this Superbowl to be in the Ranks of Montana just a cold hard fact that's all

DwightShrute

I like Manning a great deal he just needs this Superbowl to be in the Ranks of Montana just a cold hard fact that's all
    I don't put as much on the winning of the Superbowl. Yes, it would be great but he can't do it all himself like a swimmer or Runner. Look at Marino, who I regard as the greatest QB to have played the game. He never won it but did the most with the least talent around him than any QB IMO.

When Manning loses today, it won't change my opinion that he is in the top 4, maybe top 3 all time. Behind Marino and Favre and Montana.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 02-07-10 at 09:18 AM.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Lakerboy how do you feel that pauly freaken poker is the only 1 to agree with you???
    Pauly please quiet down. Your like the village idiot running around screaming nonsense at the top of his lungs all day.
    Marino had two GREAT recievers for a long time and several legit defenses. The only thing he never had was a running game (maybe cause he never wanted 1)
    Peyton is the best I've ever seen, and if the patriots weren't just better for a few years he'd be working on 5 instead of 2 right now.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1183

He would still have one more ring than the true most over rated...Marino.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    He would still have one more ring than the true most over rated...Marino.

FishFace5

I don't put as much on the winning of the Superbowl. Yes, it would be great but he can't do it all himself like a swimmer or Runner. Look at Marino, who I regard as the greatest QB to have played the game. He never won it but did the most with the least talent around him than any QB IMO. When Manning loses today, it won't change my opinion that he is in the top 4, maybe top 3 all time. Behind Marino and Favre and Montana.
    Why is everyone convinced he played with "nobody" around him.
    The dolphins had very good players around Marino and very legit Defenses.
    Same argument as Brady vs Manning.
    The Bills were just better for a long time. Fins couldnt beat em in the playoffs, they would get run over every year. Why do you give Marino a pass but not Manning.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

that's not true LB, but Colts will win

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Why is everyone convinced he won with "nobody" around him.
    Same argument as Brady vs Manning.
    The Bills were just better for a long time. Fins couldnt beat em in the playoffs, they would get run over every year. Why do you give Marino a pass but not Manning.
    Quickest release, not mobile, 2 small receivers (yes fast but no tall guy that could just jump for the ball like they do a lot nowadays), poor defense for most of the time (little better towards the end of his career) and no running game. He was amazing.

Still he broke nearly every record imaginable. Don't get me wrong, I see the arguments for others like Montana being the greatest. Take 50 die hard football fan, put em in a room with a pen and pad of paper and ask them to write down their top 10 Qb's all time. I doubt that any one list will be the exact same.

FishFace5

Quickest release, not mobile, 2 small receivers (yes fast but no tall guy that could just jump for the ball like they do a lot nowadays), poor defense for most of the time (little better towards the end of his career) and no running game. He was amazing. Still he broke nearly every record imaginable. Don't get me wrong, I see the arguments for others like Montana being the greatest. Take 50 die hard football fan, put em in a room with a pen and pad of paper and ask them to write down their top 10 Qb's all time. I doubt that any one list will be the exact same.
    I completely agree about nobody having the same list.
    I would pick apart your dolphin critiques a lil more but there's no point
    Farve broke all those records. Does that make Farve better???
    I think this thread should be about Farve and not Manning.

Stealinhome
    Stealinhome's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Most over rated qb ever is #13 from Miami

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Stealinhome View Post
    Most over rated qb ever is #13 from Miami

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Without Peyton Manning the Colts would be about 5-11.

FishFace5

Most overrated QB ever is #4 from from G.B.\N.Y.\Minny

PAULYPOKER

Without Dwight Freeny the Colts are going to lose the only game that matters

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Lakerboy how do you feel that pauly freaken poker is the only 1 to agree with you???
    Pauly please quiet down. Your like the village idiot running around screaming nonsense at the top of his lungs all day.
    Marino had two GREAT recievers for a long time and several legit defenses. The only thing he never had was a running game (maybe cause he never wanted 1)
    Peyton is the best I've ever seen, and if the patriots weren't just better for a few years he'd be working on 5 instead of 2 right now.

Listen fish i aint here to get folks to agree with me. The colts choked to the pats many times and if i remember correctly were favorites on the spread line in new england in one of those afc title games and still lost cause choker manning screwed up. I didnt say the guy is no good, all im saying is if he doesnt win today in my opinion he is overrated. When he loses he has no one but when he wins he makes everyone great- you cant have both sides. For sure MArino was the most overrated ever. Favre won a superbowl and lost the next one and he kept playing cause his legacy was his last loss and he wanted to win in the baddest way.If Peyton wins today he makes the top 5 all time. But he will never top Montana ever. As for those here calling me names why dont you grow up.
    Points Awarded:

Flopa3 gave lakerboy 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jaymac82980
    jaymac82980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Most overrated would gave to be aikman. And he has rings. Manning isn't overrated at all. He is having a nasty year where he is the. Qb and coordinator as well. He is basically coaching the offense because they don't have a coach. I'm sad to hear anyone call him overrated. This is a lame thread.

First 12345 ... Last