Grux
    Grux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Billy Walters 2 Million On Colts Good Read

MATT YOUMANS: Sharp money avoids Saints
    As far as coach-quarterback combinations go, only a couple in the NFL inspire belief in bettors more than Sean Payton and Drew Brees. Who imagined the New Orleans Saints would be considered cutting edge and hip?
    Payton recruited Brees as a free agent in 2006, and they created a high-powered offense the Saints are riding to the Super Bowl. Along the way, they embarrassed New England's Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

But next up is Peyton Manning, the league's best quarterback. If the Indianapolis Colts were coached by a beer vendor, they would have a great coach-quarterback combination. Manning alone is that good.
    So if you've been watching ESPN, reading the newspaper, listening to talk radio and soaking in the overkill of Super Bowl analysis, you're aware that most experts prefer the Colts as 5-point favorites and Sunday's game should be Manning's showcase.
    Manning is making many bettors cynical about the Saints.
    Even the sharpest professionals, including Las Vegas' Billy Walters and Steve Fezzik, are lining up on Indianapolis. Fezzik said he plans to bet the Colts straight up on the money line, at a price of about minus-200, and sources say Walters has done the same in a big way.
    One story circulating among gambling insiders is that Walters collaborated in some way with poker pro Phil Ivey to place a $2 million money-line bet on Indianapolis at a Strip sports book.
    MGM Mirage sports book director Jay Rood did not get into specifics but said, "We took a seven-figure bet on the Colts money line."
    Sources also report Adam Meyer, a sports gambler from South Florida, has been approved for a $1 million bet at M Resort. Meyer did not confirm the amount.
    "I'm going to be making a substantial wager," Meyer said. "I've only done one-third of the amount so far on the Colts on the money line."
    Be aware that many of the Colts money-line bettors are playing it both ways by maneuvering to also take the Saints and the points.
    Ken White, a veteran oddsmaker for Las Vegas Sports Consultants, said he made the line minus-61/2 and the total 61, so he sees small edges to Indianapolis and over the total, which is now about 57.
    White just spent a week in Miami, and he said league insiders talked about how the Saints were a bundle of nerves in their 31-28 overtime victory over the Minnesota Vikings in the NFC Championship Game. Brees appeared overly cautious with some throws, and his offense went three-and-out seven times.
    "If the Saints were nervous in that spotlight," White said, "what's going to happen to them this Sunday?"
    White said he leans to the Colts because of "experience." But he's also concerned about the right ankle injury to defensive end Dwight Freeney, a bulldozer as a pass rusher.
    "Freeney is an important part of that team," White said. "If he comes back and they say he's going to play 85 percent of the plays, I feel the line will go back up to 6. But without Freeney, I'm making it 41/2."
    The 6-foot Brees can stand toe to toe with the 6-foot-5-inch Manning in a passing numbers game.
    Brees posted an NFL-high rating of 109.6 in the regular season, compared with Manning's 99.9 rating. Brees had 34 touchdown passes and 11 interceptions, compared with Manning's 33 and 16. Since the 2006 season, Brees and Manning each have 122 touchdown passes. In his past eight games, including the playoffs, Brees has passed for 21 touchdowns with two interceptions.
    The critics are picking on the weaknesses of the New Orleans defense, and Manning surely will, too. But it's not a no-win situation for the Saints. A no-win dilemma is a height contest between Tom Cruise, Al Pacino and Ryan Seacrest.
    Knocking off Manning is a tall order -- and I have the Colts winning, too -- but Brees and Payton give the Saints a shot.
    Despite the crush of Colts bettors swarming Las Vegas books, White said, "There's going to be a lot of Saints money, as well."
    There are hundreds of ways to bet the Super Bowl, including propositions. Two weeks ago, "in-progress" wagering was a hit at books such as the Las Vegas Hilton, M Resort and Lucky's. At each commercial break, the point spread for the game is adjusted and posted for continual wagering.
    "It's the wave of the future," said Jimmy Vaccaro, director of operations for Lucky's books, based at the Plaza downtown. "People just like to keep betting."
    And many of them will be betting big on Manning.

bigboyfosho
    bigboyfosho's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the info

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

There were a lot of jackasses pretty sure the Patriots had NO CHANCE to lose to NY 2 years ago, i get the feeling alot of people think the same thing about indy, to me these teams match up so evenly, any points you give New Orleans is a gift, its a pick em.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

What I would like to know is how Walters got a full 2 million down on Colts -4 when I see no better than -4.5 anywhere?

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by lt profits View Post
    what i would like to know is how walters got a full 2 million down on colts -4 when i see no better than -4.5 anywhere?
    .........bellagio, las vegas

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    .........bellagio, las vegas

.......some at the MGM as noted also.

I think they quite a bit on the COLTS ML, perhaps even more so then the spread.

I have the COLTS on the ML myself.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Everyone on Colts

Dallas Clark will have a huge game

Enogsiwon
    Dead
    Enogsiwon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saints will win..

Colts will try to control clock through passing game.. this wont work..

Colts have to play mistake free to win..

One of Colts young receivers will make a mistake to cost them the game..

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    What I would like to know is how Walters got a full 2 million down on Colts -4 when I see no better than -4.5 anywhere?
    The line opened at 3.5.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I saw it at 5 1/2 day after the championship games.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Must have bet up quick

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Adam Meyer also going to bet 1 Million

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    The line opened at 3.5.
    I know but I think this was placed a few days ago. Apparently, as FH said, some Vegas books have gone to 4.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I know but I think this was placed a few days ago. Apparently, as FH said, some Vegas books have gone to 4.
    Nah. They're all pretty much at 5 with some at 5.5 yet. Lowest they went was 4.5 anywhere on the downturn.

Tomato
    Tomato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Quote Originally Posted by Grux View Post
    MGM Mirage sports book director Jay Rood did not get into specifics but said, "We took a seven-figure bet on the Colts money line."
    Must have been BigDaddyQH's syndicate.

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

ummmmmm

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Adam Meyer also going to bet 1 Million
    This whole article is complete fiction.

Adam Meyer is cleared to bet $1 million dollars??? The GamblingFamily has more cash than this tout. Thats like saying JJ Gold will bet $490 billion.

Walters is not an action junkie. He probably doesn't have $5 bucks on the game.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

I pass on the game...you don't have to bet the superbowl side or moneyline. Find some good props that is where the value is it seems

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20697

agree, if bw had bet anywhere near that amount the line would have moved. spread and m/l have barely budged.
    fairy tale

gomiamigo
    Colts NFL ats
    gomiamigo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    The line opened at 3.5.
    Opened at 3 offshore, one apparently even opened it at 2.5.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

if the line is -5 on this neutral field which it is, the colts should be an 8 point favorite at home and a 2 point favorite at new orleans. if they were at home this line would not be 8 and on the road favored by 2, ever on this earth. now which team has the value?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Love New Orleans chances tomorrow, will be a super game for sure

SBR_John
    Wisky

I would bet this is a false pig-in-a-poke manipulation try. The line if anything has moved on NO. I talked to the big bookmakers while I was in Costa Rica and they claimed every sharp was trying to time the right price to take NO. They think its too many points.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

Adam Meyer is cleared to bet $1 million dollars??? The GamblingFamily has more cash than this tout. Thats like saying JJ Gold will bet $490 billion.

you can't be serious?

Tomato
    Tomato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

LOL!!!

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

These guys are making a mistake by insuring Indy ML with NO and the points.
    They would be better off Taking Indy by 1-6 margin of victory at 5-2 and NO ML

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Middle it:
    Saints +7.5 -180
    Colts ML -200

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    if the line is -5 on this neutral field which it is, the colts should be an 8 point favorite at home and a 2 point favorite at new orleans. if they were at home this line would not be 8 and on the road favored by 2, ever on this earth. now which team has the value?
    It would have been Saints -2.5 at N.O.
    and Colts -4.5 at Indy

Fishhead

you can't be serious?

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 245

Colts baby

les goooooooooooo

!!!!

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great read, thanks for posting

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Makes me feel much more confident about being on the colts as well

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoprano View Post
    Colts baby

les goooooooooooo

!!!!

A few minutes ago in my thread you stated the SAINTS would roll........

SBR_John
    Wisky

you can't be serious?
    I am. Do you really think the tout Adam meyer will bet $1 million dollars??? That's the biggest clue this is just fiction. Of course the other obvios clue Is the line itself. Do you also believe Walters would bet $2 million and then the line would move against him??? It's fiction BD.

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 245

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    A few minutes ago in my thread you stated the SAINTS would roll........
    Typo

I meant Saints. (have also started a couple threads posting I need the Saints)

1234 Last