Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Michael Floyd is bigger signing for Pats than most think

He's not gonna light it up but he'll be great in the playoffs. If there's a matchup they want they'll use him for sure. Great weapon to have if a team is susceptible on deep balls. He'll come up with a few clutch plays here and there and if you think about it Pats got this guy for nothing -- was the Cards number 2 WR last year, young... Brady bout to whoop that ass into shape.

Floyd wins a ring?

Redemption stories?

Na

Brady stories.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Floyd blows. He has the second worst drops per #of targets % in the league. His life is in shambles. This falling asleep, drunk at the wheel in the middle of the street with his foot on the brake isn't an isolated thing. Guy has life issues and it has affected his play. Floyd won't be on the playoff roster and he will be someone else's problem for next year with his multiple game suspension.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Fukin Floyd, I had it all set up to insert Mitchell into my flex for the Championship week against the Jets pathetic pass defense but now I might not because they signed this clown. I can see them taking reps away to get this drunk fuk some playing time

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Does not matter who plays for Pats

Any receiver can catch ball at that level with top flight QB

Turbonomic
    Turbonomic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

He's learning the playbook for a signing next year. I doubt he'll have much playoff impact, but it's basically an extended training camp and practice with Brady. Another smart move by Bill.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Just watched the video. Kid needs help.

I thought all the leagues have an 800# for 24/7 pick up of players?
    Who kept serving this dude, then let him drive?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Could work out. If it doesn't no harm.

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

Floyd cant even drink a beer

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Isn't this guy going to jail? How is he going to be in the playoffs

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

He had a BAC of .217

That is shitfaced

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by rizespor View Post
    Isn't this guy going to jail? How is he going to be in the playoffs
    It's a mandatory 45 days in jail if you have over a >.2 BAC. However, he won't have serve it till after the season and the NFL won't suspend him till next season if they do.

Patriots will get whatever they can out of him and then he's a free agent after the season.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

This guy?

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

I never understood this. The car is your property. I know it's borderline, but how are you driving under the influence if you aren't actually (nor were ever seen) driving?

Is the idea that you "would have driven" if you could have? How do you prove that?

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    I never understood this. The car is your property. I know it's borderline, but how are you driving under the influence if you aren't actually (nor were ever seen) driving?

Is the idea that you "would have driven" if you could have? How do you prove that?
    The ignition was on so I think that makes it a DUI. Plus he was in the middle of the road.

If he has been sleeping in his car in a parking lot then no DUI.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Report was that he was passed out in the middle of the street with his foot on the brake, car ignition on. I believe the law in most states is if you are in "immediate control" of your vehicle and are under the influenced you can get popped for DUI. Immediate control can be argued that if you are drunk, have your keys in your pocket, sitting in the driver's seat, you have immediate control of the vehicle.

My buddy's dad was drunk in his driveway blasting the music to his new SUV. Neighbors called the cops, engine wasn't on, he wasn't driving (he was before, but cops couldn't prove that) and he got hauled off to jail for DUI.

I've also heard of the two step rule. Make sure it takes more than pulling the keys out of your pocket and putting them in the ignition. So, let's say you are sleeping one off in your car...put the keys in the glovebox, trunk, center counsel and do not be in the driver's seat. That way, you can argue that you had no intent of driving. AZ has the strictest DUI laws in the U.S. mandatory jail time, more for extreme DUI which this looks to be. Interlock devices on all your cars for even a first time DUI. It's not worth it, I uber these days.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Well he passed out at a red light and the cop saw him sitting there through two green light cycles

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

45 days in jail.. hard to catch a pass behind bars

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Floyd blows. He has the second worst drops per #of targets % in the league. His life is in shambles. This falling asleep, drunk at the wheel in the middle of the street with his foot on the brake isn't an isolated thing. Guy has life issues and it has affected his play. Floyd won't be on the playoff roster and he will be someone else's problem for next year with his multiple game suspension.
    Brady gonna turn his life around with a few simple words

Notorious_Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Brady gonna turn his life around with a few simple words
    Hernandez too?

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_Donk View Post
    Hernandez too?

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11842

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    This guy?
    Wow, that's pretty bad. He's lucky he didn't kill someone driving in that condition. These guys shouldn't be drinking at all during the season, let alone getting plastered.

unde0087
    Did we win?

My question is, how the fuk is this guy being allowed to move to another state and practice, possibly play, in the NFL? Anyone else would still be in jail or instructed not to leave the city. What a joke

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Keep him away from the champagne in the locker room.

Notorious_Donk

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    My question is, how the fuk is this guy being allowed to move to another state and practice, possibly play, in the NFL? Anyone else would still be in jail or instructed not to leave the city. What a joke
    That was exactly my question too. He should still be in jail or house arrest, but no he's going to go make a bunch of money and possibly win an NFL championship.

Let's put an average joe in this situation and see what happens....

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I got a DWI like 2 to 5 hours after I got home, and was asleep in my bed. No clue the timeframe. But, to your point, I believe in most places even if you're sleeping in it with keys in the ignition then you will get a DWI/DUI. Kind of messed up in certain situations. Especially if you stay in a parking lot to sleep it off, but keep the car on for heat or just keep the keys in.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    He had a BAC of .217

That is shitfaced
    Eh, not for everyone, but looks like it for him. I'm daily in the high twos, or threes. Takes damn a .2 to feel well.

I hope he gets help. Surprised he kept his foot on the brake. Could have been worse, but no excuse for that. Always liked him as a player, so we'll see what happens. Best of luck to him. Do your time, learn, and don't fck up Mike.

Though, it seems from responses he won't do time. Probably at least probation.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I got a DWI like 2 to 5 hours after I got home, and was asleep in my bed.
    Cuse how does something like his happen?