MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

The Bills... Actually have a plausible shot at making the playoffs.

If they win out, they're likely to be seeded higher than the Dolphins and Broncos.

Dolphins 9-5 Games left: at Bills, vs Patriots

Broncos 8-5 Games left: vs Patriots, at Chiefs, vs Raiders

The Bills have the Browns and Jets still on their schedule, which they'll be favored to win. I can see them pulling an upset on the Dolphins.

The AFC North is the biggest threat to them in terms of record. Ravens probably have won out if they beat the Steelers, in which case we'll end up with the Ravens winning the division and the Steelers taking the 6th wildcard slot at 10-6. Either of those two can just go 9-7 and get the 6th seed based on their tiebreaker over the Bills.

I think the Doplhins@Bills game will be close, and that the Dolphins are in deep trouble if they happen to lose. The Ravens hold a tiebreaker over them.

MoonPond

Scratch that.

Did the math, it'll be very difficult for the Bills to be seeded higher than the Dolphins. Playoffs are not plausible at all.

aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

what the hell you talking about

MoonPond

Quote Originally Posted by aston View Post
    what the hell you talking about
    In a nutshell, suggesting that both the Ravens and Broncos miss the playoffs.

MoonPond

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPond View Post
    In a nutshell, suggesting that both the Ravens and Broncos miss the playoffs.
    I mean, that both the Dolphins and Broncos miss the playoffs.

Do we seriously not have an "edit" feature? God damnit.

Know what, just delete my account. Can someone delete my account and all my posts? Thanks.

MoonPond

Oh screw it. Bills in playoffs! Bills in playoffs!

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Yeah it's possible. They aren't mathematically eliminated. They have some bad losses and prob won't run the table like they need to. Rex sucks...don't know why crappy coaches get fired for sucking and then hired by another team. Wonder if Jeff Fisher will get another head coaching job

MoonPond

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Yeah it's possible. They aren't mathematically eliminated. They have some bad losses and prob won't run the table like they need to. Rex sucks...don't know why crappy coaches get fired for sucking and then hired by another team. Wonder if Jeff Fisher will get another head coaching job
    Results are the initial factor when hiring, but the ability to handle yourself in social settings off-the-field is a prime component in sealing the deal. A few even get hired over more promising individuals. Those types of coaches tend to be highly charismatic.

Rex Ryan, Jeff Fisher and Andy Reid fit that bill. Andy is an outlier in that he's both talented at coaching and personable.

MoonPond

Placed a $1 bet on the Bills winning the SuperBowl. Will net me $400 when they win it.

Bills need to win out, Dolphins and Ravens have to lose out while the Broncos must be exactly 9-7.

I'm bold. Jealous of my genius?

MoonPond

Let's see how my Bills superbowl pick goes.

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPond View Post
    Placed a $1 bet on the Bills winning the SuperBowl. Will net me $400 when they win it.

Bills need to win out, Dolphins and Ravens have to lose out while the Broncos must be exactly 9-7.

I'm bold. Jealous of my genius?
    I am! Super jealous as I'm on the Dolphins +4.5. You might have out geniused my genius!!

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9438

I'm on Miami here at +4.5, spread is way too high. Game should be a pick. I wouldn't touch Miami here if Tannehill was playing, but Moore is smart QB. Let the defense win the game.

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Quote Originally Posted by Calgunner23 View Post
    I am! Super jealous as I'm on the Dolphins +4.5. You might have out geniused my genius!!
    The Bills gave up on Sexy Rexy!