Brady’s first four games at age 39:
    73.1% passing, 1,319 yards, 12 TDs, 0 INTs

Peyton Manning’s first four games at age 39:
    63.6% passing, 968 yards, 6 TDs, 5 INTs

Joe Montana’s first four games at age 38 (his final season):
    63.6% passing, 1,054 yards, 6 TDs, 5 INTs

Dan Marino’s first four games at age 38 (his final season):
    59.3% passing, 1,080 yards, 6 TDs, 4 INTs

Steve Young’s first three games at age 38 (did not play again after Week 3):
    53.6% passing, 446 yards, 3 TDs, 4 INTs

John Elway’s first four games at age 38 (his final season):
    61.3% passing, 781 yards, 6 TDs, 2 INTs

Brett Favre’s first four games at age 39:
    70.2% passing, 935 yards, 12 TDs, 4 INTs

Johnny Unitas’ first four games at age 39:
    56.5% passing, 947 yards, 3 TDs, 4 INTs

Warren Moon’s first four games at age 39:
    62.7% passing, 878 yards, 6 TDs, 3 INTs

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Brady is the man, no doubt.

But with respect to those other Legends besides Manning, football is played much differently in terms of safety and protecting the QB now.

Unless you are Can Newton.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Wow. It's almost like modern medicine and technology are advancing.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I will not believe anything until I can feel his balls.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14043

They hate us cuz they ain't us.

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

It is common knowledge Brady is the best QB in history.... far before he retires or gets his gold jacket.

Anybody who argues otherwise is simply an idiot. Brady never played for any of "my teams" but I know the best when I see it.

He feeds off the negativity, that is what champions do to find the motivation. He just might make up another scandal for next season to find a reason to kick everybody's ass again. He will be around for several more years to go.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9592

Who doesn't love Tom Brady...What a thrill to be able to watch him .

~~~~~~~~~~~~

1b) Joe Montana

San Francisco 49ers, 1979-1992; Kansas City Chiefs, 1993-94
    To say it is difficult to put Joe Montana behind anyone is a gross understatement. Put another way: It sucks. At the height of his career, Montana was the best quarterback I've ever seen. His accuracy on slants made a zillion plays for Jerry Rice and allowed John Taylor to go 90 yards (twice!) in Anaheim in a 1989 "Monday Night Football" barnburner. For a better view of Montana's accuracy, watch the NFL Films program on Super Bowl XXIV, which was the worst Super Bowl ever -- thanks to Montana's torching of the Broncos' defense. Only four times in the 1980s did a quarterback post a passer rating of 100 or better, and Montana did it three of those times.
    Montana was more mobile and smoother out of the pocket than anyone else in this top five. He's far and away the top player in Super Bowl history. He pulled down two NFL MVPs and started four Super Bowls while in San Francisco before missing almost two full seasons to injury. His second act in Kansas City resulted in the Chiefs making their first conference championship game since the AFL-NFL merger. Ultimately, the only knock on Montana is that he missed approximately 3.5 seasons over the course of his career to injury.
    One Fact You Might Not Know, But Must: Montana blows everyone away, including our quarterback below, in terms of Super Bowl legacy. In his four Super starts, the Hall of Fame quarterback went 4-0 with 11 touchdown passes, no interceptions, a 127.8 passer rating and three game MVP awards.

1a) Tom Brady
    ����⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

New England Patriots, 2000-2016

Tom Brady edges Montana -- for now. Much to sort through here, but I feel Brady has earned the right, even as an active player, to be called the greatest quarterback in NFL history. What pushes him past the legendary passer is his durability in the latter stages of his career. Brady has performed at a superior level past the 12-year mark, something Montana was not able to do consistently. In fact, the only starts Brady's missed recently have been the four games he lost to his Deflategate suspension.
    Now, there are those who might feel that debacle -- along with Spygate -- should put him behind Montana (who never had any controversy surrounding his career). While I understand the point, there is too much conjecture and not enough evidence that Brady needed any help being Tom Brady ... which is to say, the most dominant quarterback of the modern era. He owns all the hardware: two NFL MVPs, three Super Bowl MVPs and a pair of passing titles (2005 and 2007). He guided New England to a perfect regular-season record in 2007 while setting a passing-touchdown record with 50 (which has since been broken) along the way. Since becoming the starter in 2001, he's missed the postseason just once, in 2002. Speaking of, Brady's regular-season record as a starter is 174-51, giving him an even better winning percentage (.773) than Staubach (.746). Perhaps most importantly, Brady shows no signs of slowing down, throwing 42 touchdowns against seven interceptions over his last 18 regular-season games.
    One Fact You Might Not Know, But Must: This was pointed out to me by my colleague Jamie Dukes, and it bears repeating: Tom Brady has taken his team to 10 AFC Championship Games -- 10! That total surpasses the number of years Megatron played in the league (nine). Think about that.
    Follow Elliot Harrison on Twitter @HarrisonNFL.
    Last edited by 19th Hole; 10-31-16 at 02:11 PM. Reason: ����⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

G.o.a.t.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Brady is good but its all about the system also, dont know why teams dont copy their offensive scheme. Many qbs can thrive in it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan9698 View Post
    It is common knowledge Brady is the best QB in history.... far before he retires or gets his gold jacket.

Anybody who argues otherwise is simply an idiot. Brady never played for any of "my teams" but I know the best when I see it.

He feeds off the negativity, that is what champions do to find the motivation. He just might make up another scandal for next season to find a reason to kick everybody's ass again. He will be around for several more years to go.
    Plus rarely plays with great teams

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Brady is a product of belicheat. It's the coach who should be getting the credit. Brady is just good on any other team. Peyton, arod, Brees etc are all better than dink and dunk tom if they have belicheat and the nwe team

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    G.o.a.t.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

I would have liked to have seen him start for the Browns or Jets,if he can win them a SB,then I would have said yeah he's the GOAT,but just seems like every QB under Bellichek seems to flourish. Matt Cassell was a perfect example.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

brady is a exceptional qb who plays in an even BETTER system as evidenced by the first 4 games. Alot of qbs would thrive in that system too but i doubt brady would be as succesfull as he has been playing 4 another coach/system.

If u paired manning or any of those other qbs with bellichek they would have more rings too. He owes alot to the system and the stability that bellichek provides.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12894

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I would have liked to have seen him start for the Browns or Jets,if he can win them a SB,then I would have said yeah he's the GOAT,but just seems like every QB under Bellichek seems to flourish. Matt Cassell was a perfect example.
    Where is he today ????

afgballer56
    afgballer56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

GOAT
    if he wins another ring it will jus sement it

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Wondering how much longer the "dynasty" will last; and will it be "The Dark Ages" after that.....as was experienced by the SF and DAL dynasties of yesteryear.

...although SF's was prolonged with the arrival of a second hall of famer after the first one retired.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

There seems to be a select few players that have "it".

Brady has it, Bird had it.

It's an intangible that resists exact definition.

Even Flutie had "it".

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

All hail lord Brady

TheLangster
    TheLangster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1675

matt cassell went 10-6 and missed the playoffs with the same team that brady went 18-1 with and was one play away from winning the superbowl a year earlier

this season without brady at home pats didnt score a single point against the bills, but away to the same team with brady 2 weeks later the pats scored 41 points

tom brady goat, and soon to be 5x SB winner

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 672

Tom Brady lead teams - caught cheating every superbowl year

All other hall of famer combined - never caught cheating

End of thread

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Nope NOT end of thread... just the end of you stating your ridiculous opinion

Brady was never caught cheating at anything. Goodell has a hardon for the Patriots, and that has been proven. Deflated balls? LOL that is not a scandal, but if the commish says it is there are more than enough willing participants to start nodding their heads.

System my ass. Belicheck was a miserable coach in Cleveland before he found a decent franchise and a HOF quarterback

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Brady is probably the only QB in history to get a custom piece of fan made art work like this.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

settle down Sammy you're gushing like LKid asking Rocky for his self portraits here

Brady replaceable too

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    There seems to be a select few players that have "it".

Brady has it, Bird had it.

It's an intangible that resists exact definition.

Even Flutie had "it".
    found the Bostonian

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Tom Brady lead teams - caught cheating every superbowl year

All other hall of famer combined - never caught cheating

End of thread
    facts must be tough for you

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Anyone can have an opinion of a player for another franchise. It does make it tough when that player has kicked your asses all over the field for 15+ years to acknowledge his greatness.

Took me many, many years to understand how ridiculous Magic was. Now, when anyone does one of those all-time NBA threads and they don`t have Earvin Johnson as their point guard, I shake my head.
    Magic at PG, MJ @ 2 written in stone. Then a debate can commence for your small forward, power forward and center.

GOAT QB. IDK. TB12 will always be my favorite as a Boston guy. But there are a few out their that have a legit argument. I would be happy to sit at a bar, pound some drafts, watch some film, compare stats.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6765

Cool, now come back and bump this with first 4 game stats after Brady has finished his final season and retired... or been released by the Patriots

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    brady is a exceptional qb who plays in an even BETTER system as evidenced by the first 4 games. Alot of qbs would thrive in that system too but i doubt brady would be as succesfull as he has been playing 4 another coach/system.

If u paired manning or any of those other qbs with bellichek they would have more rings too. He owes alot to the system and the stability that bellichek provides.
    This is like saying Michael Jordan might not have been that good, because he didn't win anything until Phil Jackson's system showed up in town.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Where is he today ????
    Your not getting my point,Cassell was a product of the Bellichek system,not saying he was in Bradys league,never said that,but what I am saying is he has enjoyed playing under Bellichek his whole carrer and had he played for a team like the Browns,or a similar team he wouldn't have won any SB,hed still be putting up good numbers but he wouldn't have the hardware.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    This is like saying Michael Jordan might not have been that good, because he didn't win anything until Phil Jackson's system showed up in town.
    Jordan could have won anywhere,put a couple decent players with him like Reggie or Charles hed have probably done what he did in Chicago.

TheLangster

Jordan could have won anywhere,put a couple decent players with him like Reggie or Charles hed have probably done what he did in Chicago.

as i said already, the team that went 18-1 with brady as qb, missed the playoffs without brady the very next year with matt cassell

also brady just scored 41 points away to a team the patriots couldnt score on even once at home 3 weeks earlier without him

/thread
    Last edited by TheLangster; 11-01-16 at 10:57 AM.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by TheLangster View Post
    as i said already, the team that went 18-1 with brady as qb, missed the playoffs without brady the very next year with matt cassell

also brady just scored 41 points away to a team the patriots couldnt score on even once at home

/thread
    Yeah and like I said he's a good QB,no question,but take him out of the Bellichek system and put him on the Bills or Browns during his prime years,do you think hed have gone 18-1.

I think Rodgers could have done the same if he ended up with Bellichek.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 11-01-16 at 10:51 AM.

TheLangster

Yeah and like I said he's a good QB,no question,but take him out of the Bellichek system and put him on the Bills or Browns during his prime years,do you think hed have gone 18-1.

I think Rodgers could have done the same if he ended up with Bellichek.

this is all speculation, maybe rogers could be as successful with bellichek as brady is, or maybe he wouldnt be

maybe without brady bellichek would have won nothing

its all speculation

the only fact that we know for sure is that brady is insane at qb

although i guess we'll find out at some point, brady is 39 and sooner or later he will retire, then we'll see if belichek will replicate his success without brady
    Last edited by TheLangster; 11-01-16 at 11:17 AM.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan9698 View Post

12 Last