bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not again Pacman Jones

Pacman Jones will never learn will he. At the rate he's going he will never play in the NFL again.

'Pacman' Jones sought for questioning about shooting incident

By S.A. Reid
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 06/18/07

Troubled NFL star Adam "Pacman" Jones is wanted for questioning in a shooting early Monday at a DeKalb County strip club that left one man with minor injuries.

However, police said they do not think Jones was directly involved in the shooting. They believe members of his entourage were involved.

DeKalb police confirmed they want to talk to the College Park native, whose entourage got into an argument with three other men about 4:16 a.m. at Club Blaze, a Moreland Avenue strip club, according to Officer Ariel Toledo, a department spokesman.

When the men with whom they argued left the club, Jones's entourage followed them in two vehicles police identified as a green Dodge Charger and a black Pontiac Grand Prix. Toledo said police believe Jones was in a third vehicle, identified as a Cadillac Escalade, and was not directly involved in the shooting or in chasing the victim's car.

Someone from Jones' entourage allegedly shot into the vehicle they were following, Toledo said. Someone in the victim's car returned fire. One person in the victim's car suffered minor injuries from shrapnel, but refused treatment, Toledo said. The gunfire exchange happened near I-285.

"We're still investigating," Toledo said. "We want to speak to Adam 'Pacman' Jones because we believe the people he was with were involved."

No charges have yet been filed in the case.

Jones, who went to Westlake High School, was suspended on April 10 for the upcoming season under the NFL's new stricter player conduct policy. He has been interviewed by police 10 times and been arrested five times since being drafted in 2005. Last week he dropped his appeal of the punishment after meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

"Last week, I asked for an opportunity to meet privately with commissioner Goodell," Jones said in a statement last week. "I met with him [Tuesday] to tell him about the steps I have taken to change my life since being suspended by the NFL. I accept the discipline that's been imposed on me and I am withdrawing my appeal."

The season-long suspension could have been reduced to 10 games had Jones met requirements set by Goodell in last week's meeting. Jones was to make $1,292,500 this season.

The most serious of Jones' troubles occurred during in Las Vegas in February when a fight and shooting at a strip club during the NBA All-Star weekend that paralyzed one person. Police recommended felony and misdemeanor charges against Jones.

In 2005, Jones was charged in Nashville with assault and vandalism stemming from an altercation at a night club.

Jones' agent Michael Huyghue said last week that the player would spend his suspension working out and taking online courses from the University of West Virginia, where he played collegiately.

At the time of the suspension, Titans owner Bud Adams told the Associated Press that the team respected Goodell's decision and added: "We are hopeful that it will achieve the goals of disciplining the player and eventually enabling him to return to the field of play."
    http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metr...kshooting.html

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't get past the 'shooting outside the strip joint' level. Somebody give the guy a game cheat.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

i like pacman jones. i mean his story is the most entertaining one. "making it rain"....haha.

On the morning of February 19, 2007 during the 2007 NBA All-Star Game weekend in Las Vegas, Jones is alleged to have been involved in an altercation with an exotic dancer at a local strip club. Cornelius Haynes Jr., better known as the rapper Nelly, and Jones patronized the club on the evening in question. Haynes began to shower the stage with hundreds of dollars in ones, an act known as "making it rain". Jones then joined Haynes by throwing his own money for "visual effect". Club promoter Chris Mitchell then directed his dancers to collect the money. According to the club's co-owner, Jones become enraged when one of the dancers began taking the money without his permission. He allegedly grabbed her by her hair and slammed her head on the stage. A security guard intervened and scuffled with members of Jones' entourage of half a dozen people. Jones then allegedly threatened the guard's life.[7] During this time Mitchell and a male associate left the club with a garbage bag filled with $81,020 of Jones' money and two Breitling watches, which Police later recovered.[8] After club patrons exited following the original confrontation, the club owner says a person in Jones' entourage returned with a gun and fired into a crowd, hitting three people, including the security guard involved in the earlier skirmish. Although the guard was shot twice, one of the people hit, former professional wrestler Tommy Urbanski, was paralyzed from the waist down. Jones maintains that he did not know the shooter, although the club's owner insists that Jones did. On March 26, 2007 the Las Vegas Police recommended to the city's district attorney that Jones be charged with one count of felony coercion and also a misdemeanor count of battery and a misdemeanor count of threat to life.[9]

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

If this guy lives to the age of 30, I'll be impressed.....I'll take the under for full value if some site puts up a line.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

If he didn't learn after the first strip joint shooting, and a year long suspension from the NFL. He won't.

What a shame.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

And not to be one-upped...the Bengals made sure they made the police blotter as well )

Bengals suffer another arrest with RB Wilson Click here to find out more!
    NFL.com wire reports

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (June 18, 2007) -- Running back Quincy Wilson was charged with disorderly conduct for failing to disperse after a weekend wedding party, making him the 10th Cincinnati Bengals player arrested in the past 14 months.

The former West Virginia star was with a wedding party celebrating outside a downtown bar around 3 a.m. June 17 when he and 13 others refused a police request to leave, assistant prosecuting attorney Lora Maynard said.

Some were charged with disorderly conduct, others with obstructing justice and underage drinking, police Lt. Hank Dial said.

The running back was booked at a jail and released that afternoon. He is scheduled to appear in Huntington Municipal Court on July 19.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said it was inappropriate for the team to comment on Wilson's arrest because the matter is unresolved.

Dial said police wanted to disperse the crowd because some shots had been fired about 30 minutes earlier a block from the bar. None of those arrested with Wilson were thought to be connected to the shooting, Dial said.

Wilson is the 10th Bengals player arrested in the past 14 months, a streak of misconduct that drew the attention of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, resulted in three suspensions and made Cincinnati an example of players gone bad.

Wilson is the third former West Virginia player in the NFL to get into trouble in recent years. Wilson was the Mountaineers' leading rusher his final season.

Atlanta drafted the running back in the seventh round in 2004. The Bengals signed him off the Falcons' practice squad later that year, and he spent the next year on Cincinnati's practice squad.

Wilson got into three games last season, carrying two times for 2 yards in an Oct. 1 loss to New England. He was waived on Oct. 19 and signed back onto the practice squad.

Wilson, who lives in Weirton, was a teammate of receiver Chris Henry, a Bengals player who has been arrested four times. Goodell suspended Henry for two games last season for misconduct, and has suspended him for the first eight games of the 2007 season for his most recent convictions.

Another former West Virginia player, Titans cornerback Pacman Jones, has been suspended for the entire 2007 season. Jones was being sought by police as a witness in a shooting early Monday involving members of his entourage after a fight at an Atlanta strip club.

Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman was suspended last season for violating the league's substance abuse policy. He has yet to be reinstated.

Last month, linebacker A.J. Nicholson was arrested on a domestic violence charge in northern Kentucky, across the Ohio River from Cincinnati. The Bengals released him three days later.

pico
    USC ml

pacman jones's strip club incident is still the best. other arrests are kind of lame.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some cops just want to brag they once arrested a NFL player. The way some players are stalked by cops is ridiculous.

pico
    USC ml

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Some cops just want to brag they once arrested a NFL player. The way some players are stalked by cops is ridiculous.
    i hate cops