CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Week 3 NFL Lines - What stands out? Trap line?

Pats home underdogs this thursday. Seen somewhere they're 10-2 SU since 2001 as home underdogs. Most likely a meaningless trend but Belichick and Co. will always battle and getting a few pts helps.

Miami -10? Dolphins almost rallied vs the Pats. Browns looked god awful after the 1q vs the Ravens. If the Browns come in looking like they did after the first quarter - Miami should roll. You could say the same for Miami in the 1st half vs NE but Miami actually has some weapons. Don't expect Crowell/Coleman to have outstanding games like that on a consistent basis.

Seattle -9.5? Bettors will be all over SF. Hawks offense has been dead and you're getting 9.5 pts on a team which beat LA 28-0 that beat Seattle 9-3. Take Seattle - they'll wake up.

Jax PK - They need this game. I don't know what to think of the Ravens but I'm not sold on anything they present and Jax off a bad loss - already 0-2 this season....need this W bad.

Zona -4 on the road? Bills look like a complete mess. I had this around Zona -5.5 which it looks like it opened at. This has Zona by 1-3 pts written all over it. I won't be touching it.

What other games stand out?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Vikings getting more than a TD at Carolina. Could be a letdown after the big emotional division win last night but they can beat the Panthers.

Titans giving points is strange to see (even though they're only a 1 point fave).

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10317

I thought Minnesota +7.5 @Carolina was headscratcher, would've expected 4.5 to 6 but a td + hook seems trappish as hell...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

too early Canuck

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    too early Canuck
    Will be too late by the time you figure it out
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave lakerboy 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

Buffalo and Detroit look good; Patriots if Garropolo is near healthy.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

I like Jags at home against Baltimore. Jags need to win. Baltimore due for a loss.

Carolina should wax Minnesota and Bradford.

I like SEA and Cleveland for same reasons Canuck gave. Probably won't take either more than -10 though.

What is the Cinci line waiting on? Who is hurt? Cinci should win that game, I'd guess they will be a small fave.

Buffalo with the extra rest and new OC should help. Bills or pass I think.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I like Jags at home against Baltimore. Jags need to win. Baltimore due for a loss.

I like SEA and Cleveland for same reasons Canuck gave. Probably won't take either more than -10 though.

What is the Cinci line waiting on? Who is hurt? Cinci should win that game, I'd guess they will be a small fave.

Thing with the bills is the new OC isn't changing much. Their offense was fine last week.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Vikings +7 and 49ers +9.5

The lines are about 3 points off in my model. I have Panthers -4 and Seahawks -6.5.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Thing with the bills is the new OC isn't changing much. Their offense was fine last week.
    No it wasn't. Did you watch the game or just look at the "31" they put up? They didn't reach the red zone until under 2 minutes in the game. Their defense scored a TD. They scored a garbage time TD under 2 mins vs a prevent defense. And they had two flukey big plays (both over 70 yards) due to breakdown in NYJ's defense.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28935

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Will be too late by the time you figure it out

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Going allin on Jags, good spot.

jjgold

Nobody knows who's going to win any game it's all random especially the pointspreads and when you win just guessed right.

if you look at all these games and how their decided it has nothing to do with handicapping it's pure luck how that ball bounced or a Penalties

BaseballChaser
    BaseballChaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buy low sell high. Take Jacksonville against Baltimore.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Pats home underdogs this thursday. Seen somewhere they're 10-2 SU since 2001 as home underdogs. Most likely a meaningless trend but Belichick and Co. will always battle and getting a few pts helps.

Miami -10? Dolphins almost rallied vs the Pats. Browns looked god awful after the 1q vs the Ravens. If the Browns come in looking like they did after the first quarter - Miami should roll. You could say the same for Miami in the 1st half vs NE but Miami actually has some weapons. Don't expect Crowell/Coleman to have outstanding games like that on a consistent basis.

Seattle -9.5? Bettors will be all over SF. Hawks offense has been dead and you're getting 9.5 pts on a team which beat LA 28-0 that beat Seattle 9-3. Take Seattle - they'll wake up.

Jax PK - They need this game. I don't know what to think of the Ravens but I'm not sold on anything they present and Jax off a bad loss - already 0-2 this season....need this W bad.

Zona -4 on the road? Bills look like a complete mess. I had this around Zona -5.5 which it looks like it opened at. This has Zona by 1-3 pts written all over it. I won't be touching it.

What other games stand out?
    that's because rookie Cody Kessler is starting at QB for the Cleveland Browns...McCown injured his shoulder against the Ravens and is out for this game...line had originally opened up at 6.5 - 7 and then jumped up to 9.5 - 10 after the news broke out....Browns have signed longtime journeyman Charlie Whitehurst as a backup.
    Last edited by Da Manster!; 09-20-16 at 01:00 AM.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Seahawks are known to dominate the 49ers at home.
    I would stay away from the Jags vs Ravens game.

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Vikings +7 and 49ers +9.5

The lines are about 3 points off in my model. I have Panthers -4 and Seahawks -6.5.
    So you think the Seahawks are a PK in San Fran?

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

+9.5 for the niners is begging for there money come on people they see that 9.5 and there all over it Seahawks should roll in this one... I think steelers cover again and roll....Minnesota defensively has what it takes to make cam spin....

GoSTEELERS77
    GoSTEELERS77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Whatever Denver line is, cincy will win.

Pitt rolls the eagles.

pilebuck13

Is it to early to feel good about pit futures lol

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

What are you guys seeing for Bears @ Cowboys line? I've never seen where my book doesn't have it posted but yet espn is showing -4.5 under the NFL schedule section..weird, Bears are just a hot mess again this year, Cutler makes too many mistakes and the the back end of that Defense simply can't even tackle

rockmvp1209
    rockmvp1209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3931

Seahawks -10 is a trap

WildBillCappin
    WildBillCappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Nobody knows who's going to win any game it's all random especially the pointspreads and when you win just guessed right.
    if you look at all these games and how their decided it has nothing to do with handicapping it's pure luck how that ball bounced or a Penalties

Spoken like a true loser.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    What are you guys seeing for Bears @ Cowboys line? I've never seen where my book doesn't have it posted but yet espn is showing -4.5 under the NFL schedule section..weird, Bears are just a hot mess again this year, Cutler makes too many mistakes and the the back end of that Defense simply can't even tackle
    I saw DALL - 7 earlier but now it's off the board. Can't see Dall at anything less than 6/7 whether Cutler plays or not.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Bears always play well in dallas

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by rockmvp1209 View Post
    Seahawks -10 is a trap
    If you think everyone is jumping on Seattle -10 you must be tripping

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Can't see it this year. CHI in for a long year.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Right now Im thinking you nailed the last two : Jacksonville & Buffalo. Both at home, complete desperation, pretty much can't even sell to fan base rest of season at 0-3.

jjgold

not after last night

Bears season is over Son

PorkChop

Golden Nugget has Bears +4.5 right now, Palms has them +7.5

PorkChop

JJ are you going all in on a baseball tonight?

AUSTINRUSSELL
    Born with Aces
    AUSTINRUSSELL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3031

If you really believe this you need to go outside and plant a garden. Maybe pick some flowers and make a nice dinner for someone. Just stop watching sports and grow old playing bingo. Most of the winning betters are winning because they are looking at lines, patterns, comparing defense vs offense. Defense vs defense. There are a few unpredictable things however rarely does 1 thing or another completely change an entire game. Its a 60 minute game and you have a week to figure it out. So what you should do is drink a beer. Stop feeling sorry for yourself if you had a losing week and start looking at some match ups.

Oh and good luck.

MalikHusam
    I LIKE IT
    MalikHusam's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 906

gonkowski out = NE under
    Wilson in = SEA under

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post

No one is waxing Minnesota this year with that defense.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Look at 0-2 teams to win. Dolphins, Saints, Jaguars, Redskins.

I would round robin these 4 teams in 3 team parlays.

12 Last