irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Is Jeff Fisher and the Rams for real about Goff?

Jeff Fisher: Goff probably inactive this week, we’ll flip it next week

Posted by Josh Alper on September 6, 2016, 4:56 PM EDT
    Getty Images
    Before the Eagles traded Sam Bradford to the Vikings, they said their plan for the immediate future was for second overall pick Carson Wentzto be inactive for games as the No. 3 quarterback.
    That plan changed with Bradford’s trade and Wentz will now be the team’s starter. The plan in Los Angeles isn’t changing, however. Coach Jeff Fisher said last week that first overall pick Jared Goffwill likely be the No. 3 quarterback and said Tuesday that nothing has changed on that front.
    That means Goff is slated to be in street clothes Sunday with Sean Mannionbacking up Case Keenum, although the coach added that things will flip for Week Two.
    “Jared’s had a great camp, so has Sean. Case is clearly our starter. I think Week 1 just to settle things down … it’s probably going to be, like I mentioned last week, it’s probably going to be three and inactive,” Fisher said to Steve Wyche of NFL Media. “That’s just how it goes. And then next week we’ll flip them. I just want him to feel and sense and absorb the pressures of Week 1. He’s going to be a great player. As we’ve said from Day One, we’re not rushing him. We don’t have to rush it. I’m really happy with where he is right now. It’s unfair to compare him to anybody else. I know Philly has got their situation, it’s a little different and trading Sam so Carson is going to start, but you know Jared is in a good place right now. He’s done some really good things, so I’m really pleased with his progress.”
    Fisher also reiterated that the team believes Goff is a franchise quarterback “regardless of what everybody else is saying out there.” Those voices are unlikely to quiet down until Goff is at least a starting quarterback.

Permalink 56 Comments Latest Stories in: Los Ange

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

You use the first pick in the draft to grab who you think is the best QB in all of college football, you say he had a great camp and then not only do you not start him but don't even let him suit up with the team. Has an NFL team ever drafted a QB number one and then not even let him suit up before?

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Between Goff and Wentz one will be a bust. Goff will probably make it because he isn't being thrown to the wolves and there is no pressure in LA to win. In Philly the pressure is gone be crazy. Look how much pressure was put on McNabb by the media and fans and he was a winner. I think Wentz is gone be Ryan Leaf 2.0.

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

Goff will be a bust he got hurt in every preseason game it looked like. He is weak and wont make it in the NFL