Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Mike Rose: AFL Play, Dragons +14 at Desperados

Bet Dragons to stay within Desperados' spread

Game Time: 06/16/2007 08:30 PM
    By: Mike Rose | who2beton.com

Embarrassed the last time they faced Dallas, the New York Dragons will be seeking a little revenge in Big D tonight when they take on the Desperados in AFL action.

A couple of factors go into this play, and they’re the only two reasons we’ll be grabbing all these points with the New York Dragons.

The first is the fact that Dallas went into the Big Apple way back in Week 1 of this season and laid the smack-down as they triumphed by a whopping 60-7 final count. This was a beating unlike any I’ve seen in this league, and one the Dragons players and coaching staff won’t soon have forgotten.

The second reason for this position is that I believe Georgia will go down in defeat on Friday night to Orlando. By doing so, this will give Dallas the opportunity to clinch home field advantage with a win here this evening. Surprisingly, the Desperados have been a better team on the road this year than at home. They’ve escaped a number of losses with some fantastic second half comebacks and late defensive stops that ultimately allowed them to attain their 13-1 mark to date.

I really like the Dragons in this spot with them foaming at the mouth to get after these guys after their first game of the season, and the fact that Dallas might pull some of their regulars in the second half. I don’t foresee a Dallas collapse here, but I do foresee the Dragons hanging within this lofty point spread.

Free Pick: Dragons +14 (-110)

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

woese beating than last time

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Ouch.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!