The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

An NFL future you need on your portfolio.

Let me preface this by saying this team has a brutal schedule and probably won't even make the playoffs.

With that said, these odds are just too juicy to pass up. And if they do get in the playoffs, they would have a punchers chance. They had both a top 10 offense and defense last season.

Everyone seems to like the coach, and this team kind of reminds me of Denver from last season. Defense wins championships, and this one's decent enough to give them a shot.

New York Jets +6500 at 5 dimes.
    Points Awarded:

aggieshawn gave The Giant 170 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

i would need 200-1...not enough value

turkkatarian
    turkkatarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17555

Jets Hahaha. Fitzpatrick has never even been to the playoffs ever let alone win a super bowl. Waste of money imo

The Giant

We are talking about winning $100 for every $1.50 spent.

I'll take my chances.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Good luck. When Jets get a good qb, let us know.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Fitzpatrick is the ghetto version of Palmer.
    I'll take my chances on the Cardinals odds, they are the better version of the Jets on offense. Similar defenses on both teams.

The Giant

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't much worse than Peyton Manning was at this point last season.

And come on, the guys hair is out of this world:

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Good luck. When Jets get a good qb, let us know.
    This.

I just think he's going to have a terrible year.

GL Giant.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Not happening I'll take steelers plus 1200 though

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24611

Giant, I can't dispute this play. If u think you're getting double fair-odds, go for it.

My only question would be how they get there. Nowadays, route is so much easier by winning Division. Jets are NOT one of the Patriot opponents during Brady suspension.

My opinion is that the one game that can tilt the division is Buffalo winning at NewEng. If i was taking a play at odds, i'd look at Buffalo to win Division, 6/1.

Good luck on the play. How cool would it be to see Fireman Ed riding some dude's shoulders again?

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Giant, I can't dispute this play. If u think you're getting double fair-odds, go for it.

My only question would be how they get there. Nowadays, route is so much easier by winning Division. Jets are NOT one of the Patriot opponents during Brady suspension.

My opinion is that the one game that can tilt the division is Buffalo winning at NewEng. If i was taking a play at odds, i'd look at Buffalo to win Division, 6/1.

Good luck on the play. How cool would it be to see Fireman Ed riding some dude's shoulders again?
    I'm not going to lie, Chucky, their schedule is pretty brutal. The Jets season total wins is set at eight, heavily favored to the under. Good chance they don't even make the playoffs, but if they do, you never know. They always match up well against the Patriots. And Firemen Ed is back? I had no idea. This improves things dramatically.

Are you still in Vegas? I'm guessing you won't see +6500 there.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't much worse than Peyton Manning was at this point last season.

And come on, the guys hair is out of this world:

Beavis with a beard. There is a reason no other team aside from the Jets wanted him. Guy is a turnover machine.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

its no good sir. ...zero

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

They have one of the best teams in the league if you take the QBs out of the equation....I will say they will have the best defense in the league. Bowles blitzes the hell out of teams and they are stacked to go along with it

Obviously Fitzpatrick is going to have to play better, and I wouldn't be that shocked if Geno ends up playing at some point

Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Matt Forte is pretty nasty

I think they have a shot to make a run but their QB issues will keep them from winning big. Playoffs are a real possibility though

The Giant

Beavis with a beard. There is a reason no other team aside from the Jets wanted him. Guy is a turnover machine.
    The Jets wanted him, the wide receivers certainly did. This guy is a Harvard graduate, only a matter of time until he figures out the Super Bowl formula. Just needs to manage the game, he's got lots of weapons, and hopefully a healthy Matt Forte.

Obviously if every team was even money, the Jets wouldn't be my choice.

I just like taking stabs with dark horses with hedging opportunities near the end.

ChuckyTheGoat

You're right, G. Fireman Ed stepped down:

Anzalone left the game before halftime, saying that he will no longer lead cheers at Jet games as Fireman Ed.

Imagine if he came back for Super Bowl!

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    They have one of the best teams in the league if you take the QBs out of the equation....I will say they will have the best defense in the league. Bowles blitzes the hell out of teams and they are stacked to go along with it

Obviously Fitzpatrick is going to have to play better, and I wouldn't be that shocked if Geno ends up playing at some point

Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Matt Forte is pretty nasty

I think they have a shot to make a run but their QB issues will keep them from winning big. Playoffs are a real possibility though
    The team loves their coach and their quarterback. That's what's important. I really don't think Fitzpatrick is that bad. He just needs to turn down on the turnovers.

The defense is rocksolid.

+6500 at 5dimes.

You won't see it anywhere higher.

Like the great Brock Landers says - get some.

The Giant

You're right, G. Fireman Ed stepped down:

Anzalone left the game before halftime, saying that he will no longer lead cheers at Jet games as Fireman Ed.

Imagine if he came back for Super Bowl!
    Is he gone?

After a quick search, I just saw he was back last season, but can't tell anything about this year.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

The team loves their coach and their quarterback. That's what's important. I really don't think Fitzpatrick is that bad. He just needs to turn down on the turnovers.

The defense is rocksolid.

+6500 at 5dimes.

You won't see it anywhere higher.

Like the great Brock Landers says - get some.
    Fitz can turn it on but he's very inconsistent and the opposite of a game manager to me.....He's a gunslinger with a bad arm and makes some crazy decisions. He's from Harvard but he doesn't play that smart....He never slides either and takes some crazy hits, which is why he broke his thumb last year. I've actually been reading that Geno Smith looks great lately so it may be him at some point between injuries and possible bad play by Fitz

They do love Fitz though I'll give you that

It's definitely worth a shot and I like the play overall....it's just very hard to win it all without a top QB

pilebuck13

Giant throw that money into a ten team mlb parlay you have a better chance of winning that sorry man they just won't do it

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Fitz can turn it on but he's very inconsistent and the opposite of a game manager to me.....He's a gunslinger with a bad arm and makes some crazy decisions. He's from Harvard but he doesn't play that smart....He never slides either and takes some crazy hits, which is why he broke his thumb last year. I've actually been reading that Geno Smith looks great lately so it may be him at some point between injuries and possible bad play by Fitz

They do love Fitz though I'll give you that

It's definitely worth a shot and I like the play overall....it's just very hard to win it all without a top QB
    Denver won the Super Bowl just last year without a top quarterback.

If you say they have the best defense, there's no reason Fitzpatrick can't learn to play like Trent Dilfer. He's got the weapons, he's got the defense, he's obviously smart enough.

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Giant throw that money into a ten team mlb parlay you have a better chance of winning that sorry man they just won't do it
    Listen, homeslice, it's a 65-1 shot. I get that it's probably not going to happen.

If I wager on Gary Johnson to win the presidency, it doesn't mean I think he's going to win. It just means I'm taking a stab.

pilebuck13

Giant I get it just messin with you stab away man

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Great value

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 672

As a Jets fan I hope you cash that ticket but ever since the butt fumble I have lost all hope once again

ChuckyTheGoat

G, imagine bumping this thread when Jets win it all!

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 672

Giant, I will say this, if the Jets can go to the AFC championship 2 years in a row with shit Sanchez then anything is possible

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Denver won the Super Bowl just last year without a top quarterback.

If you say they have the best defense, there's no reason Fitzpatrick can't learn to play like Trent Dilfer. He's got the weapons, he's got the defense, he's obviously smart enough.
    I hope you're right man....My family had Jets season tickets before I was born so I'm about as die-hard as you can get

Seen this team give me so much false hope over the years that I'm pretty much numb to them these days but every Sunday they drag me back in

I get what you're saying about the Broncos last year but it's usually a very good QB that wins it all....it can be done though other ways obviously it's just rare

I'll be placing a bet on them as I usually do, and I have a few others in mind with similar odds

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

The Jets wanted him, the wide receivers certainly did. This guy is a Harvard graduate, only a matter of time until he figures out the Super Bowl formula. Just needs to manage the game, he's got lots of weapons, and hopefully a healthy Matt Forte.

Obviously if every team was even money, the Jets wouldn't be my choice.

I just like taking stabs with dark horses with hedging opportunities near the end.
    He might have a Harvard degree but he has the football IQ of a 18 year old still in 3rd grade.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

He might have a Harvard degree but he has the football IQ of a 18 year old still in 3rd grade.
    As a Jets fan...sadly agree

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

J-e-t-s
    jets
    jets
    jets
    jets

ChuckyTheGoat

Giant, re-visiting this. I looked at it, I rate the Jets as an average team. Which would put their fair odds at somewhere around 30/1. You're catching 65/1, so I think you're getting +EV.

The weird part is the schedule you refer to. Not sure I've ever seen a schedule that's so front-loaded. They might be Dog in 1st 6 games. That said, the L10 games don't strike a lot of fear, except for the 2 Patriot games.

Good luck on the future. I don't think it's a bad play at all. Just that the early record might not look pretty. Hey, they Chiefs didn't start out well in 2015. Then they played thru a manageable schedule en route to a good season.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Giant, re-visiting this. I looked at it, I rate the Jets as an average team. Which would put their fair odds at somewhere around 30/1. You're catching 65/1, so I think you're getting +EV.

The weird part is the schedule you refer to. Not sure I've ever seen a schedule that's so front-loaded. They might be Dog in 1st 6 games. That said, the L10 games don't strike a lot of fear, except for the 2 Patriot games.

Good luck on the future. I don't think it's a bad play at all. Just that the early record might not look pretty. Hey, they Chiefs didn't start out well in 2015. Then they played thru a manageable schedule en route to a good season.
    What average team dont win the Superbowl 1 out of 30 times though? Maybe the 2012 Ravens are the only Superbowl champion I would call average and that was a huge fluke that they won and every other champion in history is way above average.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Did this clown not learn a fukkin thing from the $5g's he lost on the Astros?????

Fukk, man.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

The Giant

Thanks Chucky. Their schedule really is pretty brutal, especially the early part as you suggested. Hopefully they can get through that and still be breathing.

Earlier this week 5dimes had this line all the way up to +7500, and I was planning on getting a little more of it. I didn't though, and now it's down to +6000. Strange maneuverings.

Looking forward to talking football with you in a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Did this clown not learn a fukkin thing from the $5g's he lost on the Astros?????

Fukk, man.
    Settle down, son. There is more than a month to go and the Astros find themselves only four games out of the wildcard spot.

They are about to hit their stride.

ChuckyTheGoat

Cool, Giant. Of course, a team needs breaks to win big in a season. Injuries happen. Jets have some solid personnel. Does Forte have one more big year in him?

Re: AFC East, is this the year Patriots slip up? W/o Brady 1st 4 games, would seem like perfect spot.

12 Last