DedesSports
    DedesSports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Basic question on NFL

Hi,

I wanted to know your opinion on how lines change after a touchdown:

For instance, let say we have -7 points spread at a certain moment in the match and the favorite scores a touchdown. By how many points would the live spread line move assuming there is still a lot of time in the match ? I mean, it must be time dependent, on the sense that if the touchdown was scored in the last 2 seconds of the match the spread would have to move by the same amount of points scored.
    And by how much would that same touchdown move the spread if it was scored by the underdog ? Would it be by the same amount ?

Thanks

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

It is also depends where they score from. If they run a kickoff back for a TD it will move a lot more that if they score from the 10 yard lines where they would of at least got a FG probably. If they score a defensive TD when the other team is the red zone the line would actually move 10-11 points.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

There is no standard.

DedesSports
    DedesSports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    It is also depends where they score from. If they run a kickoff back for a TD it will move a lot more that if they score from the 10 yard lines where they would of at least got a FG probably. If they score a defensive TD when the other team is the red zone the line would actually move 10-11 points.
    Thanks, that is what I was looking for. Although there are many options to consider, there is always one justification for how much the line moves.
    Still, the same TD, in the same circumstances, it is expected for it to move more if it's the fav scoring or not ?

Do you know about any play-by-play model I can study ?

thanks