Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Johnny Manziel's Dad rips into his son...

I guess Johnny didn't get him anything for Father's Day. I can't believe this guy made public comments about his own son like this:

Paul Manziel, the quarterback's father, told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he wants his son to get well, but that he has to do that for himself.

"He's a druggie. It's not a secret that he's a druggie,"
    Paul Manziel said in a phone interview Friday. "I don't know what to say other than my son is a druggie and he needs help. He just hasn't [sought] it yet. Hopefully he doesn't die before he comes to his senses. That's about all you can say. I don't know what else to say."

Manziel's father was asked to discuss the intervention efforts the family has made on their son's behalf over the years.

"You have no idea. And the system failed," he said. "I had him in rehab and he escaped and the doctors let him go and that is a whole other story. So, I mean I had him [in rehab] and the system failed. It didn't work. He has more money than me, so he can outrun me. Like I said there are two things that are going to happen: He's either going to die, or he's going to figure out that he needs help. It's one of the two. But we've done everything that we can do. Life goes on. You can't just chase somebody that's not willing to listen. The story is not going to change. It's the same."

Manziel's father feels the family has virtually exhausted all ways possible to help their son.

"We're so far past that," he said. "That was years ago. We're so far past what everybody thinks we are past. People are ignorant. It's just a horrible story. That's all there is to it.

"I mean, I hate to say it, but I hope he goes to jail. I mean, that would be the best place for him."

Paul Manziel said he doesn't want to talk about his son's situation any longer.

"I'm done. I'm done talking about it," he said. "I'm doing my job, and I'm going to move on. If I have to bury him, I'll bury him. That's the fact. So if not, if he calls me and needs help, I'll go get him. Until then, he's on his own. I've done everything I can do. There is nothing [else] I can do as a father. Nothing.... It is, what it is. He's a druggie and everybody needs to accept it."

Manziel was also asked to share his wife Michelle's feelings on the matter.

"We're done. We don't have the energy to spend anymore. We're done," he said. "Life goes on. I'm not going to keep talking about it. I'm just moving on. If he needs me, I'll come get him."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16487213/lawyer-former-cleveland-browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-seeking-plea-deal-according-erroneously-sent-text-message

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Probably the worse thing the old fukk could've done...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    I don't know the entire situation but what else can a father do when their son has driven themselves off the deep end? Manziel has been nothing but a fukk up dating back to college. He has no filter and thinks he's above the law. What are the odds this kid lives to be 30? +1200

If he was my son, I'd chain his ass to the house for several months until he dries the fukk out.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I don't know the entire situation but what else can a father do when their son has driven themselves off the deep end? Manziel has been nothing but a fukk up dating back to college. He has no filter and thinks he's above the law. What are the odds this kid lives to be 30? +1200

If he was my son, I'd chain his ass to the house for several months until he dries the fukk out.
    Should've kept his opinions private for one thing.

You don't think his son knows he is a fukk up??

Just what Jonhhy needs, reinforcement of what he is perceived to be by his own blood no less...

I get why the old man said that but at the same time it's hugely counter productive if he ever wants his son to return to some sense of normality....

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

A little late for tough love, isn't it Daddy?

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Another father trying to force his son into sports. Some people don't like sports.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Should've kept his opinions private for one thing.

You don't think his son knows he is a fukk up??

Just what Jonhhy needs, reinforcement of what he is perceived to be by his own blood no less...

I get why the old man said that but at the same time it's hugely counter productive if he ever wants his son to return to some sense of normality....
    Manziel's stupid ass lawyer sent a receipt showing over $1,000 of drug paraphernalia to the press by mistake. That started everything. Manziel's shit is no longer private. Why should his dad keep his sons dirty shit private when Johnny obviously keeps popping up in the news. What is a father suppose to say? No comment? While his son is drinking himself to death? Fukk that, drop the dime on that dude. Like he said, the best place for him is jail. I would administer my own house arrest on that ass.

There is no such thing as counterproductive when you are dealing with a junkie. Drug addicts do not have any sense of normality. You have to take any and all action to cut his shit immediately. The parents enables him for too long. If somebody doesn't take over his life, he is going to lose it. The signs are all there.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

Young white guys get off by pleading affluenza these days, he will never go to jail. Will get off easy if it ever comes to that.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

He's said such before. Its best to call druggies what they are sometimes it hits home.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

Johnny is a supreme dipshit. No redeeming qualities for the frat boy druggie.
    Yesterday's news since college hey days.

Maybe the father shouldn't have gone public but he was sick of his son's attention grabbing behavior
    long before the public.

Few have interest in Johnny's cry's of look at me...He has the same appeal as TTittieWarrior or SeeMeWeed.
    Zero.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

They seemingly tried everything, so why not go public and hope the shame does anything to help. It won't, but last ditch effort. Though maybe they could have done better growing up, who knows. Some of us are gonna continue to do what we want, and when money isn't an issue yet then all bets are off.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Johnny wants to party. Leave him alone. I like the guy. It's his life.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Nick Papageorgio

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

Live to 30 and bang all the hotties, do all the drugs every night or live to be 60 and be miserable everyday like Seaweed....its just whatever u prefer. Wish the guy luck, hopefully he can find a happy median.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    He's said such before. Its best to call druggies what they are sometimes it hits home.

cocaine enthusiast

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

If he was my son, I'd chain his ass to the house for several months until he dries the fukk out
    Agreed.

Can't feel bad if the kid just doesn't care. And he doesn't.

Got his trust fund way too early.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

This is really sad....I hope Johnny Football gets past this.....America loves a great comeback story.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Drugs powerful
    Hard to stop

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

I don't have an issue with what he said

Johnny is getting fukked up every day anyhow

eventually he will hit rock bottom and call the old man

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

He was a penetrate up forever. The father is in the oil business and a real asshole from what is said. Apple doesn't fall to far from the tree. If you allow someone to grow up without discipline this is what you get. What is sad is when kids go down that row. Darryl Gates had a son that was good football player. He injured himself his sr. season I think and got hooked on drugs. He tried everything to cure his kid and wasn't able to stop it. His son finally was stopped when he did a b &e in the wrong house and was killed!

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Other than blaming the "system" and rehabs for not hog tying his son who didn't want help there, everything else he said is spot on. The term druggie is also bad, but he is obviously upset. If you have never dealt with drug addiction before, you might think what he said is bad. He was speaking the truth. When someone doesn't want help, you can't force them. He tried years ago and it didn't work. Now he has to live his life and let the chips fall wherever they fall. It is only option. He has earned the right to speak the truth. The truth isn't always pretty when drugs are the topic. I'm sure he was a bad parent. He certainly should be more self reflective of the situation, but that won't help his son at this point.

jjgold

Most likely he will never see nfl

He is not a suoer talent either

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Most likely he will never see nfl

He is not a suoer talent either
    You are right. I was like many people who said any NFL career for him would be over before it started. College is a lot different than the NFL. You can't out run defenses any more. Try and he would get killed. His throwing motion is horrible and he has no ability to read defenses. All he did in college was throw off his back foot. He had that tall receiver at A&M who could jump and bring down anything. I wouldn't have drafted him in the 7th round much less the first round. Plus, they knew he was a head case as well. He is an adult. He gets to do what he wants. His father gets to do what he wants. He controls his own destiny.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

I can believe it , its the truth ..the hell with the rich

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

His father needs to get the old leather buckle belt and go at him until he quits drugs. If he dies from the beating then at least he is not making drug dealers rich.

jjgold

Most likely he will commit suicide or get killed

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

His father might be trying to make sure the judge puts him on drug testing during probation.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    His father might be trying to make sure the judge puts him on drug testing during probation.
    probably true

seems like it might take him going broke to hit rock bottom

as long as he has money, he can brush the issues aside for awhile

jjgold

Just a stunt by father

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Other than blaming the "system" and rehabs for not hog tying his son who didn't want help there, everything else he said is spot on. The term druggie is also bad, but he is obviously upset. If you have never dealt with drug addiction before, you might think what he said is bad. He was speaking the truth. When someone doesn't want help, you can't force them. He tried years ago and it didn't work. Now he has to live his life and let the chips fall wherever they fall. It is only option. He has earned the right to speak the truth. The truth isn't always pretty when drugs are the topic. I'm sure he was a bad parent. He certainly should be more self reflective of the situation, but that won't help his son at this point.
    The problem with using the term "druggie" is that the public doesn't really know what that means. If Johnny is simply smoking alot of weed,then maybe in Paul Manziel's frame of mind he's a "druggie", but everyone else and even lots of players in the NFL that's just a normal thing.

When I think of the term "druggie", I think of cocaine, crack, meth, heroin, oxycontin users. If Johnny is doing that, then yes the term fits. But if he's only smoking weed, drinking, and basic partying - no, that's not a "druggie". That's just a guy thats probably already made enough money in life so he's going to party until it runs out. Then he'll end up getting a real job in the oil fields or something.

I think Paul Manziel's attempt to publicly shame Johnny, especially with the "i hope he goes to jail or he's going to die" to get his football career on track. Because he's not going to die from smoking weed and partying. He will however eliminate any chance to make a ton of money playing football, and I think that is what Paul Manziel is really pissed at. Paul Manziel was the guy that trademarked "Johnny Football". His son's football career was a pretty big business for him. He's probably upset that gravy train is over.

If he was my son, I would have said "He's an adult, he can make his own life choices and he'll have to deal with the consequences of them". But I'd never call my son a druggie to the public even if he was one.
    Points Awarded:

Stringer Bell gave Plaza23 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Johnny will move to Vegas, will turn professional gambler, will invest in my recycling business.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Johnny will move to Vegas, will turn professional gambler, will invest in my recycling business.
    Toniest how is my investment doing?

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    The problem with using the term "druggie" is that the public doesn't really know what that means. If Johnny is simply smoking alot of weed,then maybe in Paul Manziel's frame of mind he's a "druggie", but everyone else and even lots of players in the NFL that's just a normal thing.

When I think of the term "druggie", I think of cocaine, crack, meth, heroin, oxycontin users. If Johnny is doing that, then yes the term fits. But if he's only smoking weed, drinking, and basic partying - no, that's not a "druggie". That's just a guy thats probably already made enough money in life so he's going to party until it runs out. Then he'll end up getting a real job in the oil fields or something.

I think Paul Manziel's attempt to publicly shame Johnny, especially with the "i hope he goes to jail or he's going to die" to get his football career on track. Because he's not going to die from smoking weed and partying. He will however eliminate any chance to make a ton of money playing football, and I think that is what Paul Manziel is really pissed at. Paul Manziel was the guy that trademarked "Johnny Football". His son's football career was a pretty big business for him. He's probably upset that gravy train is over.

If he was my son, I would have said "He's an adult, he can make his own life choices and he'll have to deal with the consequences of them". But I'd never call my son a druggie to the public even if he was one.
    His father is an oil executive. Now the publicity is cool but he is well to do.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

NFL looks pretty bad for having this clown in the league. NFL seems to attract such degenerates and losers (Aaron Hernandez)

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Toniest how is my investment doing?
    Not good smokiest

Smokiest its hot here

12 Last