shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saints should win their division, right?

ODDS TO WIN THE NFC SOUTH

ATLANTA FALCONS
    +375

CAROLINA PANTHERS
    +205

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
    +140

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
    +550

Can anyone please give me a reason NOT to bet the Saints here?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually think the Panthers will rebound quite nicely this year. I don't think the Falcons have much of a shot with everything that is going on right now in the off seasn for Vick. Odds are he's probably going to be indicted.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

BBD - agreed

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The NFC South is the most unpredictable division in the NFL.

2006 - Saints
    2005 - Bucs
    2004 - Falcons
    2003 - Panthers
    2002 - Bucs

Last year, the Panthers were the preseason favorites to win the NFC and didn't even make the playoffs. I honestly won't be surprised at whoever wins the division this year. I certainly wouldn't bet anyone at less than 2-1 odds.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carolina looks like the only price worth playing out of that group, although I might consider a small shot on Tampa.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Tampa will be terrible again. Even at +550, that's a bad bet. I think the Falcons would be improved without Vick. Too bad they got rid of Schaub. I like Carolina at +205. Last year was an aberration.

kbhirsch
    kbhirsch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1645

I think Carolina rebounds and battles New Orleans for the division. I think getting David Carr as insurance for Delhomme is a good move. The competition should improve the QB play overall. I also look for Deangelo Williams to have a nice year.

Atlanta and Tampa have no shot. Atlanta's gotta be regretting its decision to get rid of Schaub and relying on Joey Blueskies if Vick continues to throw his career down the toilet.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

They got it right with those odds. It will be a battle between the Panthers and Saints in that division. With the Falcons as a outside shot at it, but too many distractions for them.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It's hard to bet against Brees right now, but not at those odds. I'd take the rest of the division at -140.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I actually think the Panthers will rebound quite nicely this year. I don't think the Falcons have much of a shot with everything that is going on right now in the off seasn for Vick. Odds are he's probably going to be indicted.
    Yeah, Carolina and New orleans will probably end up neck and neck for the division. I wouldn't take out a futures on either. I don't like the way a futures ties up money for the whole season and also doesn't come with injury insurance. If Brees should be injured, for instance, I think you're looking at Jamie Martin who wouldn't have me full of confidence.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

gimme Carolina

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

The problem with Carolina is Delhomme. He had one great year (Super Bowl year) and since then has been awful. I honestly think the jury is still out on Carr but I think he'll get his shot at some point this year.

Hopefully with the rookie USC receiver Carolina drafted, that could help Steve Smith get loose or it'll give the rookie chances to make plays.