Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets talk about the draft top 5.

I hate to say this but I think the Eagles and the Rams are crazy this year. I don't like either one of those QB's..Wentz maybe a little more but I certainly wouldn't reach like these two teams are doing.

Do you really see "Goff" setting NFL records or winning super bowls? There is no way with that last name anything is happening...sorry no offense to the guy but mainstay QB's have reasonable sounding last names. Marino, Elway, Unitas, Aikman, Brady, Luck, Newton, Manning, Atwater, Flacco (borderline), Brees and now J- Goff?!?!? Nope not happening. Wentz is a borderline so he gets the slight edge here.

Frankly I wish the Rams would somehow get out of this deal or take Jalen RAMsey but that isn't happening, heck even Tonsil. Let the Eagles take the QB and the Browns the other one.

Chargers LTunsil.

Cowboys need to go ahead and get Bosa. Good name good film good fit.

Jaguars Deforest Buckner.

Sleepers: RB from Utah forgot name... I liked him, Hackenberg (major name issues but looks like a Pro to me), Nkemdiche, Pharoh Cooper, Jenkins from UGA.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

You want names and irony? Army has a WR graduating after this year named Edgar Allan Poe. Sure he plays for a service team so no NFL career ahead but wouldn't it be awesome if the Ravens gave him a contract?
    Points Awarded:

POOLSIDE gave TheSideBet 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ra77er

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Good day do you Ra77er. I hope all is well.

I haven't much to say here except that I already bought Cleveland to beat Philly in week one, and you know how I hate to bet so far out.

Let me know who settles where, then show me the lines, then I can form opinions...lol. Until then, they are all just pawns in the game...lol.

I can say this, if there was a Flutie, why couldn't there be a Goff? You're right about then names but some of the best QB's in the league were backups to someone else. Brady was a back up.

Same with college...remember when Thurman Thomas was injured at Oklahoma State, betting against them was a "lock"...his back up was a guy named Barry Sanders.

So maybe the stars won't be so obvious.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

nobody knows anymore who will be good in NFL

No game changers like there use to be

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Wentz wins.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    I hate to say this but I think the Eagles and the Rams are crazy this year. I don't like either one of those QB's..Wentz maybe a little more but I certainly wouldn't reach like these two teams are doing.

Do you really see "Goff" setting NFL records or winning super bowls? There is no way with that last name anything is happening...sorry no offense to the guy but mainstay QB's have reasonable sounding last names. Marino, Elway, Unitas, Aikman, Brady, Luck, Newton, Manning, Atwater, Flacco (borderline), Brees and now J- Goff?!?!? Nope not happening. Wentz is a borderline so he gets the slight edge here.

Frankly I wish the Rams would somehow get out of this deal or take Jalen RAMsey but that isn't happening, heck even Tonsil. Let the Eagles take the QB and the Browns the other one.

Chargers LTunsil.

Cowboys need to go ahead and get Bosa. Good name good film good fit.

Jaguars Deforest Buckner.

Sleepers: RB from Utah forgot name... I liked him, Hackenberg (major name issues but looks like a Pro to me), Nkemdiche, Pharoh Cooper, Jenkins from UGA.
    I think Chargers take Ramsey and Tunsil drops to #6, through no fault of his own.

And I think Jaguars will take Miles Jack.

Ra77er

That is true KVB but QB's that are taken in the 1st round are (at least in todays game) tossed in the fire immediately. The 1st round corpses are piling up....RG3, Locker, Gabbert, Josh Freeman, JaMarcus Russel, Quinn, Manziel, Tebow, Bradford, Vince Young, Leinart, Ponder. Jury still out on a few other names as well. Very very risky drafting one these days and I agree with Gold that it seems much harder to find the gems.

Also I am mulling over purchasing a telescope this year to help pick the winner of the Grey Cup...hope to see another thread KVB.
    Last edited by Ra77er; 04-27-16 at 11:50 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JMon

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

cowboys gettin zeke or ramsey

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    cowboys gettin zeke or ramsey
    Chargers affect rest of first round. If they take Tunsil, Dallas takes Ramsey. If Chargers take Ramsey as I predict, than I think Dallas takes Bosa. I have Elliott falling to #10 to the Giants.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    That is true KVB but QB's that are taken in the 1st round are (at least in todays game) tossed in the fire immediately. The 1st round corpses are piling up....RG3, Locker, Gabbert, Josh Freeman, JaMarcus Russel, Quinn, Manziel, Tebow, Bradford, Vince Young, Leinart, Ponder. Jury still out on a few other names as well. Very very risky drafting one these days and I agree with Gold that it seems much harder to find the gems.

Also I am mulling over purchasing a telescope this year to help pick the winner of the Grey Cup...hope to see another thread KVB.
    We are entering week 5 of the Arena Football League. Not sure how sharp my line will be, but I think it will be good enough to run some market analysis. I have some catching up to do but hope to get a thread going.

I was trying to do one for golf but I fear the Forum doesn't have the patience...lol...and it is time consuming. I'm always catching up. I had Hoffman last week at 28 to 1 and that may be the best for a while, too bad it wasn't written up.

Here's to getting some work done.

Ra77er

That O-line with Elliot would be interesting to see...if I'm Ezekiel I want to see Dallas. I still like Bosa better with this particular pick but I don't think Dallas fans would be that upset either way. I really think SD needs to get LT...I don't like Jalen there nor with Dallas. Like I said I would take him as a Ram which wont happen but I think he fits perfectly as a Raven.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Chargers affect rest of first round. If they take Tunsil, Dallas takes Ramsey. If Chargers take Ramsey as I predict, than I think Dallas takes Bosa. I have Elliott falling to #10 to the Giants.
    i dont like bosa :/ but we'll see
    who do you have the bucs taking?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I like how the Cardinals never draft a QB in the first round, they depend on veteran QBs in the free agency.
    That's how the Cardinals won their division last year. Working on drafting key players other than the QB position in the first round.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    i dont like bosa :/ but we'll see
    who do you have the bucs taking?
    Hargreaves

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Ra77er,

Flacco is worse than Goff and he has a Superbowl.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

It's weird how no one knows for certain which way the Rams are going.

Most seem to think it's going to be Goff, but I heard some "insider" tonight think the Rams are taking Wentz.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Look at Mel Kiper's draft list. If he has Goff the Rams are drafting Wentz.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Look at Mel Kiper's draft list. If he has Goff the Rams are drafting Wentz.
    Have you noticed Mel Kiper rarely ages?

He is like Jeff Probst.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Have you noticed Mel Kiper rarely ages?

He is like Jeff Probst.
    At least Probst changes his hairstyle. Mel Kiper still has his high school haircut style.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I see Ramsey as the only player that can play in the NFL.
    Most of the other guys are "potential" players.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I think Myles Jack is a better prospect than Bosa but I don't have access to the medicals obviously

Ramsey is a stud

Dallas/Elliot seems like a perfect combo but people are mentioning Bosa for them alot

Treadwell WR from Ole Miss will be a great player but probably won't go till late teens or low 20s due to a slow 40 time

Pharoh Cooper, great call...kid is a baller

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

There is absolutely no way Dallas pass on Ramsey if he is still on the board, he's an instant starter there at DB if Jones (likely) plays safety. Scandrick will anchor one side of CB and Carr after taking a much fairer paycut to 5.5m should probably get the nod for the other side.

That said the Chargers need help everywhere so it's hard to see which way they are leaning...Some say they are really keen on Buckner or Stanley and Tunsil falls later on.

Wentz/Goff what can I say...Wentz was considered a late first rounder as a potential backup but has since rocketed up the boards...

I think it'll so something like for the top 5...

Rams - Goff
    Eagles - Wentz
    Chargers - Buckner
    Cowboys - Ramsey
    Jags - Jack (but there are some serious physical concerns about his knees it seems)

Baltimore will likely take Tunsil, the others...not as sure, could go a few ways, seems like every second player has 'character issues' and concerns following combine so it's hard to see outside the top 5.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: EmpireMaker

GunShard

Rams - Goff
    Eagles - Wentz
    Chargers - Elliott
    Cowboys - Ramsey
    Jags - Tunsil

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Rams - Goff
    Eagles - Wentz
    Chargers - Elliott
    Cowboys - Ramsey
    Jags - Tunsil
    Why would the Chargers take Elliott?

LT Profits

For all the Pros in this thread, join the Draft Contest. Link is in Post #7.

GunShard

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Why would the Chargers take Elliott?
    Ranked 31st in rushing yards. I noticed there is something wrong with their running game while I was playing on Draftkings all season long.

If not the first round, they need to draft a running back.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Ranked 31st in rushing yards. I noticed there is something wrong with their running game while I was playing on Draftkings all season long.

I think it would be very difficult to give up on Gordon already after drafting him in the first round just last year

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yeah the reason is the same reason that Rivers has been getting hammered for years.....Garbage O-line

Woodhead and Gordon are fine they need O-lineman that can block

They should take Tunsil or Ramsey

GunShard

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Yeah the reason is the same reason that Rivers has been getting hammered for years.....Garbage O-line

Woodhead and Gordon are fine they need O-lineman that can block

They should take Tunsil or Ramsey
    Good point. Most likely to draft a O lineman. It was terrible last season.

GunShard

Kiper has Chargers taking Buckner at #3. Let's see who they get.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Watching the face of Kiper when teams pick other players than his mock draft is priceless. This guy spends 365 days researching the draft and his mock draft always flops.

Ra77er

Ra77er

He got railed on espn for leaving Derrick Henry off. I doubt he studies a lick, they probably just hand him a list and tell him to sell it. It is bizarre that he doesn't seem to age though.

12 Last