MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    I hear ya MLD but everyone pushes the line to some degree. As I've said before in NO way am I Pats fan. But this is a great champion team, Brady/Beli are legit greats. Do they cheat or push limits? Sure they do I have little doubt. But would this be happening to some "nobody" organization or bad team like Tampa or Lions for same offense? You bet your ass it wouldn't and that's my problem. This is politics not "justice".
    It is what it is.....They have a cheating past but have also been succesful

Do the crime and get caught deal with the consequences

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Come on Mld those are polls. You're to smart to not understand polls are not scientific and can be biased. Aside from the fact you have mostly retards probably responding to this poll. The bias can not be overlooked based on fact mainly Nfl fans responded I'm sure, and Pats have dominated league and kicked their teams ass for almost 2 decades lol.

I'm a Raider fan we had our reign and still to this day have MANY haters and many of them of them are truly clueless who's best ammo at us is our team is full of thugs and criminals. Which is completely false and unsubstantiated but we let the low brows have their fun with our "thug" image.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Come on Mld those are polls. You're to smart to not understand polls are not scientific and can be biased. Aside from the fact you have mostly retards probably responding to this poll. The bias can not be overlooked based on fact mainly Nfl fans responded I'm sure, and Pats have dominated league and kicked their teams ass for almost 2 decades lol.

I'm a Raider fan we had our reign and still to this day have MANY haters and many of them of them are truly clueless who's best ammo at us is our team is full of thugs and criminals. Which is completely false and unsubstantiated but we let the low brows have their fun with our "thug" image.
    They are from ESPN...it's the same format they have of polls that are on their front page or whatever everyday

While many non-Pats fans are probably biased how many Patriots fans are also biased?

Just thought it was funny that the only states that agree were in New England

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Won't argue your point one bit.....But you just made mine! It's Pats biased fans vs rest of world. The whole country vs 1 state who you think gonna win that battle of "Ultimate fanboy"? Lol

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Your good peeps Mld and I like talking sports with true passionate fans like you who also have knowledge. Off to bed I go for tonight. Later bro

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Your good peeps Mld and I like talking sports with true passionate fans like you who also have knowledge. Off to bed I go for tonight. Later bro
    Peace out brotha.....back atcha

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4137

I hear ya MLD but everyone pushes the line to some degree. As I've said before in NO way am I Pats fan. But this is a great champion team, Brady/Beli are legit greats. Do they cheat or push limits? Sure they do I have little doubt. But would this be happening to some "nobody" organization or bad team like Tampa or Lions for same offense? You bet your ass it wouldn't and that's my problem. This is politics not "justice".
    The Carolina Panthers committed a virtually identical crime. They were caught red handed on TV illegally heating balls on the sidelines during a game in Minnesota.

Why would a team heat balls? To make them easier to grip, handle, catch and throw.
    Why would a team deflate balls? To make them easier to grip, handle, catch and throw.

So what happened to the Panthers? Was there a $5 million investigation? Loss of draft picks? Was Cam Newton suspended for being "at least generally aware of a scheme to heat footballs"? No. None of the above. All that happened was they received a letter of warning, and not even a particularly sternly worded one at that.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    They are from ESPN...it's the same format they have of polls that are on their front page or whatever everyday

While many non-Pats fans are probably biased how many Patriots fans are also biased?

Just thought it was funny that the only states that agree were in New England
    If you think you are providing us with any sort of great revelation that fans are biased, and people outside New England think they are guilty and people in New England think they are innocent, then thanks for the brilliant insight.

I generally do not even bother arguing their guilt or innocence. It is not something that is important to me and the only reason I brought it up here was because I was asked a direct question, so I gave a direct answer.

What frustrates me the most about this is how draconian the punishment was for something which is clearly just an equipment violation. It is the toughest team penalty in the history of the NFL and also (tied for) the toughest individual penalty given to Brady for a strictly on-field incident.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

The Pats owner Kraft took the team punishment (Fines and loss of draft picks) and didn't fight it so blame him for that one

The Brady punishment was so harsh partly due to non-cooperation

Not saying it's right just telling you why

There's also something about having footballs checked in with refs then on the way to the field tampering with them that seems dirty...especially a team that obviously crosses the line

I feel like the team should have been hit hard but Brady maybe 1 game or a fine

BriGuy

The Pats owner Kraft took the team punishment (Fines and loss of draft picks) and didn't fight it so blame him for that one
    He should have appealed, but he knew an appeal would just be a waste of breath so it wouldn't have mattered.
    The Brady punishment was so harsh partly due to non-cooperation
    It's still completely without precedent. When Favre texted pictures of his ding-a-ling to that Jets girl, he didn't turn over his phone to the investigator. He only got a $50,000 fine for that.
    There's also something about having footballs checked in with refs then on the way to the field tampering with them that seems dirty...especially a team that obviously crosses the line
    How is that any dirtier than heating them on the sidelines in the middle of a game? Or pumping in crowd noise? Or tampering with a player under contract for another team?

Every team in the NFL engages in these little corner-cutting.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Briguy there are some good posters in this thread. However you and I on exact same page. And despite neither of us being a Pats fan. We are probably the only 2 that should be qualified (that I've seen) and let anywhere near a jury box with a unbiased view and true understanding of true justice. And a clear understanding true justice should have ZERO tolerance for prejudice, bias, or serve one side for personal gain in any form.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

I guess in a true justice system Bri we would both be broke/struggling lawyers due to our honesty. Smh sad but true!

BriGuy

Briguy there are some good posters in this thread. However you and I on exact same page. And despite neither of us being a Pats fan. We are probably the only 2 that should be qualified (that I've seen) and let anywhere near a jury box with a unbiased view and true understanding of true justice. And a clear understanding true justice should have ZERO tolerance for prejudice, bias, or serve one side for personal gain in any form.
    Amen, bro.

First ... 2345