megamillionslose
    megamillionslose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3740

Starvin' Marvin ScrewedUs needs to follow Tom Coughlin's lead!

Giants organization would've probably let him coach forever because of his two Super Bowl wins but Tommy did the right thing.Now if only the Bungholes roach coach would honorably do the same because he has ZERO playoff wins

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Bad timing don't you think? For years they had SO many bad guys and trouble in that locker room. Now the bad character guys pretty much gone , lineup best ever with talent across board. And Red rocket who's still young finally looks like he's emerging into upper tier QB and overcoming some obstacles. Caught a terrible break with his injury. But now it's finally looking best ever you wanna pull plug on Marv? Just doesn't make sense imo

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Bad timing don't you think? For years they had SO many bad guys and trouble in that locker room. Now the bad character guys pretty much gone , lineup best ever with talent across board. And Red rocket who's still young finally looks like he's emerging into upper tier QB and overcoming some obstacles. Caught a terrible break with his injury. But now it's finally looking best ever you wanna pull plug on Marv? Just doesn't make sense imo
    I'm too lazy to find the lightbulb emoji but yeah, you're right 100%. Also, Coughlin didn't retire. He "retired".

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I have faded the Bengals in their last 6 games and have not lost one yet. Why change now? Cincy is 2-2 in their last 4. Pitt is 4-1 in their last 5 including a win AT Cincinnati. The line is -2 1/2 all over Vegas. That works for me.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah poolside how quick many forget early in Marvs career they had talent no doubt. However they were essentially the Houston Rockets of Nfl with some even worse guys off the field. Had a lot to do I believe with Carson giving the Barry Sanders ultimatum trade me or I'm retiring from this mess. Some of that might fall on Marv but in many cases you can't hold him responsible for signing hot garbage just released from another squad and trying to turn a circus of losers (even including Chad J) into champions.

Not saying Johnson a bad guy off field but essentially a Dwight Howard esque loser to a tee! Still have one of those signed castaway casualties in lineup being Pac man but least he seems to be somewhat straight which is a miracle of its own considering what stupid trash that clown really is.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 01-04-16 at 07:01 PM.

POOLSIDE

Actually, Pacman is the example your should be using. Things have gotten so healthy in the Bengals' locker room that it's rubbing off on Pacman. I don't know that you could provide a better example of how far that franchise has come since Lewis took the reigns.

And really, let's be honest. The ONLY valid complaint anyone has is the lack of playoff success. That's it. You know how many teams would love for that to be their problem? Christ, the Raiders haven't sniffed the postseason in what, fifteen years? The Bengals have a first world problem. They'll be fine. Terrible luck with Dalton's injury this year, but if he's healthy they're not an easy out no matter how little success they've had over the years.

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Vontaze Birfict another example. Dude was totally out of control at ASU. Think he led Pac 12 in PF penalties every year. Guy keeps it in check now. Gotta credit Marvin & his peers for that. Thought the guy would never last in the NFL.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Hey hey now Poolside let's not include my Raiders here lol. Yes we haven't sniffed playoffs in CLOSE to 15 years but did win a conf title and appear in a SB a dozen back In all truth though tho you cannot lump these teams in with the likeness of Raiders.

Teams like Cincy, Cleveland, KC, Jets, etc who have been around forever and so tortured without even a small decent whiff of success since man landed on moon pretty much are starved and frustrated. Yes Oak past decade by FAR been worst in Raider history but we are still the Raiders, a brand that truly matters unlike aforementioned, and only positive on horizon with a great young nucleus to restore proper order

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Hey hey now Poolside let's not include my Raiders here lol. Yes we haven't sniffed playoffs in CLOSE to 15 years but did win a conf title and appear in a SB a dozen back In all truth though tho you cannot lump these teams in with the likeness of Raiders.

Teams like Cincy, Cleveland, KC, Jets, etc who have been around forever and so tortured without even a small decent whiff of success since man landed on moon pretty much are starved and frustrated. Yes Oak past decade by FAR been worst in Raider history but we are still the Raiders, a brand that truly matters unlike aforementioned, and only positive on horizon with a great young nucleus to restore proper order
    Raiders are my team, don't get me wrong. But prior to this year, I'd have traded rosters with the Bengals in a heartbeat. And don't give us too much credit. That super bowl loss was fourteen years ago. That's a long time.