JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    If KC didn't choke away a lead at home vs Denver they would be playing a home game. We don't reward 2nd place in the division with a home game.

If

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

My guess is Bengals and Texans win base on superior defenses.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    You should get something for winning your division. You don't wanna go on the road the first week of the playoffs? Take care of business in your division.
    I'm just not sure why they don't have the top six teams qualify based on record. I guess it's probably to keep games meaningful throughout the season.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

PITT/KC ML Parlay

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I'm just not sure why they don't have the top six teams qualify based on record. I guess it's probably to keep games meaningful throughout the season.
    Then they shouldn't have divisions and have to play the same 3 opponents twice every year. Every year you play 16 random teams through a random draw and best 6 of each division make playoffs.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

It's not easy

NFL - JAN 09
    WILD CARD PLAYOFFS
    3:00 PM
    101 KANSAS CITY SPREAD TOTAL ODDS
    102 HOUSTON
    NFL - JAN 10
    WILD CARD PLAYOFFS
    3:00 PM
    105 PITTSBURGH SPREAD TOTAL ODDS
    106 CINCINNATI

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

From purely a fans perspective, these playoff matchups suck. '

Too early to tell, but the TExans as a home dog look nice. Not sure what KC has done to deserve to be road faves. Redskins seem like the obvious pick since they have been rolling lately and GB has been fading, but I wouldn't put too much into either. Wash has beaten up on garbage teams and Arod is still Arod.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

There's no favorite in the AFC. IMHO, the only team without a shot to be playing in another month is Houston.

Who's afraid of playing New England the way the Pats finished the regular season, Denver and its QB situation, or Cincinnati with perhaps a backup QB? No one.

This is wide open.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Something doesn't feel right about an 11-5 Kansas City team having to go on the road and play a 9-7 Houston team.

Why do they even have divisions?
    because its easier to rig seasons with them. DUH!!!!! DUR DUR DUR!!!!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Could Texans lose at home? I don't think so.

arrgy
    arrgy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1904

The only good bet in either game is Over on the Pitt/Cinncy game. Honestly, you don't know what you are going to get with KC/Houston, and even though history is on Pittsburgh's side, having your major play maker hurt does not help, and they have been inconsistent.

The only other good bet...

NFC to win the superbowl

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

this is a revenge game all the way from week 1.. now they meet again, same spot.. wayyy more serious scenario.. Texans are getting 3 to 4 pts at home where they usually play well?? ..this is by far the most even matchup on the card.. neck and neck.. maybe the Texans have a defensive edge and a home field edge.. KC's offense doesn't excite me or have me biting my nails.. this game should be at PK -120 Kansas city but instead houston is getting 3 pts.. how nice of the oddmakers to spare the right pick a few points also.. how generous..

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

No problem with the way the playoffs are set up. Division setups make the scheduling very uniform. Its not always the same division that has the dud winner. Like the other poster stated, don't reward 2nd place. Beat your rivals, and you are more than likely not faced with this problem.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    this is a revenge game all the way from week 1.. now they meet again, same spot.. wayyy more serious scenario.. Texans are getting 3 to 4 pts at home where they usually play well?? ..this is by far the most even matchup on the card.. neck and neck.. maybe the Texans have a defensive edge and a home field edge.. KC's offense doesn't excite me or have me biting my nails.. this game should be at PK -120 Kansas city but instead houston is getting 3 pts.. how nice of the oddmakers to spare the right pick a few points also.. how generous..
    i played hou ml at open, think that has as much value as anything this weekend. really not much difference in these 2 teams, line implies kc is 6 or so better on a neutral which there no way im buying. agree pk is a much more accurate line.

First 12