broller
    broller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay-3 discussion

This is one of the few games of week 17 that you know both teams will be playing hard to win, making it one of the better games to bet in my mind.

These two teams met in week 11 and the Packers won 30-13 in Minnesota, on the strength of a solid performance by the ground game, particularly Eddie Lacy. Teddy Bridgewater had an uncharacteristic high yardage output (296 yards passing) but the Packers managed to win convincingly, as their pass rush did the Vikings in.

The series shifts to GB after a weekend where the Packers looked awful and the Vikings looked dominant. While the Packers got shellacked, their defense didn't play atrociously, as the Cardinals got a couple turnover sixes and short some fields to score on. The Vikings also benefited from turnovers and the onside kick recovery, which made it seem as if their offense played better than it truly did.

I think GB takes care of business and covers the number on the strength of their defense and turnover free play by Rodgers.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE GAME?

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I disagree, since you know they'll be playing hard to win this is a good game to NOT bet and just watch

Albabbie
    Albabbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 652

Vikings have *consistently* choked on primetime, high pressure games like this all year. They have won primarily against losing teams. Every time they are poised to become the true power in the NFC North they get knocked down a peg, and can't seem to get outta Green Bay's shadow.

With all that said I'm putting a decent bet on the Vikes ML. Their defense is healthy again and back to form. They will be hungry for revenge at Lambeau; and they finally put it all together for a decisive win.

As clutch as Aaron Rodgers is, I think the bottom falls out on GB this game. Then again I haven't had any luck capping their games all year, so fading me here is prob a good choice.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Albabbie View Post
    Vikings have *consistently* choked on primetime, high pressure games like this all year. They have won primarily against losing teams. Every time they are poised to become the true power in the NFC North they get knocked down a peg, and can't seem to get outta Green Bay's shadow.

With all that said I'm putting a decent bet on the Vikes ML. Their defense is healthy again and back to form. They will be hungry for revenge at Lambeau; and they finally put it all together for a decisive win.

As clutch as Aaron Rodgers is, I think the bottom falls out on GB this game. Then again I haven't had any luck capping their games all year, so fading me here is prob a good choice.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Two teams going nowhere. Vikes win and they host Seattle and get crushed again. GB wins and pending Seattle/Arizona, they get crushed by Seattle.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Seattle is not going to crush anyone this season. They will get past Washington or Minnesota in round 1, but that is the end of the line for them. They have no chance against either Arizona or Carolina. As far as this game is concerned, the winner could well host the loser next week in the first round of the playoffs. Minnesota is 4-3 S/U away, but only 1-4 S/U against teams who will be in the playoffs. Green Bay is 5-2 S/U at home, and 3-3 S/U against playoff bound teams. Advantage Green Bay.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Green Bay will need to do two things to win:

1. Limit Peterson
    2. Pressure Bridgewater

Right now, Minnesota is passing that eye test better.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Green Bay will need to do two things to win:

1. Limit Peterson
    2. Pressure Bridgewater

Right now, Minnesota is passing that eye test better.
    Well that's what they did in Minny the first time around.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Seattle is not going to crush anyone this season. They will get past Washington or Minnesota in round 1, but that is the end of the line for them. They have no chance against either Arizona or Carolina. As far as this game is concerned, the winner could well host the loser next week in the first round of the playoffs. Minnesota is 4-3 S/U away, but only 1-4 S/U against teams who will be in the playoffs. Green Bay is 5-2 S/U at home, and 3-3 S/U against playoff bound teams. Advantage Green Bay.
    If Minny wins, Green Bay is going to Washington. If Green Bay wins, Seattle would have to beat Arizona in order for Green Bay to host Minny again.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

People not giving the Vikings much respect. They were housed by Seattle with half the team on IR. Now they are healthy and playing well. If they match up against Seattle outside at home, in a revenge game, it could be a public burial the likes we haven't seen in some time.

goldust
    goldust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

Shouldn't the Vikings not want this game? They have a good coach and a bunch of young starters, so it's hard seeing them not going all out to win, though.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by goldust View Post
    Shouldn't the Vikings not want this game? They have a good coach and a bunch of young starters, so it's hard seeing them not going all out to win, though.

Uh, it's for the division. They'll want to win. Whether or not they do is another story. I expect Aaron Rodgers to have a full assortment of flags to throw at his leasure. Expect flags to rain down like confetti with every Rodgers Incompletion.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Uh, it's for the division. They'll want to win. Whether or not they do is another story. I expect Aaron Rodgers to have a full assortment of flags to throw at his leasure. Expect flags to rain down like confetti with every Rodgers Incompletion.
    Youre not being very nice right now.