Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

I Think the Jets Will Beat the Patriots This Weekend. B-B-B Brandon and the Jets! $$

Given the circumstance, I don't think the Patriots should be laying points in this contest. The Jets have been salivating for the rematch and will play this game with their hair on fire. The Patriots want this game too, but I doubt they'll match the intensity of NY. They just won't have the same sense of urgency.

With Edelman and his clone (Amendola) likely missing the game, the bread and butter of the Pats offense is hampered. Sure, Gronk will get his, and Lafell likely will see some balls on the outside, but who's gonna be the waterbug who slips through the underneath coverage and runs those intermediate crossing routes?

Furthermore, the Jets played good enough to win the first game, but ultimately didn't close the deal. Now they get the Pats at home, with an extra day of preparation (having last played Saturday), and catching points to boot.

My guess is that the Jets had this game in the back of their minds when they played Dallas, and hence their lackluster performance. This is the game they've been waiting for.

Jets +3

These four individuals can't be wrong...

goldust
    goldust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

Good write-up. I'm either going with NE or staying away though. That's just my own strategy with any NE game.

The Jets have been too inconsistent to think they can win the game. Covering 3 is one thing, but can Fitzpatrick win them a close game in this spot? That's what probably has to happen. Granted, he did just that against Dallas, but that's the Cowboys - they habitually collapse in the 4th qtr.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by goldust View Post
    Good write-up. I'm either going with NE or staying away though. That's just my own strategy with any NE game.
    The Pats are 7-7 against the spread this season. They're not difficult to fade, especially because their lines are almost always a point or two high. Ironically enough, this is because so many people think exactly what you mentioned above.

goldust

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    The Pats are 7-7 against the spread this season. They're not difficult to fade, especially because their lines are almost always a point or two high. Ironically enough, this is because so many people think exactly what you mentioned above.
    True, but I never bet them as huge (7+) road favs, either. If I bet them with a lot of chalk, it's at home.

But you're right. If you think they're overestimated in a game, then it could be worth taking the underdog. As far as this line is concerned, it's an entirely fair line, IMO. Not sure what else it should be.

Eddy Munny

I feel like it should be closer to a pick'em, maybe Pats -1. It may not seem like a major discrepancy, but in a game that could easily come down to a field goal, having the home team +3 is a pretty nice insurance policy.

That being said, given the public's propensity to bet the Patriots, the line is understandable.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 12-22-15 at 11:10 PM.

goldust

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I feel like it should be closer to a pick'em, maybe Pats -1. It may not seem like a major discrepancy, but in a game that could easily come down to a field goal, having the home team +3 is a pretty nice insurance policy.
    In the NFL with the new extra point rules, I think it matters. Actually, I generally buy to 2 if I see a -2.5 line I like.

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

it should be a great game!

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Given the circumstance, I don't think the Patriots should be laying points in this contest. The Jets have been salivating for the rematch and will play this game with their hair on fire. The Patriots want this game too, but I doubt they'll match the intensity of NY. They just won't have the same sense of urgency.

With Edelman and his clone (Amendola) likely missing the game, the bread and butter of the Pats offense is hampered. Sure, Gronk will get his, and Lafell likely will see some balls on the outside, but who's gonna be the waterbug who slips through the underneath coverage and runs those intermediate crossing routes?

Furthermore, the Jets played good enough to win the first game, but ultimately didn't close the deal. Now they get the Pats at home, with an extra day of preparation (having last played Saturday), and catching points to boot.

My guess is that the Jets had this game in the back of their minds when they played Dallas, and hence their lackluster performance. This is the game they've been waiting for.

Jets +3

These four individuals can't be wrong...

dallas gave the jets a hard time.. i think the pats will too.. ive been on this specific game year after year spread being high and low.. NE FINDS a way to get it done.. definitely will keep an eye out for this line tho

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The Jets play New England tough at home. Still, there can be no question that the Pats have a huge talent advantage over the Jets. Brady over Fitzpatrick to start things off. Also remember that the Jets are odd man out in the playoff race between themselves, Pitt, and Kansas City, all currently at 9-5. Talk about extra pressure. A loss finishes the Jets. That is probably too much for them to overcome. Still, I can see it going either way, so I pass.

Eddy Munny

Both starting safeties for the Pats now ruled out.

No McCourty

No Chung

No Edelman

No Amendola

Look, if the Patriots win and cover in this game, they can have my money. I mean, if not now, then when?

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Both starting safeties for the Pats now ruled out.

No McCourty

No Chung

No Edelman

No Amendola

Look, if the Patriots win and cover in this game, they can have my money. I mean, if not now, then when?
    betting against NE In a low spread like -3 is just.. scary. cause once brady starts unloading you are done. quick. id rather just watch lol

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    betting against NE In a low spread like -3 is just.. scary. cause once brady starts unloading you are done. quick. id rather just watch lol
    In most cases, I'd agree. But who's he going to throw the ball to? Gronk can't be the entire receiving corps and the other guys are very inconsistent. Now the defense is a bit banged up too and they're facing Decker and Marshall? I think the Jets win outright. Like I said, if the Pats cover, so be it. But my money feels safer with the Jets in this spot, as crazy as that sounds.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Let's not forget the coaching advantage, Belichick over Bowles. Brady will put this team out of its misery. Pats win and cover. So sorry for the home dog. You people act like there is value on the Jets. There is actually never any value when your betting against brady unless they are favored by 10 or more in any game. Let me say that the Pats never lost to the Broncos. They actually won that game, but the refs rooster-blocked the Patriots with 3 most ridiculous calls I've ever seen. Philly game was just a letdown that their bubble was already burst and special teams were sleeping. So Pats would be undefeated if they hadn't been screwed by the league of part time gentlemen in Denver because there would be no let down against crap asss philly.

Falcons sharp play +7 against Carolina: Carolina will win and cover
    Jets sharp play +3 against Pats: Pats will win and cover
    Giants sharp play against Minny? Minnesota will win and cover.

So sick of people who bet value plays. Value loses ALL THE TIME!

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Without ODB the Giants are worse than the Dolphins, which makes them the worst team in the NFL.

Eddy Munny

I don't quite understand your rant against "value" plays. Value is a good thing, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't endorse the Giants or the Falcons, nor do I regard them as "sharp."

The Jets, however, have a very good chance to win this game outright for aforementioned reasons.

Anybody expecting a Patriots cakewalk is going to be in for a rude awakening.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

They have played each other close last several games and now the jets are healthy and at home.

But then you have Fitzy vs Brady....

grease lightnin
    &

Patriots -1.5.

I had to hit -125 ml....seems like a value to me based on fitzy vs brady argument

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes & Whine View Post
    Let's not forget the coaching advantage, Belichick over Bowles. Brady will put this team out of its misery. Pats win and cover. So sorry for the home dog. You people act like there is value on the Jets. There is actually never any value when your betting against brady unless they are favored by 10 or more in any game. Let me say that the Pats never lost to the Broncos. They actually won that game, but the refs rooster-blocked the Patriots with 3 most ridiculous calls I've ever seen. Philly game was just a letdown that their bubble was already burst and special teams were sleeping. So Pats would be undefeated if they hadn't been screwed by the league of part time gentlemen in Denver because there would be no let down against crap asss philly.

What's value mean?

goldust

What do you guys think of Brady under 300.5 passing yards? Only has Gronkowski and the Jets have solid defense.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Patriots -1.5.

I had to hit -125 ml....seems like a value to me based on fitzy vs brady argument
    NOW a pick @ 5 Dimes .

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    NOW a pick @ 5 Dimes .
    Yeah I don't mess with offshore anymore. Back to -130 where I play

Eddy Munny

Jets got this.

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

Good luck bro got them on a teaser

YoungGambler
    repetition is the father of learning
    YoungGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Man I'm rooting for Jets so hard. Fitz, Marshall, Wilkerson, Richardson deserve playoffs.

Eddy Munny

Jets looking good. Patriots offense is struggling without their little, white guys zig-zagging underneath.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Nice call Eddy. I wasn't going to the play the game, but you and a couple others convinved me. Thanks!!

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    Nice call Eddy. I wasn't going to the play the game, but you and a couple others convinved me. Thanks!!
    No problem. Jets made things interesting there at the end, but clinched it quick in overtime.

With the Steelers loss, Jets now control their own postseason destiny.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

No problem. Jets made things interesting there at the end, but clinched it quick in overtime.

With the Steelers loss, Jets now control their own postseason destiny.
    They sure did. I don't know how true it is, but someone from the media said Belichek confirmed that the Pats decision to kick off in OT was his call and the player did not make a mistake. Wow.. a head scratching call.

pboozer57
    Maybe next year!
    pboozer57's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes & Whine View Post

So bet everything on the Giants, right? Did you take Seattle as well?

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by pboozer57 View Post
    So bet everything on the Giants, right? Did you take Seattle as well?
    Yeah, B&W made himself look silly with his impassioned rants against the Jets and the Falcons.

He must have a different definition of "value" than I do because that's not a dirty word in my book.